Forums > Meet Others > Nick from HoP looking for hoppers on travels

Login/Join to Participate

HoP_Nickstranger
10 posts

Posted:
Hello all.I've been working at hop for almost 3 years now,making toys and packing orders,and just love the community you all share(altho i haven't been very active at posting messages i do cast my eye over things from time to time)and now my time has come to fly away and hopefully meet some of you on my travels.I fly into bangkok on 29 march and am in thailand for 2 weeks,im super excited to check out the fire scene there but other than that i don't have any definite plans so would be more than open to suggestions or to meet any of you that may be living or traveling through there at the time.After thailand it's on to london and from there...where ever the wind blows me really,so really im just looking to meet any of you who might live in u.k , europe or be traveling round that part of the world throughout this year and next.I know there's alot of super amazing people in the hop community,i see the comments some of you put on the orders!

"today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration.that we are all one conciousness experiancing itself subjectively.theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."*bill hicks*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
How about you take a little back step from Bangkok and come to the Other Nick (Woolsey's) poi retreat in Bali and the end of APril? Sounds like it will be wonderful!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Looks like you'll be getting to the UK for festival season.

You should try to get to Soutern Lights ( https://www.southernlightsfestival.co.uk/
)and Play ( https://www.playfestival.co.uk/
details will go up as soon as they are confirmed).

When you've decided on a date to head over here post it up. There will be loads of opportinities to meet big groups of UK spinners.

hoffmanGOLD Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
Yes, consider Nick Woosley's Bali retreat, although I think I heard was in end of March. You may be able to catch one of the instructors who will be featured, Thomas from Sweden, who is an amazing spinner, at Koh Phangan. I ran into him there during the Chinese New Year a couple weeks back and he should still be there. I believe his handle on this site is Nevis or Nevisoul. If you ever make it to Shanghai, please look me up.

spirituality can be seen as just intiution.....

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Firedog. Nick is in Costa Rica in March....
The Bali poi retreat is 19th-24th April, followed by the Bali Spirit Festival till May 3rd. As for Thomas, I hadn't heard that he is coming to that retreat though it would be wonderful if he did, he is lovely! MEt him at in BRisbane a few times including UberOz3.

If you go to Southern lights Nick, you might meet Thomas there. he has a thread up about visiting UK and I saw some encouragement in that direction.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....