Page: 1...1920212223...35
George
Total posts: 3
Posted:Are there any other pyro types living in sleepy 'ol Cambridge these days?
Whats there to do in terms of fire spinning? Anyone want to meet up sometime and find out?

Delete Topic

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:howdy dan, yay more peoples!!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Total posts: 133
Posted:Hey cambridge people, I'm starting at Churchill college next saturday, quite scared really about leaving home etc. and all my friends. Usual boo-hoo student story really frown so I won't bore you. What I would like to know is how I can meet up with you guys for some spinning practise? I checked out the camcricus link on the previous page, but it seemed to be broken.

I really want to carry on spinning staff and doubles whilst at Cambridge. I'd love to meet all you wonderful people!

(Also trying to figure out how to store my staffs in my dorm room without stinking the place out with paraffin!)

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Total posts: 434
Posted:wave AK welcome to HoP/Cambridge biggrin the camcircus link is working fine for me, may have been temporarily down when you tried it I guess confused.

You will find us every sunday either on parkers piece (weather permitting) or at camcircus from about 5:30 PM til whenever. So just turn up and join in! i'll pm you my contact details so you can find out where we are before you come.

Motley weavesmiley

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:wave hello! YAY! more spinny people coming to Cambridge!

You're staying in a dormitory? wow, I that stopped at uni: ah, the luxuries of a single room! I don't know if you have a bag for you staves, but a fishing rod/hockey bag usually works well, and make sure you cover the heads in lots of plastic bags with a knot to make sure they stay on. You may want to keep them somewhere out of the way, I know uni admin can get a bit funny about the whole 'paraffin indoors' thing!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Lots of plastic bags will have to be the way forward! Hehe I can't wait to start spinning again! I've had no time since I've had to start the hectic process of packing - I'm still working full time! rah...

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:Hey guys!

hug

I will be coming to Cambs on the 6th/7th weekend - we're having a family do so my Dad and sister are looking for a place to stay as well as Jo and I. If anyone has some floor space for us two and/or ideas for the other 2 could you let me know? I have a few options, but none of them as nice as you guys smile

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Ooh I don't know about putting people up in my uni accomodation. You should try http://www.couchsurfing.com/
though - never tried it myself, but heard good things from people who have.

I've tracked down

http://www.capoeira-cambridge.co.uk/
br>
and am thinking of going along, once all the hecticness of freshers week dies down. Is anyone up for coming too? Does anyone already go, and know how much is costs? It's a shame theres no dedicated university society for spinning or capoeira. I met Ed the other night, who just finished Cambridge, and he didn't give the Cambridge juggling society a glowing review really. Hopefully Camcircus is where its at! I can't wait!

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:biggrin YAY! Sym and Jo! I might be able to put up a couple of people at my house: there's the double bed downstairs and we might be able to clear out the spare room: I just have to check what's going on that weekend. Is it both nights or just the one you need?

be great to see you two again hug hug

akgraphics: I've spoken to the capoeira people before they seem really nice, but I've never really had a chance to go: I wanted to this summer but due to strange working hours I couldn't go. Simon might be up for it though.

Generally, martial arts (in my experience) lessons tend to be about 5/ session or less if you pay for a term in advance. So I'd be expecting that at least, but your best bet would be to send an e-mail to them. Would love to go with you but I'm leaving for china soon, so I guess I'll see you next weekend!

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Yay! I can't go this coming sunday (2 days time?) as it clashes with a meal with my "cambridge parents" meal (gotta love it! my mums the same age as me, and we have one big lovely tri-ethnic family!). But the next week I shall definately be along. Are the any random places during the week people congregate to spin around Cambridge?

Ulp ... last night at home before I go tomorrow morn!

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:parker's piece, jesus green, the millpond. But they're only really busy in the summer, and in the evening can get a bit dodge. I heard rumors about a meet on jesus green firing up again though..

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted:wave All, I just uploaded a few pics from alst week to my gallery if anyones interested biggrin

See you all tomorrow hug

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:Yup I saw them as you were uploading them, good shots Tom

see you tomrrow,

will be out somewhere tonight if anyones outand about not sure where yet . . .

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted:Ooh let me know i might pop down for a pint or two biggrin

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

The official Emma Peel wannabe
Total posts: 226
Posted:Yay...Jo and Sym are coming soon. Jo better get better (?) cos I want to give you both mega hugs!

Sorry about not coming to the Regal guys but we'll def see you later. I guess we'll be at the hall due to smelly weather.

2 weeks until Guy goes ubbcrying

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:aww hug

I think we're coming up at the weekend to celebrate Sym's grandparents' something anniversary,..ruby maybe? i forget! xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:It's Gold eek

So the news is that there isn't room for Jo at the meal on Saturday night, but we're still looking for a bed for my dad, sister and Me. Jo might still come up, but I'm not sure...

Guy, is the offer still open for some of us? Anyone else?

hug see you at the weekend hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Hey everyone, hopefully I'll be meeting you all at CamCircus this sunday - the weather looks loooooverly for the coming week, so i'll be taking my staff with me wherever I go - Look for an Indian-looking dude (well ...sri lankan if we're specific) carrying a staff in a grey thin bag. If you see me, stop me, throw rocks at me, get my attention! I'm usually up in the clouds when walking around on my own, so flag me down, i reaaally want to meet all of you!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:ok i'm phoneless, but maybe someone else can send you their number or something, not sure where we'll be...im not much use am i??

Delete

Motley
Motley

addict
Posted: Written by: akgraphics

Hey everyone, hopefully I'll be meeting you all at CamCircus this sunday - the weather looks loooooverly for the coming week, so i'll be taking my staff with me wherever I go - Look for an Indian-looking dude (well ...sri lankan if we're specific) carrying a staff in a grey thin bag. If you see me, stop me, throw rocks at me, get my attention! I'm usually up in the clouds when walking around on my own, so flag me down, i reaaally want to meet all of you!

I'll put some rocks in my poi bag ubblol only kidding, i think i already pm'd you my number so give me a call if you get lost on the way

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:I emailed Camcircus, and he said to meet in the Howard Mallet centre? I'll pm you my number Motley, in case you're headed somewhere else?

I was practising in the green next to the bus station and saw a guy with dreadlocks spinning fire to a large group of people sitting on the lawn! He looked really good ... I just stayed hidden underneath my tree practising ... I can't practise in front of public people. When I'm actually performing I kinda switch off, and tune out the audience. Probably a bad thing.

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

Posted:Hi,

Did you see this e-mail from Camcircus... cool pics Vampyricacid! hug

http://www.chaos.org.uk/ccc/gallery/outdoors1/index.html
br>

Apparently you may have copies of the originals if you like Simon!

See you guys later,

Karen x

EDITED_BY: Winged Avenger (1160321443)

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:It was wonderful to meet you all! To be honest I could've come and just sat there for a couple of hours just watching all the amazing skills on display! smile

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:I could say the same about you man, your staff was amazing

Delete

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Just in case people didn't get a text, meet at the Granta pub at 8pm Friday, for a drink, hug and a spin before I head out to China!
grouphug

Delete

DanDrum
DanDrum

Total posts: 10
Posted:What a cool night beerchug marred considerably by having to say good buywave to Guy.
Busted my firestaff cherry though and am presently awaiting delivery of a spanking new staff.
Looking forward to hooking up this coming weekend. Karen if you want a lift from Sudbury give us a bell.
Guy when you read this you'll be in China!!! How cool is that. Except it's not cool because your not here with us. Once again good luck dude

Your all just jealous cos the little voices only talk to me!!!

Delete

Winged Avenger
Winged Avenger

Posted:
Hi all,

Dan - Thanks for the offer. I don't have yours or Olivia's number - I have PM'd (Private messaged - check the flashing envelop by your log-in) you mine. I don't have great net access so please feel free to contact by phone or on my work e-mail (which I think I have given you guys!!!). I'd like to take advantage of it though!

Cambridge posse - missing you all loads! Def up for coming for a visit sooner rather than later. Matt mentioned that perhaps yoiu'd like to head down here. - well- if you'd like to visit and do me a HUGE favour it would be great if you could come down on November 19th and take part in the Parade of Light (a parade through town switching on the Christmas lights) an bring any glow toys you have!! You could all take part and have a giggle!

Matty B - did you pick up Guy's staffs when you left last Saturday am? We couldn't find them when we were heading out for a spin and SOMEONE was getting a bit anxious!

If anyone is wondering why LazyAngel is so quiet lately please go to his Intro Thread ( http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/show...5/o/all/fpart/9
) and you can keep up to date with his antics there!!!

hug Miss ing you all lots! See you soon!

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Hello beans!

I seem to be a part of firetroupe (yay! exciting) so I'll do a shameless plug:

Tomorrow, we're having a photoshoot firespin on midsummer common, from 9pm. We supply paraffin, but it would be nice to have some donations for it, as I am still just a student and can't afford to buy paraffin for sessions every time! 2 quid per person was quoted, but i'd accept 20p ...or sweeties, whatevers good smile

But yeah, we need photos for our promotional material: websites, posters, cards, etc. And we havn't got very many good ones. So bring your friends, photographers and cameras, and we'll try to get the most stunning eye-candy in the world ever! yay!

One caveat: any photos taken good enough will be used on our website hopefully!

I STILL havn't spun fire since coming here, I'm very very excited! clap

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:anyone going to camcrcus??

and remember AK safety first smile i might be tempted to come out and see you all and have a spin, i have no fire poi, or i do, but they are crappy, but if anyone could lend me some i;d be happy to let you shoot me.....with your camera

Delete

akgraphics
akgraphics

Posted:Myself and a friend will be coming tonight! Tis been a while since I came ...

Safety first definately! Goes without saying smile

In future, at all our fire practices, we provide all the equipment and paraffin - next time, please come! no equipment needed!

Last night was really fun, good to meet everyone else!

Delete

VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Posted:cool, i'll have to get your number, im always up for a spin smile

Delete

Page: 1...1920212223...35