• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...8687888990...99
ataxia
ataxia

Total posts: 172
Posted:Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Delete Topic

myco
myco

Total posts: 2084
Posted:i swear i'll be there this week, after so many weeks of saying i'll come, then being a no show redface

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Total posts: 74
Posted:yeah i'll rock up.
I asked in the appropriate thread but noone ever answered me. Are the wednesday meets still happening?
Lovo

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Posted:I guess not... frown
Who's coming on this Sunday? I'm bringing my auntie who's just come over from El Salvador in Central America. Hope there are a lot of you!
Merry Christmas!
Lovo

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Total posts: 1489
Posted:I'll be showing up, fully decked out with fire equipment. My sister'll probably come along too, with her diablo.

Kupo!

Delete

myco
myco

Posted:Originally Posted By: mycoi swear i'll be there this week, after so many weeks of saying i'll come, then being a no show redface
um...i lied, sorry.

Regarding whether wednesday's are still going, I haven't been to wednesday nights for a long time, and the past couple of times i have been they were pretty dead. It was always a nice combo of drumming and twirling, but then the local council cracked down after noise complaints, and introduced a new by law saying no noise making devices after 10pm (this is the story i was told anyway). Since wednesdays really only kicked off after 9ish anyway, a lot of the drummers were discouraged, which then discouraged the twirlers, and in combo with winter then setting in, the whole thing seemed to die in the arse. I'm not sure if it's started recovering now that the weather's warmer.

This said, I haven't gone into the park to see if this is still the case, and my info's based on a lot of hearsay, so i'd love for someone to prove me wrong. Anyone else know anything about the status of wednesday twirling?

hmmm...that was a long reply.

As always, I have full intentions of coming this sunday, but that may not mean i'll be there.

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
Total posts: 3286
Posted:Will be skedaddling to Confest this Sunday. Will return in early January.

Hope you've all had a good Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! smile

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Posted:Thank you for that myco! That gives me some info to work on at least!
Damn juggleart is closed so i can't replenish my firewater supply. I'm going to have to use kero... :-(
I hope to see you all there!

- unknown

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Posted:Last night was fun! My auntie enjoyed it, thanks guys! Good to meet some more of you too!

- unknown

Delete

ezz
ezz

moo..
Total posts: 1899
Posted:next week I MUST be there..I've been so lazy and occasionally busy. bah!

hug me!

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:yeah, ill most definetely be there this sunday smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Posted:I won't be able to make it this Sunday, and probably not the next. But definately after that I'm there! Happy New Years everyone!

- unknown

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:Last Sunday was pretty good. Will be there for the first of the year!

Kupo!

Delete

Noiseyflower
Noiseyflower

Yell and scream all you like
Total posts: 53
Posted:Originally Posted By: ataxiaSummer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.
wow... I didnt know that park actually had a name... We (i and friends) always just calle dit 3 palms. =] I wonder why tongue2

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Total posts: 2418
Posted:I should be there. Everyone should bring poi, not staves.
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1230977368)
EDIT_REASON: Poi

hug

Delete

ella_z84
stranger

Total posts: 2
Posted:Hey a shop called Juggleart at 1 Mater Street Collingwood has good poi stuf, as well as homeofpoi of course, also sunday afternoons in the park across from the arts centre in the city is a good start, as I remember twirlers gathered there. And a friend of mine is running workshops in Brunswick soon that Ill hopefully go back to, her name is Josie and she really is an excellent teacher and heaps of fun! The email is poiclass@gmail.com. Good Luck!

Delete

ella_z84
stranger

Total posts: 2
Posted:Oh I think that I posted that in the wrong forum... ooops! ANyway as far as Wednesday in edinburgh gardens go I have been a few times with some friends and we have been the only peops there, I dont know if that has to do with Winter, but it looks like it has died in the arse. Which is a real shame as that tradition had been going on for ten years or more : (

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Posted:Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonEveryone should bring poi, not staves.

Everybody can bring whatever they like.

Including but not limited to: Poi, staves, flags, fans, swords, cows, sheep, crayons, juggling balls, meteor, meat, rope dart, juggling clubs, clubbling jugs, Ray Charles, and spinning plates.

Savvy? grin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Posted:sorry to be full of lies again.. i decided to bugger off to inverloch for a few days and only just got back an hour ago (its now 8:10pm sunday)

maybe next week smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Delete

ezz
ezz

moo..
Total posts: 1899
Posted:cry I miss you my petey! tonight was good too.

hug me!

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Posted:bugger.. oh well, next sunday it is then..

i have super-secret intell that brett and lou should be in melbourne for a speedy visit this weekend.. so they *may* be here this sunday.. but i could be wrong.. smile

hug

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Posted:I had fun! I got to teach and stuff, so I was happy. Thanks to those that brought along poi and an eagerness to learn, I got a kick out of it. I was occupied pretty well the whole night with either teaching or learning, so that was awesome. Probably along next week unless something comes up.

hug

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:I'm covering for someone at work this coming Sunday so I won't be there frown

Kupo!

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Posted:Originally Posted By: BrennOriginally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonEveryone should bring poi, not staves.

Everybody can bring whatever they like.

Including but not limited to: Poi, staves, flags, fans, swords, cows, sheep, crayons, juggling balls, meteor, meat, rope dart, juggling clubs, clubbling jugs, Ray Charles, and spinning plates.

Savvy? grin

This is true, but I unashamedly want more people to play with.

You should bring one "Brenn" along, though as well as a life size Ray Charles. Perhaps Louie Armstrong and Neil Young would be good too! Or just bring yourself. tongue2

hug

Delete

Galadriel_3_2000
Galadriel_3_2000

journeyman
Total posts: 59
Posted:Hey, I need to get off my toosh and get back into spinning. I'll see if I can stay motivated till Sunday. I miss everyone, I've been very bad in my laziness... shocked

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Posted:Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_Son

This is true, but I unashamedly want more people to play with.

You should bring one "Brenn" along, though as well as a life size Ray Charles. Perhaps Louie Armstrong and Neil Young would be good too! Or just bring yourself. tongue2

I don't have a Neil Young but I do have Neil from The Young Ones:

Non-Https Image Link

Will this do?

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:The.... heck.... ?

Kupo!

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Posted:Originally Posted By: Brenn
I don't have a Neil Young but I do have Neil from The Young Ones:

Will this do?

If he brings that big ol friend of his, he's more than welcome. tongue2

hug

Delete

myco
myco

Posted:awesome Brenn, definitely bring Neil.

It looks like a lot of interstaters and old schoolers will be coming tonight...woo hoo! we'll be there with our leftover party food. It tastes better than it sounds, promise smile

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Posted:Busy tonight, sorry. Should be making it down next week though.

Have a swell time hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Lovo
Lovo

Lord and Master
Posted:Hey Guys!
Finally back in Melbourne. If I'm awake I should make it tonight. Just had a fantastic 2 weeks away. Love you all!
Lovo

- unknown

Delete

Page: 1...8687888990...99