Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
After having no motivation to practice any poi for the past few days this evening I get a sudden burst of motivation, the sort that leads to learning several new things in a single night.

But I missplaced my damn poi somewheres in my house. I don't understand where they could be I was spinning today, sat them down somewheres and they are gone. An hour of searching has produced nothing.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
You left them on the table in the chatroom. I found them after u left and i put them behind the bar. Ask flid to get them for u, when hes on duty next.

Na, u get that, they seem to hide when u r doing good, i have about 10sets , all over the house, then i can grab them when ever i feel inspriation. Just go get some extra tennis balls and string and it SHOULD never happen again. (although they still like to hide.)

Its all just smoke and mirrors

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Its not one of those cases where your looking for something for ages and you realise that you were actually holding it in your hand or reverse weaving it behind your back the whole time???

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
they are probably with odd socks, car keys and other things that just seem to disappear! i reckon its the mischief fairies at work...

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Its always in the last place you look!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
heh... this is where someone has to ask the world's most stupid question....

'Where did you lose it?'

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Following in polytenes string of stupid questions :

Whens the last time you remeber seeing them.

or,

Poi land, where all the other poi go.

[ 09. June 2003, 03:43: Message edited by: Motbag ]

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Where did you put them?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
checking poi land now. If they don't turn up there
then someone stole them.

Im not one to point fingers but...

I think polythene stole them!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Curses! I've been discovered.... just so long as no-one works out that I have all the odd socks, too....

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Check the freezer. I find things there all the time. (Especially homework for some reason)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My poi always go wandering, i usually find them in a bag (one that i take out with me)

And my sock poi are the most annoying, they act like normal socks where one goes missing, so you end up with odd sock poi!

Hope you find them soon

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
this is a sock poi. So it will take forever to find due to the behaviour of missing socks.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ohh i feel for you! Sock poi are the worst to go missing.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
OK annoying spooky explanation for those cant be arsed to find stuff...
APPORTATION! Where theres a certain habit caused by supernatural influenecs eg Polterguists, strong energies and sock bermuda triangles (I have one of those) in the vicinty move things... generally with the effect of complete disapearingness that gets to you bad and pisses you off , and appear in a completely different place to where you expected it ... or never come sback even though you were sure you put it somewhere.
However due to SCIENCE! explanations such as low sound frequencies causing things to act wierd (affecting brain waves), dont quite appeal to certain people (either cos it doesnt make a single point of sense or cos u wanna scare the shit out of your friends for a laugh) plus the explanation of thing wobbling away becasue of sound is a little daft.
LIFE IS ANNOYING! explanation would be that annoying family members have moved your things....

a. on purpose
b. cos they are stupidly demented
c. have been possessed by spiritaul forces
d. whilst nonchalently moving your things around because they are tidy freaks.

D is most likely the answer, so if it helps after giving you good reason for things to disappear, you will reaslise I have gone into a stupid and complicated explanation when there was perfectly no need... just more useless information for when the D option doesnt apply.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I found them finally hanging on the handle of a vacume cleaner. No wonder it took me so long because my vaccume cleaner is definatly the least used tool in my house.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted: