Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > NEW!!!SECOND!!! Bali poi retreat with Nick Woolsey! 24th May 2009

Login/Join to Participate

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Poisters!
Following the first truly wonderful poi retreat, (Check out this excellent video a participant made. Nick Woolsey (Meenik here on HoP), is organising a second week of poi classes, yoga, excursions and good vibes near beautiful Ubud, in the hills of Bali! Featuring special guest Alien Jon. This is going to be a ripper!

When? May 24th-30th 2009

For those who are new to poi or have been spinning under a rock, Nick is probably the most influential, inspirational poi teacher of the last - what, decade? He is also a truly lovely person, and this will no doubt be an experience of a lifetime. I've just done his first one and am plotting to come back for the second, that's how good it was.

More details are on his Playpoi site.

Nick is considering changing the venue from the seaside one mentioned on that site to a huge studio just outside the very easy-to-be-in town of Ubud, to accommodate more people. So get in touch pronto if you are thinking to come. It really is the best holiday ever!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I need to book flights, and get a passport and visa, and once uni starts I'll need to finish off half a dozen assignments, but this is definately on the top of my to-do list.

Who else will be hiding from the world?

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm going to a wedding during this event!!!!

I'm going to cry frown I've heard great things about Ubud!! :(:(:(

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Man this looks good, can't book anymore holidays this year though frown

Maybe next year

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

FlecolanGOLD Member
Chillisity!
42 posts

Posted:
Aww i wish i was a richkid student instead of a regular one frown. Cant wait will Nick visits Europe again tongue2.

hoffmanGOLD Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
this looks fantastic. I hope he does this every year in Bali. I cant come this year but me and my girl would definately go next year.

spirituality can be seen as just intiution.....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: jarleI need to book flights, and get a passport and visa, and once uni starts I'll need to finish off half a dozen assignments, but this is definately on the top of my to-do list.

You serious bro?? It would be GREAT to see you there! Let Nick know to save you a spot (there's not many) and
get booking while there's still cheap Virgin flights. I got mine for just under $400 including taxes.... mind you I am now thinking of going from Perth (dropping in at Spun Out on the way...) and tix from there are only like $200something.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I handed in my passport application the other day, and that'll take around 2 weeks to get all sorted out. I've been in email contact with Nick for several weeks now, bouncing ideas and questions off him, so he knows that I'm interested in showing up - deposits open up today I think?

In all fairness, I doubt I'll be able to show up at SpunOut as well, considering I'll be taking TWO WEEKS OFF from my 3rd year at uni and I'll need all the homework time I can get my hands on.

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
That is so cool that you're planning to come to Bali though. YAY!! I also am getting my passport renewed and have to change my tix cos I booked it for the previous dates. I am still not totally sure I'll do the Spun Out.. but Bali, oh yeah! It sits right after one lot of assignments and way before the next lot.. and I'm sure I'll figure a way to include it as pat of an assignment, seeing I 'handed in' Uberoz for my last one wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
omigoodness shocked it's only a week shocked till I leave for SpunOut and then three weeks in Bali! Sooo much to do!

This retreat booked out- but Nick's having another one from May 24th-30th if that timing suits you better... smile

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Can someone please tell me this is going to run again next year? I'd love to go! I just can't this year frown

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
All I know is that my gut says... maybe.

Futurama references aside, I'll ask for ya. In two weeks, when I no longer have half a semester of uni homework hanging over my head...

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: newgabe
This retreat booked out- but Nick's having another one from May 24th-30th if that timing suits you better... smile

OMGYES!!!!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well the retreat's over now, and I can't praise it too highly. WONDERFUL learning, relaxing, beautiful place and people. I'm still in Bali, most of us are, and don;t ever want to leave. In fact, I'm seriously contemplating coming back for the next one. Yep, it was THAT good.

The next retreat is looking so popular that Nick is considering moving it to a bigger place, nearer to Ubud. SO if any of you are dithering about it, get onto him pronto so he can make the plunge with confidence. You won't regret it.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'm hella behind this too. I only got back from Bali this morning (about 10 hours ago) and I'm already missing everyone. If there's even the slightest chance that you can go along, it's definately worth the effort.

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Many thanks to Karen NG for making this excellent vid of What We Did At The Poi Retreat!.

SO I'm back in Brisbane now... but am returning to Bali in 10 days for the second retreat and a few months after that. Love the place, people, climate, food... have found a volunteer job and am GOING!