Forums > Social Chat > Beaming balls are on there WAY

Login/Join to Participate

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Yipeeeeeeeee...my Beamers are on there way to my House.... And Yes i have a mouth guard and a helment and a box for all of my protection... i know im going to look very stupid but...what the hect i don;t need this PPE (Personal Protective Euipment.

Loki

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:

helmet is essential for beamers unless you want very large cranial modifications.

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Beamers are very dangerous! I mean you need full body suit if you don't want to get a massive bruise that stays for months!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Remember,it's not a question of if, but when.
I bust my bottom lip before and the cut inside my mouth actually pieced to the outside and I was bleeding down my face. They're still my favourites though

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo - another brave soul takes the risk and buys some Beamers.

In some ways, if you're seriously wearing that much protection you'll end up hitting yourself more as you can't move properly...

I just wear my old shin/knee pads from my mountain biking days under my trousers (to stop you looking daft) which means you can do leg wraps without praying every time. Also, it's really the only place I hit myself nowadays - it's like fire, if you're scared of them, chances are they WILL hit you. If you relax and spin as you would normally, you SHOULD be fine.

Keep the Arnica/Witchazel handy though

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Checklist:

kneepads
shinpads
steelcapped boots
box
body armour
neck brace
gumshield
saftey goggles
ear protectors
gloves
wrist guards
elbow pads
a plaster...
full face helmet

that about covers it.

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
Hey THANX guys for all of your concerons (Nathdaninja, Pink Poi, DeepSoulSheep, Durbs, The Untied Chins Of Fur) But i THINK I should be alright...mind you i know it will hurt once i hit myself ...like i said before i do have safety gear...like TUCOF gave me the list that i need

kneepads=yes
shinpads=yes
steelcapped boots=yes
box=yes
body armour=no
neck brace=yes
gumshield=no..but i have a mouth guard
saftey goggles=yes
ear protectors=yes
gloves=yes
wrist guards=no
elbow pads=yes
a plaster...=haha
full face helmet=hell no

So i gather that should cover it

Loki

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I borrowed Ade's beamers once. I managed to hit myself in the back of the head with both of them at the same time, synchronised move, very smooth. It explains a lot.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
hell yeah dude your going to love them.
i do even when the batteries run out put them under a black light and there even kooler,they
leave a stutter trail of orange.
beaming poi a.k.a.(concussion balls)

wazzzzzzzzup all im sundance from san antonio i dont know alot of you but i hope to get to know you better on here if your in san antonio write me a i.m. laters.........sundance

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Once upon a time, at Summer spinning, Frostypoi was using his beamers doing double threading of the proverbial needle, when suddenly he ****ed up. the right hand one came round and twatted him full speed in the temple.

sufice it to say he saw purple for the rest of the day.

that was funny.

erm...

i have managed to hit myself with both beamers on opposite sides of the head at the same time.,..that was also funny.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Loki - It's fine thanking us for all our concern, just dont come back to us blaiming us for not warning you about their pain!

I once managed to wack myself in the knee with one, my knee was swollen for the rest of the day, and i had a nice purple (not pink ) bruise for a month!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
Guess...guess...guess what THEY ARE HERE....YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Time to count all the cuts, bruises, bumps, lumps

Im so happy...I wake up this morning walk outside to get the mail...and there it was a package from Malcolm(Home of poi). I pick it up have a feel...then quickly opened it up and there they are######MY BRAND NEW BEAMERS######

I ran inside mummy, mummy, mummy LOOK at what i got

Back to the real world...MY BEAMERS ARE HERE...Thanx Malcolm

Loki

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
ooooohhhhh mine are on their way too!!!!!!!!

Love the tracking system, I know they are with the courier right now!!!!! I think I am going to bust.....

.....or is that what happens after I start playing with them lol?!

I'm so excited & scared at the same time

Are you still in one piece Loki?

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
YES still in one piece...wait.....i can't feel me legs NOOOOOOOO... just joking....im still all right bu tmy friend last hit his leg...it was funny

He drop down like some-one shot him or something

Anyway back to play with my beamers

Mozy

P.S this is my new name

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
I'VE GOT EM! I'VE GOT EM!

my precious husband was still home when they arrived so he has bought them into work for me!!!!

going outside now to play, yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
good one plantgirlllllllll - are you coming on Saturday to friendly flames? If you are - bring them with you!

I love my beamers....

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Yum! How tasty are they?!?!?! Thank you Malcolm!!!

Ade, there's nothing more I would like than to attend on Saturday, will be doing my utmost to attend, hope I see you there. I will bring them of course!

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
Yay, im getting some beamers in the morning!!

I just smashed my nose up with my electroglo poi, ouch....

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Ive been thinking about sending for beamers for over a year or more but have been put off by all the *Warnings* ive read in the past YES im just a big chicken!!! I would love to buy a set of the aerotech glopoi or glometeors see https://www.globall.com/default.aspx
but they are madly expensive!! I have put them on my *wish list* for my 30th this year. I saw P.K with a set he was trialing for the company last year and they are excellent.

IN THE MEANTIME A QUESTION:
which hurt more, electraglo poi or beamers????

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Angie:
IN THE MEANTIME A QUESTION:
which hurt more, electraglo poi or beamers????

My beamers didnt arrive today ,so it has to be electroglo!! My poor nose is cut, sob..Still, if i had hit it with beamers it would be flat.....

Im also 30 this year, Angie!!
Happy birthday to you whenever it is..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Watch out for the stealth attack you don't see coming. I.E. the one where you're doing butterfly type moves and they hit of each other at exactly 45 degrees and the nearest one shoots into your face. Very cool when caught of camera.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
Happy birthday to both of you...(When the time comes) Well i haven't stop playing with my beamers since i got...three days straight...oh no, im going to have nightmeares of beamers...LOL it's ALL good. Truthfuly i haven't hit myself YET ...(Should i underline that)

Anyway...im sorry but i can't really compare the two cause beamers are my first glow poi.

Im sure it will be alright if you get the beamers...they don't Hurt

Well have to go and do some more posts and then back outside to My Precious Beamers

Mozy

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
Wow, beamers are absolutely wicked!! I got them today and there amazing!!

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
I want some!! but in the meantime wanted to make poi with acrylic contact balls??? i was kind of worrird about them.... will they be as bad?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
Not to sure bro. I haven't really tried on making my own gear apart from my staff. so i can't really help you there.

GUESS WHAT. I hit myslf today not bad tho...it was only across my shoulder. OHHH well it was bound to happen but it hasn't stopped me from playing with them

On a good note...All the people in Cairns love them

Mozy

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
heh acrylic balls will murder you. They are certainly worse then beaming poi. Have you ever felt how heavy acrylic is? it's like a rock and it's hard. The stuff doesn't chip when you drop it
on concrete, multiple times.