• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...4344454647...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

CoOks
BRONZE Member since Oct 2006

Total posts: 21
Posted:fyrespirit: you seem quite experimented wink

Who needs boys, when there's pois?

Delete

BansheeCat
BRONZE Member since Jul 2005

veteran

Total posts: 1247
Posted:*** warning --use any and all advice at your own risk-- keeping in mind at the moment I am a mad, preposterous, "multiple" woman, with no one current "steady" partner. If that is what you want, maybe try the opposite of everything I say? wink But I am happy, so that has to count for something, right?And I was married for the majority of my adult life, so I do have some experience there, also. But, add a grain of salt, or maybe a shaker...lol***

I usually just consider it a good screening mechanism if they dont call, obviously they are not the right person... The right person will definately call. So I never angst about that shite. Let it go.

When you meet someone, try not to project anything in to the future. Stay in the moment, enjoy it, and then you wont be disappointed if a fantasy version of future reality does not manifest. I find a relationship works better if I let it unravel moment by moment in an unpredetermined fashion. The ones that " fail" are the ones I did not give enough room to unfold as they will... whether that leads you together or apart.

I think communication is the key to the not cheating bit, and trusting your instincts about the nature of the person you are with. Well, trusting intincts- after you have unearthed them, developed them and seperated your true thoughts from hormonal infatuation...! Hmn. Maybe not so easy!

People will never be faithful if that is not what they want to do. If a guy feels like he is sacrificing or missing out on something, it is only a matter of time until he will cheat or leave.So chose carefully, and communicate clearly and about desires , limitations and expectations.

On a lighter note, try pie. yes, Pie! A secret weapon for which no man has adequate defense. I have three, not one but three!!! *gorgeous* men coming to my place tonight, all cause I am making homemade pies...

Who knew?

*Well, I guess my mother did, but for some reason I never beleived her. Odd...*

Good luck!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

ickleMatt

ickleMatt

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted:B4gg3r I seem to be able to pick them at the moment frown

Went out with *another* woman who, it turns out, is seeing someone else and is only intested in friendship. I can't be communicating very well...

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Total posts: 4728
Posted: Written by: CoOks

fyrespirit: you seem quite experimented wink

Umm..well...40 and never any complaints in the lovin' department. redface wink

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
SILVER Member since May 2006

the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving

Total posts: 1286
Posted:i've had a few holidays to vienna coOks. my brother lived there for 5 years or so. spent most of my holidays there at the schweizerhaus at prater. what a place!

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:Aight.

So I don't need boys.

I just went on a run.

Excercise is all I need.

Such a high!

yes, I think that's a sign of pretending I don't care to try and convince myself redface

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:Amen to what Andrea said... communication IS the key.

My last boyfriend didn't understand that I needed more freedom than he could or would give me. So we had arguments about it all the time, like when I wanted to spend an evening or even a night (!) on my own just to have some time to breathe... I don't know, I always felt I was telling him but he wouldn't want to understand it, but maybe I just should've pulled the safety line much earlier and said "there's no way I'm going to be happy like this".

Right now I'm with Andrea in the multiples department, and while it's not what I want to do forever it's right for me now. And I'm completely honest about it to the boys and they seem to be happy. biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

CoOks

Posted:bansheecat: i guess that s my problem: I am desperatly in need of someone i can be happy with but not on a friendly level and I guess DO make plans, but its so hard for me not to do them frown
Now that I have been cheated on I am looking even more desperately for someone and am even more vulnerable, so if the next thing doesnt work I am going to be devastated frown

pie, huh? I am not really willing to cook something for a guy, its maybe a bit overreacting but i would have the feeling to be subordinate to him, and I couldnot stand that redface
and Birgit, concerning the multiple departement, i served my time, no more for me thanks smile

Delete

Noddy

Noddy

Toe Poking Bad Boy

Total posts: 2865
Posted:Finally not single!!

its been a while......ubblol

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Delete

CoOks

Posted:idancelikeapenguinme: well i hope you are coming soon again to vienna smile
then we could fire the place a bit up because unluckily there are not many fire twirlers here frown

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:oi! no gloating! go on! git oudda here!

Delete

Noddy

Noddy

Toe Poking Bad Boy

Total posts: 2865
Posted:sorry Miss Dragon

*scampers away*

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
SILVER Member since May 2006

the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving

Total posts: 1286
Posted:my brother doesn't live in vienna anymore, but i'd love to go there again. it'd have to be in summer though, so that prater would be open! damn i love the schweizerhaus. budvar on tap, salty radish and pigs legs cooked to perfection...what more could a guy ask for?...well, maybe a girl or guy to go with it all would be nice!

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:I like the parks in vienna. green! green! oh, and that bar along the river. don't remember what it was called though. I think they've blocked off the river bank now though so you can't just chill there with your own beer, you have to buy it from them. meanies.

Delete

Pogo69
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness

Total posts: 3764
Posted:you should write a book, rougie...

"the rough guide to the world"

subtitle: around the world in 80 bars...

wink hug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:Doc Lightning should write one too... rolleyes

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Circus Midget
SILVER Member since May 2005

Circus Midget

Total posts: 45
Posted:Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:a little gem I found...

http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

CoOks

Posted:well... I could go with you wink Its been quite a while I havent been to the schweizerhaus. The prater is also perfect to do pois because there are a lot of green areas and squares smile

Delete

BansheeCat
BRONZE Member since Jul 2005

veteran

Total posts: 1247
Posted:Cooks, if you are feeling "desperate" for a relationship, that is exactly the wrong time to start one!! If you do, will very likely attract the wrong people. Or the right one in the sense of teaching you more lessons , but not in the sense of peace and happiness...

Take Rougies example, and exercise for the high, have friends for the loneliness and play time, and work on getting comfortable enough with yourself and your time that you are not desperate for anything... Happiness will attract happy people, etc etc. Be and live the example of who you want. Need does not work so well in relationships , too stressfull and full of expectations.

**If you know who and what you are , and are comfortable with that, you can make pie for anyone, any time. And simply enjoy it together!

We all had a brilliant night eating pumpkin pie, playing in the web, drumming and spinning fire...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

CoOks

Posted:I guess you are right... I am trying so hard to forget how wounded I am by going from desastrous "relationship" to another. I have to slow down a bit and take time for myself.

So basically what you are saying, when I am ready to make pie for a guy, I will be ready for a relationship and know who I am biggrin

thanks so much, your advice is really enlightning and comforting at one time, that isnt usual smile
hug

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted: Written by: Circus Midget

Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

well if you include the "lets-guys-become-her-mate-and-is-therefore-only-ever-a-"good mate"-or-"one of the boys"" into that type then i'm in!

deal?

and Pogo - sounds like a great idea for a project when ive finished uni! OH YEAH!!!! beerchug

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286

Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

Yeah I've had that happen in the past frown It sucks.. I'll dig up a VERY excellent quote on that I found in Bash.org:

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Circus Midget

Circus Midget

Posted:I know your pain! hug

I think we're made for each othe Rougie! ubblove

I think the solution must be to NOT let anyone who ur attracted to become your friend. Just poke them with a stick 'till they go away, then ask em out! rolleyes

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:*snuggles mike*

Brenn, i've heard that before! I think it's soooo true! From both points of view!

however i do have a tendency to develop crushes on friends...or maybe develop friends from crushes...i'm totally not sure which...shrug

*has a feeling a lot of guys are going to want to be my friend now*

ubblol

Delete

ickleMatt

ickleMatt

enthusiast

Total posts: 242

confused

Yup that'll be me as well frown Wasted a whole year on something like that frown

Delete

Circus Midget

Circus Midget

Posted:*pokes rouge with a stick*

There needs to be a class in school to deal with these kinda things. Learning not to declare your undying devotion to your closest friends would be much more useful than say.. Algebra.

Live 'n learn I guess.

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:for sure! like algebra is useful in the real world!!

Delete

poig

poig

marmite and nutella sandwich

Total posts: 1590
Posted: Written by: ickleMatt

Written by: Circus Midget

confused

Yup that'll be me as well frown Wasted a whole year on something like that frown

Yep, that's sorta me

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Delete

Sezzie
SILVER Member since Sep 2006

Sezzie

journeyman

Total posts: 54
Posted:So I'm wondering is anyone really happy being a singleton?
I used to claim to be, but that was before I'd really had a proper relationship (I was a late starter) and because I didn't want anyone else to know that I cared!!

Now I just depress myself by watching films where fate always plays the right hand and everyone meets their soul mate and lives happily ever after!! Why oh why do I do that? I just watched my sister get married and I've never seen her look so happy! i just wonder sometimes whether that'll ever be me!!

Sorry just watched another sappy romantic film and am feeling unloved and unwanted! redface

Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it!

Delete

Page: 1...4344454647...145