tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
might wanna check this out...i know you work hard on maintaining this site, wouldn't wanna see someone steal it from ya:https://www.imblowinup.com/glowsticking.html

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
I went to the Feedback part of their site and posted a friendly, polite mail to them suggesting that, good as their site is, it would be really nice if they gave a better credit to Malcolm for his work.Maybe some mileage in a few dozen other people doing the same. Hyperlinking's the meat-and-potatoes ofthe web, after all, but credit where credit's due doesn't hurt.Then, if they don't do the right thing, further measures? Can always put a REFERRER filter on the server and block their links winkmikeyB

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Damn, wouldn't it have been easier for him to just put a link on his site? That's kinda beat.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I sent them an email as well. I hope they figure out how lame stealing someone else's hard work is and remove it from their site. Sorry about the hassle, Malcolm. Much props for you efforts. Diana

Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
Geez, that's some blatant ish tekkno..good that was noticed.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I also submitted a comment.Did you all see where is said to mention it to your friends? Isn't that working against them now? (I pointed that out in the note I wrote!)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dis is what I wrote;On your glowsticking lessons page, you are linking to Home of Poi copyright resources. By omitting any credit to Home of Poi, you are infringing their copyright, and thus you are lame.Why can't you just provide a link to Home of Poi, rather than try to make out those are your resources?For sure I'll tell my friends.Josh-----just thought I'd follow on the good work you kids have done already.Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
It must be really tiring for you Malcolm..about that ad that appears after the framebustout for www.firetwirling.com..you could whack in the bottom of your onload script, something likeself.focuswhich will push that little ad behind your window. I dont think you can close it cuz it was opened from a different website (security hole), but you can certainly push it behind your window when it loads, which I reckon is almost as good.yell if you need help, and respect as always.Josh

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Seems that site is just nasty in general... their "drug info" section links straight to www.erowid.org 's page.=(

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
"...and thus you are lame"I love you, Josh. You rock my world.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well I _thought_ it was funny smileoh well, I think perhaps I need to work on my comedy more...Josh

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
Malcolm--No kidding about that bandwidth theft. I run a few web sites myself, and personally, I consider it completely acceptable to respond to such things by simply changing the grapic to read "This site is stealing bandwidth", or even worse things. ("We are morons" is another fairly mild one.)The fact that such things are doable at all is one of the reasons why I consider bandwidth theft not just malicious, but inept, crude and stupid as well. It puts you totally at the mercy of your supposed "victim".Sorry you're having to deal with this crap.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
ROFL... how can some people lack such imagination taht they cannot either come up witb something new or just use the existing amazing ressource we have here... that is pretty ridiculous...

YOU DA BEST, MAlcolm

so what is teh regulation on that one really ? does anyone know ?

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Malcolm, you can really get the owner of the last one in alot of toruble as, if you didn't notive, the address is actually linked to a school ( .edu ), which can actually get the school in trouble. So instead of the school facing charges the kid would get in serious trouble for using copyright material on school accounts, facing expulsion I bet would be the least of his/her worries.

Cass, it falls into the realm of Copyright Infringement Laws, which can come with alot of little side laws (plagerism, depending on what is taken..intellectual property, Malcolm could sue for lost wages if stuff from the store section was used...just a whole lot of stuff). These come with hefty fines and imprisonment in most areas.

Love you both!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
hehe the site that started this thread is gone...
I wonder why???

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
one more dumb kid.

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
about the firetwirling.com site, what's the point of that? since its still hop just with a different address, what would someone stand to gain by doing that?

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Basterds!!!

I hate people who steel things(other than fire moves )!!

I will always be back to this sight. Never stray.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
big up yourself frost....nuff respec'!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
so is firetwirling.com now the proper HoP site? hmmmmm........sorry for being computer illiterate/technologically challenged......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank