Page:
stephani_calovichBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I made an order on December 16th that I had to cancel for the amount of 57.49 USD. I got a notice confirming the cancellation and HOP will not refund my money!! Do not do business with this company!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm sure that there's a perfacly rational explanation for this.

Get in touch with Malcolm on the forum or email the store and I'm sure they'll help you sort this out.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
:ditto:

info@homeofpoi.com

Get in touch, they'll help you out.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I have never had a problem with HOP in the past. I'm also sure that there is a rational explanation for this or it could be a mistake those happen you know, not every one is perfect all the time.

Have you even contacted them to let them know that something is not right? If not then i think it is highly unfair to come on here and whine about it. How do you know it is even their fault it could be hundreds of things, including your bank.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I find it highly ironic that you use a HoP funded discussion borad to moan about HoP and to tell me not to do business with them no

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I prefer to giggle at the fact that Ade thinks it's aimed at her personally grin hug

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
giggling is much better than pointing fingers all over the shop smile yes laugh3

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Well, maybe she'll come back to apologise?!

smile

Getting to the other side smile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I doubt it.

Some people find it so much easier to moan than apologise

To anyone reading this thread who is not familiar with HoP and the online shop - please note that I and thousands of others have had no problem with the online shop, and I personally have spent a good couple of hundred GBP with no faults in payment, timely delivery, standard of product or customer service.

HoP products Rock!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
best customer service i've encountered...online or off.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
:ditto:

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Maybe she's embarrassed now, cuz she doesn't know how to spell 'thieves'... rolleyes

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: =Flashpoint=HoP products Rock! You're not thinking of Weebles are you?

Originally Posted By: Bek66Maybe she's embarrassed now, cuz she doesn't know how to spell 'thieves'...See that's why I came in in the first place.
Then I noticed that Ade had spelt board wrong and I got trapped in an ethics quandry... Then I remembered I'm not allowed to pick on people for their spelling (lest Stropernicus has another of his "episodes" rolleyes).

So i sought solace in the Land of Gigglement grin

Meh

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
remember kids i before e except after c

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
there is no "c" in thieves tongue2

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Well, we can forgive Ade...her mis-spelling was in a post and probably just a lil typo...but mis-spelling in a thread title is a bit different...

Oh...and Happy Birthday, Cantus...bring me some cake!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Bek, is that attitude really needed?

So, someone has a complaint about the shop. Granted, they went about complaining in the wrong way, but anyway, because of this, they're a bit sceptical about this place. to top it all off, the community members are bullying her for making a spelling mistake, all because she wrote a topic that they didn't like...

Nice way to welcome people.

frown

I wouldn't be surprised if she ever came back.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
LTC's only cross because that's how he'd spell it too wink hug

Meh

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't catch me spelling things wrong, Catnuts... wink

Happy Birthday Dude. Coming to Bristol anytime soon?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Learning_To_CookBek, is that attitude really needed?

So, someone has a complaint about the shop. Granted, they went about complaining in the wrong way, but anyway, because of this, they're a bit sceptical about this place. to top it all off, the community members are bullying her for making a spelling mistake, all because she wrote a topic that they didn't like...

frown

I seriously doubt she'll be coming back, anyhow...but yes, I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi...typos, I can understand, but blatant mis-spellings drive me nuts!!! Internet slang makes me want to axe-murder someone...and if I make a mistake, it makes me even crazier!!! My grammar may not be perfect, but I ALWAYS try to proof-read what I write to make sure I haven't made any dumb mistakes.

If the tone of the post had not been so antagonistic and childish, I'd not have said a word, but when someone slanders people that I consider to be my friends, I can become one majour hell-cat!!!

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
yay for spelling things wrong!

sorry bek and cantus smile avert your eyes now smile

I used to be very uptight about language and being pedantic about it's use...however, since learning old english and discovering that language is constantly undergoing change and evolution, it has never been a stagnant language.

In days of yore, often there were multiple spellings for the same word with many discusions ensuing about how it should be spelt, people still understood each other.

The dictionary tried to be the authority on all that - and the politics behind the construction of the OED are ridiculous to say the lest eek

so, I say, as long as we can understand each other, put your i's and your e's where you like - I do!

soapbox sunny

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Learning_To_CookBek, is that attitude really needed?

frown

I agree.

hug

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
>Nice way to welcome people.
Yeah and she made her best efforts to make friends with us too????

>I wouldn't be surprised if she ever came back.
I wouldn't be surprised if she came back even if people didn't insult her spelling. By the sound and attitude of her post.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well, I for one, hopes she comes back, and uses all the free tutorials and board options without needing to put her CC in.

Lots of stuff here to look at, and no need to post again, but just be satisfied with the service... smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Bek66
...but yes, I'm a bit of a spelling Nazi...typos, I can understand, but blatant mis-spellings drive me nuts!!! Internet slang makes me want to axe-murder someone...

Uv gotta relax no need 2 get ir8 abot it net slang makez u luk kewl n all da girlz will luv u 4eva if u do it on dier myspace payge. roflmao.

I used to be a member of The Third Reich of spelling and grammar too, but eventually I got tired and overrun of and by the vast majority of people on the internet. After a lot of thinking, I realised that many of the people on the internet may not have perfect English because the majority of the world doesn't speak it as a first language, people born after 1993 included.

If it still bothers you, transform that negative feeling into something positive, like an affirmation of your own sense of intellectual superiority,

Remember, in a flame war, everybody gets burnt.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: NathanielEverist
Remember, in a flame war, everybody gets burnt.

Your second comma is blatantly unnecessary.

hug

enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
It's necessary for dramatic effect. Imagine a presidential-like figure saying that, pausing at each comma... deliciously cinematic.

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
An ellipses is the way to create such glorious paramounts of... unrelenting pleasure.

hug

enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
An ellipses is maybe a little too dramatic for me, if I was the president though, preaching to the masses, I would say it like this:

"...In; a flame, war... everybody, gets;;;;;;; buuuuurrrnt."

*crowd stands to applause, grown men are weeping and flashbulbs give 30% of the audience skin cancer (even though flashbulbs don't emit UV, that's just how intense the speech would be)*

Oh yeah, and I actually got a shiver down my spine at that "unrelenting pleasure" line, that's the effect grammar can have.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonOriginally Posted By: Learning_To_CookBek, is that attitude really needed?

frown

I agree.

Oh hush. Ed's only being like that 'cos she's a girl wink

Seriously though, yeah... no wonder HoP is becoming more inactive. :S

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MikefromGlosremember kids i before e except after c

Spelling isn't a sceince though.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Page: