Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
{EDIT: last version was jibberish}

A few days ago, a U.S. Iridium satellite and a defunct Russian communications satellite.

This video shows the path of the debris.

Should we be investing more money in sweeping our near space of junk? Now we have a cloud of debris up there that poses a significant danger to the space station and any other manned craft, let alone the unmanned craft.

EDITED_BY: Doc Lightning (1234809343)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
a vacuum cleaner in a vacuum?

I think that would only work if it's in the form of a giant transforming mega maid.

The less people know the more they believe

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Lol I think the joke was that we needed something to clean a vacuum... a vacuum cleaner. tongue2

Would people still cheat on their wives with a mega maid?

hug

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
I would if I was a robot. But robots wouldn't have wives. The promiscuous little bastards. xD

Risen from the Ashes
The Phoenix shall rise in his royal flaire.
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
What if robots could have several wives? I think a good number of them could settle down into a polygamous relationship.

hug

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
Well, why would they make copies?

Risen from the Ashes
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Because we programmed them to, and then they went into some sci-fi/horror mode because we were so stupid as to forget to design an "emergency off" feature, became intelligent, and destroyed us all.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My robot overlords shall rule all...

er... *regains composure* ahem.

-Mike

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
I'm sure we'd have an emergency off switch. We'd just forget one, until some big shot hero runs around and attempts to find that catlyst of revolution against them.

Risen from the Ashes
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
can we not golf swing all the rubbish down the nearest black hole?

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: burningoftheclaveycan we not golf swing all the rubbish down the nearest black hole?

I hear willworkforfoodnjr eats anything, so he may be the closest thing we've got.

-Mike

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I missed you guys.....:)

.... anyway, I heard about this, it came parallel to news reports of ufo citings. And the collision became one of the "explanations".

Now, I'm no physics expert.

But, lets delve into conspiracy theories here.

It just may be that the collision was a smoke screen the government concocted, and it never actually happened.

It may be that the collision happened because of external influences, i.e. ET wasnt paying attention to his driving as he was picking up Shakira's truthful hips on MTV and he got, erm distracted, eeep, smash, whups.

It may be that the collision was an inside job, and them doohickies were puirposely made to collide. The governments of this world love to destroy their own stuff. *shrug*

Whatever the case, the fact that they said that the lights in the sky that people'd spotted recently were just debris; my, what intelligent debris that was, floating and orbiting in formation, changing direction and what not.

Yeah. Sure. I believe ya. Cos government have never hidden things from the public before have they?

just something for you guys to ponder on. Much like ET pondering upon which artist he should be illegally downloading videos for his iPod gizmo on a tuesday afternoon.....

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
It wasn't a satalite crash! it was the exodar!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
on the news today it said some astronauts had to abandon their space station temporarily because they thought a piece of space junk was going to collide with it. at least i think it was the news....

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
The piece of space junk was an old bit of the International Space Station that had been replaced and then then sent off into orbit.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
so.. let's look at this, once, not so long ago the facts were that we were putting too much waste into our environment, so teh decision was to shift it to someone elses environment by exporting the waste, I guess we're at the point of having too much waste in someone elses environment that we can jsut throw it at the sky... great idea... &(*^*% numbskulls, not only does it pose a threat to our satalite communications, space stations and orbital craft, eventualy it's gonna drop down to earth at high speed and be a danger to whoever it hits, now, perhaps with some careful planning and geometry we could knock things off course... and right into the homes of whoeever made the decision to dump the stuff in space!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SunbirdIt wasn't a satalite crash! it was the exodar!

OMG, DORK!!!!

-Mike

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SunbirdIt wasn't a satalite crash! it was the exodar!
ubbrollsmile wow ditto
EDITED_BY: TinklePants (1236970901)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
umm exodar?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
according to google.. it appears to be some warcraft thing.. i didnt get it either smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

fanged_angelBRONZE Member
poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
imo i dont think we could get a chain reaction of collisions going up there because to stay at the same height as all the other satellites its orbit would need to orbit the earth in the same amount of time as all the other satellites and this cant really happen after a collision because of conservation of momentum, ag = G M/R2 etc.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Doc LightningOriginally Posted By: SunbirdIt wasn't a satalite crash! it was the exodar!

OMG, DORK!!!!

Dorks are people too!!!!! XD

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Doc Lightning

OMG, DORK!!!!

and proud! but I know the truth! David ike was close, but in fact the NWO are not shapeshifting lizards, they are backward legged octofaces!

jojodijojostranger
13 posts

Posted:
One thing that utterly pisses me off- and is spectacularly off topic- is that people are too damn ignorant to clean up after themselves in space. IMO, if you are going to send something up there it's only common sense and basic manners to work out how to bring it back again first.

Apparently it's getting rather hairy going up there now account of all the 'dead' objects in orbit about Earth.

The earthling approach to 'uncharted' territory rather reminds me of early attempts at discovering 'new' continents- ie, fill it full of junk and get what you want, just so long as you explore enough. ><

I think I'm the only person in the computiverse who doesn't 'get' WOW btw! It immediately conjures up mental images of a bunch of berks ambling about in virtual orcsuits.
EDITED_BY: jojodijojo (1237893278)

Page: