ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I have been having terrible nightmares latley... really vivid ones... where people that I love are trying to kill themselves or Arsn is being taken away from me by other people or a beautiful woman (insercurities without a doubt)
and I wake up sweating, and crying and my heart fully hurting...
I have also noticed that other people have been telling me abouttheir dreams and that they have been having heaps of nightmares latley too...
Now I understand about dreams and the concious/ subconcious implacations of dreams, but these dreams are so full on that I feel like Im really there and experiencing this pain...Its horrid...Ive even tryed meditating on them and im getting full on horrid stuff come through off them....
I had a dreams like this about 6 weeks before the Bali bombing, that told me dates of war and about bombs and what was going to happen, so Im a bit worried that these may be precognative. They are the same type of dreams and Im getting the same vibes off them...
How do I tell the difference? I dont usually ask about things like this but because they are so vivid I need to get some advice...
Thanks lil chickens

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Valura, I have precog dreams too and yah they are terrifing some times, I have good ones to though. What I have found (and I really hope this sets you at ease) is the folling:

- Remember: Always in motion the future is. Your seeing things that could happen. Not will happen.

- This is the big one. When I was younger and had a dream that came true my imangination and insecurities would run wild in my dreams. Giving the same precog feeling. But it was only my subconscious at work. For example: I had a precog dream of fire/explosion. Then when it came true I started to have other more terrifing precogs (or so I thought) of things like losing Kazeko in a horrible accedent. Things like that. But they never came true (thank the goddess). It took me a few more experiences like that to realize what was happening. My subconscious remembered exactly how that precog felt, using it to get my attention for the normal inscurities/imagination nightmares.

- or it could be canabis psycosis at work hehe in which case time to lay of the skunk for a while. (J/k Valura I'm just trying to make you laugh and lighten the moment a bit.

They will pass in time. Meditation before sleeping helps to. Like a releasing negitve and replacing it with positive exercise. Grounding and centering is a must to. Also a good romp with Arsn before bed may also be what the doctor ordered. Hope that helps.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
you've got to...

Accentuate the Positive
Elim-in-ate the Negative

Say it 10 times every hour. Also download Bing Crosby singing it off Kazaa.

don't worry about your crazy dreams. in a dream the fact that you dropped a plate this morning (or will tomorrow morning) can become a plane crash, or your house falling down, or something.

The question is, are they symptoms of stress or precognition? When the circle completes there is no difference. A mindset of stress and worry subconsciously creates disaster.

If you are getting dates and specifics, post them up here.

Personally I think laying off the skunk is a good idea at any time.

Magnus... pay it forward

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I dont smoke anything.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I think that DJ is pretty much on the mark...I thank you for giving me some serious advise.
Im not asking for a type of lighthearted look at this, Im really upset by these dreams and I really want to know what you guys think I should do?

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I used to get nightmares when I was lil...Thought when I got older they would go away, but once in a while I will have one.

The one I still remember that happened a couple years ago was just kinda odd at first.

I dreamed that I was in my house and was running with another person who I believe was female.It looked like a firehouse at first then we were running up some stairs into my bedroom (which isnt true because my house is one story). We jumped into my bed and hid under the covers. Then this is the part that felt so real to me. S.W.A.T team bust into my room and started firing semi-auto guns into my bedroom. I could hear the guns firing and could see bright flashes as if it were lightning inside my house. I froze and my body stiffened.When I woke up my breath was ragid and I was sweating bad. That is the first time I could ever remember sweating after having a nightmare.That is the main one I still remember.

My mom keeps having the same recuring nightmare.She is back out in the country where she used to live.She tells me there is a big ominous black cloud coming towards her. Soon five finger-like funnels come down and touch the earth. She takes off running away from what appears to be a multiple-vortex tornado that resembles a hand.My mom then wakes up when the hand grabs her.She then has to go check on everything and make sure everything is ok.She's had that dream for years.I don't know exactly what that means tho.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Serious advice, : ok here goes.

First examine the way you sleep. How long have the nightmares been happening? Alot of what occurs in nightmares is some memory accentuated by the human body not being comfortable while it sleeps.

Are you overheated? dehydrated:? hungry? are you uncomfortable, or sleeping on a matress that doesnt provide enough support? Not enough pillows? too much light in the room?

then examine the way in which you GO to sleep. Is your room somewhere reserved for just sleeping or other bed involved activities? Do you and arsn discuss stuff in your room? (please feel free not to answer, im just throwing up questions for you to think about here...) Do you ever fight in your room?

Basically, if your room is used for more than just sleeping (or other stuff ) then your mind recognises that this is an "active" room, so when you come in to rest, you are still in "active" mode and this translates into the form of sleep you assume.

(i really hope this makes sense, i dont know if i'm explaining myself properly....)

Lastly, if your dreams are of the concious variety (that being where you KNOW its a dream while you are still in it, and are able to some extent to alter things within the dream) then do some analysis during the dream. Take a longer look at the women/things that scare you and see if you can recognise what factors in your own life they represent??

goodluck Valura Chicken Gerbil Lady! If all else fails, call me and i shall make ye a dream catcher to catch the nasty buggers before they get to you! xoxoxxoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh thanks Flynty bubba,
I have been getting very scared of going to sleep latley... actually come to think of it I do lie in bed and talk to Arsn... but its always about my dreams and plans for the future, and the things that I hope to achieve in my life...Always positive (I seem to get very'deep'when I get all sleepy and stuff)
We hardly ever fight in the bedroom... we hardly ever fight really... But if I notice that we are getting a bit tense I tend to try to run away (fight or flight) and I move into the lounge because I dont want for any yucky energy to be floating around in our room, when Im asleep and spiritually vunerable.
The bedroom is very light at nighttime because there is a car yard that has a very bright light across the street and it reflects into our room...
I also have sleep aponea so I stop breathing during my sleep and I am always tired as it is, I am supossed to sleep with a machine that forces air down my throat so that I dont starve my brain of oxygen... So at nighttime I kinda look like Darth Vader (thank god Arsn likes star wars...lol)
I havent been using the mask because I have been really slack.. so I am making an effort to use that again now.. This condition is partly due to the brain surgery and the stress that my body is under from lack of sleep..Maybe I need to go to the dr again and get checked out...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i'd say Miss Gerbil, that is a very good idea! also, to stop being all deep and stuff and keeping an "active" brain before you sleep, rather than talk about it, write down a few short points so you can think about it more the next day?? that way you still get to talk to Arsn about it, but not when you need to be winding down...

I'd get a blanket or some extra thick curtains too, asap. Extra light can really mess with REM sleep....

xoxoxoxxxoxo you'll be fine hon, try not to project your anxieties as you are going to sleep, because its more likely to bring on the bad dreams! bit of a vicious circle really...

hey, and Valura? Brain surgery, just another thing we have in common!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
We have to talk. Yup we do. I just tryed to ring you I got so blown away. But machine picked up...
I will try again.
muah

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
eeek! cant talk now love, am at work and my phone is turned off, bah humbug....

half an hour then i'm outies, n on my way to my date! zoinks!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
bugger.
Tis all good I will call tomorrow....
BIG CHEESY GRINS

flokiGOLD Member
183 posts

Posted:
i am not an analyst ... so i really think i am not a big help. i already find it very courageous of you to talk about it just like this, knowing there is a chance people won´t take it serious. as i said : very brave ... but at the other hand you should perhaps not focus too much on these scary dreams ... certainly not before going to sleep ... just a thought ... i don´t know !

i smoke a lot of pot, so i don´t really remember my dreams. when i was in india i visited a "handreader" (?). i remember i had the strangest dreams after this visit ... was it because i didn´t smoke at the time i was there ? or perhaps the "handreader" opened something up ? i don´t know.

perhaps it is a good idea to wright everything down ... so you can start looking for connections ... when i read about the light in your room, i´d say : do something about it !

i am afraid that you will get into a circle if you don´t take care : lack of sleep, to much worrying about nasty dreams (don´t laugh with them, but don´t focus neither i would like to say, ...

do you take a particular place in these dreams ? ... perhaps a doc and medication could help (though i don´t trust too much on these, but a doc with an obiective view could perhaps give some hints where to search ...).

i really hope it will go better ... perhaps it can help on focussing just on yourself and forget everything around you ...

take care ! cross my fingers !

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
hi - besides all the things already said - you've propably found the answer yourself - get back on your o schedule
the brain does weird stuff when deprived.

as a kid i used to have exactly the same nightmare over and over and over again.
Years later i figured it was about my conception and yet years later i read a totally similar description in a book. it was really weird and now i know more about that.

the only other nightmares i've had were all sort of re-living nightmarish situations after talking to friends about them after having them bottled up for long. just fears.

hope you sleep better and more peacefully.

Why?