SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
I have watched a few video's at playpoi of nick traveling the world and poi'ing, and it seems like at the end of every one of his videos an eastern twangy meditation like music plays, I am not very good with genre descriptions, but is there a chance any of you could point me in the direction to grab some music like that?

Makes me want to poi by a giant water fountain in the middle of the desert or something... I'll see if I can't get more specific later.

None of his movies it seems have credits for the music played...

Human

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
In most of his videos, it seems like just a regular acoustic guitar sometimes with an accordion and what could be a tuba playing backing. This leads me to believe it's Eastern European, and I know that style of music has strong connections with gypsies, but as for a genre title, I don't know, but hopefully that helps you out a little.

For his world travels, it sounds kinda Indian maybe played on a sitar, I'm not sure though, but you'd definitely be able to find heaps of stuff very similar if you looked under your local music stores "world music" genre, particularly under the east Asian section.

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Sitar! That's what it is! I could not for the life of me remember! Thanks Nathaniel, you're right on with the gypsy thing as well, I'll have to check it out.

Human

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yes, it's hard to describe music in words, eh. Maybe you mean the little jew's harp /jaw harp bits? Cos Nick does credit most of his music.

Try writing directly to Nick himself. He's pretty friendly! He is Meenik here on HoP or of course you can contact him via his lovely site, Playpoi

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....