16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Hello all.wave

I´m planning to visit to some friends in London this summer (in the middle of June to be more precise) and as the reason to why I´m back in Europe this summer is to teach workshops I was thinking that it would be awesome to take this opportunity to meet some London spinners and have a workshop there as well.
It would be really nice to finally meet some of you guys, been there two times but no one had time to play when I´ve was there cry , so this time I write here many months before and not weeks grin

So what I wonder is if there is any interest from spinners in London to have a poi workshop by a little Swedish monkey poi spinner?wonder

//Thomas

www.nevisoul.com (virus warning on the site though, update in progress)

EDITED_BY: Nevisoul (1234318227)
EDIT_REASON: Added URL

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh my goodness, UKdians
Thomas is an amazing teacher with a beautiful style and so precise and creative. He blew us away at UberOz3 this year. If you have a chance to work with him, do it!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there's interest here. I think it would be good to time it either so that it doesn't clash with a festival (the only one that I can remember in June is Southern Lights from 12th-14th) or grab a lift with one of us to the festival and do some workshops there.

Otherwise, I think the best people to contact are those that run Spinning@ or the Camden weekly meets. I know that Nick recently did some workshops in London so it may be worth asking him how he organized it. This would also help sort out whether / how you want to be paid.

I have the email addresses of some of the Spinning@ people so pm me if you want them or if you want help finding the others' contact details.

Good luck.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I know that Nick held his workshop at Circus Space...

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
And try the Rag Factory (Formerly Spitz)

I'll be there grin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
To avoid confusion, it's probably worth saying that the 'Spinning@' meet happens '@' the Rag Factory i.e. they are one and the same.

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Gabe: Thanks for the very kind words hug

So I could come over to England 3:rd - 17:th of june or the 22:nd - 29:th.

What do you guys reckon would be the best time to come? Would be very happy to come a long to a spinning festival or two as well grin

I can´t afford to rent a place like Nick probably did and it would be nice to be outdoors if the weather allows. sunny

And the whole idea is that people wont pay for the workshop itself, you buy a set of the poi we make for 25€ - 30€ and that includes the workshop fee on 25€, sounds?

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You mean Festivals like [Old link] ubbrollsmile

I've heard many great things about you from people who went to 3berOz.
Of course they're not to be trusted so I wanna see it for myself in person tongue2

You know what you have to do... yes yes yes

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: 16.15.8

And the whole idea is that people wont pay for the workshop itself, you buy a set of the poi we make for 25€ - 30€ and that includes the workshop fee on 25€, sounds?

Cracking idea, I hope to make the November workshop grin

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"