Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > New video tute? Cateye goodness included!

Login/Join to Participate

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
No, I haven't got one, but I really want to make one... is anyone trying to understand something that they would really like me to make a video about? Advanced or beginner I'm not fussed. If I can't do it I'll have a go at learning and see if I can pass on some tips. Whatever the request I'll make my best attempt...

For now I'll be outside making a video tutorial...

hug

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
"How to Make Sense of all of The Crap In My Life"

But really...

I could use some help transitioning into a corkscrew, nothing I have read so far really helped much. That's kind of a lame tutorial though. I will think on it, right now I am trying to figure our what to learn next.

Human

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Yeah, sure I'll do that... and the other tutorial I intended to do.. after my camera is done charging...

hug

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
smile

Human

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Both videos are done... uploading to youtube now. They'll be posted in [Old link] very shortly.

Does anyone want anything else? This one didn't allow for a lot of insight, but I'm happy to give all the insight I've got into some other movement...

hug

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Hey that was really helpful actually, thank you very much! I will have more time to practice tomorrow, it's 1 am here and I have to be up in a few hours frown I'll let you know more how it goes tomorrow smile

Thanks again!

Human

julian_mirandaBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
hi, i'm new but since you are accepting reques. how about a tutoiral for "cat-eyes",i just can't get how to practice them... by the way sorry for my poor english

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
If you follow the link above, you will see he has a tutorial on cat-eyes wink

How about crossers?

Human

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Have you seen this video??

If not, watch it and then let me know if you'd still like me to make one, I dunno if theres a whole lot I can add. I could add a few snippits here and there, but that tutorial is fairly good...

Its a one beat antispin movement.

I have a video out there already that has a way to help you use cateyes within a movement, it can help trick you into doing them, but it is an advanced movement...

Heres the cateye thing I made a while back...

This should probably be enough, but if not I might be able to bash something else together... not a whole lot, though.

hug

julian_mirandaBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
thanks for your help. i guess those videos will be enought for getting into cat-eyes so i'll start with them as soon as i make a new pair of pois ( i lost mines yesterday T_T ).
EDITED_BY: julian_miranda (1233126202)

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
There is a lack of really good cateye tutorials that I know of... hopefully I'll change that somewhat soon.

Here are a few resources that are pretty good:

+Alien Jon

+Alien Jon

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Thanks for Noels tutorial in the middle, I had a friend trying to get Cateyes. smile

Holding the poi and going through the motion you do right in the beginning is the best way that I've seen to teach cateyes... I haven't been able to think of anything I could really add to a tutorial off the top of my head. Any tips on how to teach it? (promise I won't rip you off and go make a video, but in the flesh lessons could do with some improvement if you've got something up your sleeves.) grin

hug

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
For the sake of others, would it be possible to rename this thread something along the line of: "Cateye turorials"?

From an outside perspective, nobody would know of the goodness inside... just a thought.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Does that please?

I've got a request... snake eyes demo. tongue2 Nathaniel, get on it.

hug

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Das ist besser.

Snake eyes Demo? I can show you how to roll snake eyes EVERYtime.

"I remember when I used to gamble,
I used to play with dice.
I put my savings on the table,
Then I threw those damn snake eyes"
smile
EDITED_BY: NathanielEverist (1233182895)
EDIT_REASON: spelling error