Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I just degaussed my moniter and DAMN....that was nice.

It had been so long since I've degaussed a moniter i had almost forgot about it. It is just so serene and great and really lets you step back and observe life.

So when things get a bit hectic just a take a moment and reach for that menu button.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*BLINK*

..wobble wobble wobble..

Makes me sad I'm on a laptop frown

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PojeI just degaussed my moniter and DAMN....that was nice.

It had been so long since I've degaussed a moniter i had almost forgot about it. It is just so serene and great and really lets you step back and observe life.

So when things get a bit hectic just a take a moment and reach for that menu button.

confused

say what?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
https://www.wikihow.com/Degauss-a-Computer-Monitor

Who needs degaussing when you've got LCD? grin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
is this the thing to do when your computer screen picture wobbles sometimes when you put it on? or is the next step to buy a new screen?

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
usually the moniter degausses when its turned on...witch makes the screen wobble and gives a distictive sound....but you cxan also degauss manually from the options.....oh so satisfying

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I miss degaussing. The best part about it was the "dwoing!"

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
no, I mean an actual wobble-like flickering of the screen image that can last anything from 5 seconds to a few minutes to sometimes more...

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
If I ever own a computer company (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *wipes tear from eye*) I'll include a degauss function on all flat-screen monitors, even if there is no gauss to de. I'll even program the screen to do the blink-wobble-wobble-wobble and the speakers to "dwoing" complete with that ultrasonic noise.

Which is probably one of a great many reasons why I'll never own a computer company.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I for one am suprised that they don't add that feature on all TV and moniters already. /shrug

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
I am surprised they still sell them wink

Human