Page:
mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

It's Southern Lights 2009 announcement time smile

Firstly, the dates are 12-14th June.
We have a new site on the grounds of a beautiful stately home in a little village called Kimmeridge on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, we know that very few of you will have heard of it so we have organised an electronic map!

There is so much happening and the best way to keep up to date with what's going on is to check out our shiny new website at www.southernlightsfestival.co.uk

We will endeavour to answer questions and comments that you leave for us but the best way to get your questions answered is to use the contact page on the website.

Have a wonderful winter and spring and we'll see you in SUMMER!!!

From all the Southern Lights Team

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: mattbassman (1239362382)
EDIT_REASON: flashy poster :)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
we'll miss you too pete hug was great meeting you last year wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
Anyone I can get a lift with from London??

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
How many tickeeeeets are there be lefting right now left sometimes?

Ours yet bought not we have.

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
It's a real bugger that this is the same weekend as download, I had an awesome time last year frown

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey johny

We still have tickets left as our target audience is slack last minute hippies ;-) we are predicting a sell out tho looking at the figures.

To sum up,

Slack hippy you must avoid, online ticket you must purchase. :-)

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
UCOF PM sent

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Mr Joe .... SHAME on you!

Support your community event! you will be greatly missed on the field of dreams :-(

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
download's overrated and technically overseas tongue2

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
4 weeks to go ;-)

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
cant wait smile although if amy doesn't come map reading whilst trying to drive might be a bit of a problem...

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have a vehicle with a tow bar who can help me get my Caravan there for the weekend?
Its in Dorset at the mo - can throw ya Petrol or possibly a ticket

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
SatNavs are awesome grin

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Fear not we will have good signage for our punters..... we wouldnt want you straying on to the tank firing ranges now would we ;-)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
or driving off a cliff into the sea wink

If you keep your window open whilst driving you can hear the flip flap of the webbed feet of the locals when they walk, this will lead you in the right direction, if your feet get wet, you're in the sea and have gone a little too far.

Jon - No chasing Pheasants this time please they have a game keeper with a flat cap and a hawk grin

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:

I actually got chased off someone's land by a guy with a flat cap, a terrier and a shotgun.. I never realised people that cliched actually existed before smile

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I am defenitly coming this year! grin I have already given Mr Mynci the moolah so it's at least 90% certain that I will show up. grin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
damn right missy. keep bugging those mates of yours to drive you down grin

addict
498 posts

Posted:
ok, my mum is swaying towards letting me have the car for the weekend and her getting a lift to work - sweet! now all i have to do is get me a ticket!

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: TastesLikePurpleok, my mum is swaying towards letting me have the car for the weekend and her getting a lift to work - sweet! now all i have to do is get me a ticket!

Tell your mother the organisers are very thankful, and promise her car will be safe and secure :-)

addict
498 posts

Posted:
oh its not that, she just doesn't want to get a lift to work!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I heart pheasants. grin

Pyrowill doesn't.
He runs them over. grin

mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:

Hello everyone,

Apologies if you get this update more than once but we need to get all this info out to as many people as possible as we are LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO GO smile

Please check out the website “Itinerary” page as the vast majority of workshops are now finalised and listed. We've got Choreography to Contact ball, Origami to Acro Balance and everything inbetween. We've got some top names in their respective feilds coming to share their skills and we don't want you to miss out. Speaking of missing out...

DON'T LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE TO GET YOUR TICKETS!
We are selling out quicker than in the prievious two years and once the tickets are gone, we can't issue any more so if you snooze, you lose frown

We are also pleased to announce the SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE. We are offering a shuttle bus service from Wareham train station to the site however it will only be going from the station to the site NOT supermarkets, shops or anything. If you do need stuff, get it before getting on the shuttle. Cost will be £5 for a return trip per person. Times are:

Friday 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm
Saturday 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Sunday 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm
Monday 10am and 12pm

These times coincide with the arrival and departure times of the London to Weymouth line and the station you need is WAREHAM. The bus can't wait or deviate from it's schedule and will be in the car park the same side you get off the train, there is no need to cross the tracks. We will have Southern Lights posters in the windows but we will have to give it back to the rental agency in a decent condition!

That is about all for now, any questions, please get in touch via the ”contact” page on the website

SEE YOU ON THE FIELD smile

www.SOUTHERNLIGHTSFESTIVAL.CO.UK

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Wow!! Have just checked out the Itinerary...So glad we found the money to come this year, looks AWESOME!!
You have Tribal Belly dance!! That rocks grin grin grin
Cannot wait!!!

Are you a robot...or an alien?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
As I cannot wait to WATCH the tribal belly dance laugh3

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Lol!! Men!!

Actually, you should give it a go...hehehe wink

Are you a robot...or an alien?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I want strippers rather than belly dancers.
Female preferably.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootI want strippers rather than belly dancers.
Female preferably.

YEEEESSSSS well every year so far we have had nakedness so fingers crossed ay ;-)

addict
498 posts

Posted:
oh wow the itinerary looks awesome! cant wait cant wait!! got my ticket!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: sichaineyOriginally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootI want strippers rather than belly dancers.
Female preferably.

YEEEESSSSS well every year so far we have had nakedness so fingers crossed ay ;-)

Sandy doesn't count.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
laugh3

Page: