Have a look at this!!!!

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=700367

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
it's disappointing that natural selection hasn't prevented people like that from breeding...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: By ninemsn staffThe Campbells, who are both unemployed due to alleged disabilities, deny they are damaging their children or setting them up for harassment at school.

Natural selection and as such human evolution is at a standstill because of the welfare system.

I'm hardly saying "Toss the welfare system" but its an observation all the same.

Whats going to happen when they get into a school is going to be what I fear... with a name like "Joycelyn Aryan Nation" its not as though Mr. Campbell believes as he claims...

Originally Posted By: Mr. CampbellYeah, they [Nazis] were bad people back then but my kids are little — they're not going to grow up like that.

hug

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
I always find it hilarious when white supremecists are on the welfare system. To bad these ones have children they insist on branding with their nonsense.

The less people know the more they believe

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Checking out the legalities of being deprived cake Lex?
Does fatty-watty need some pie?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pogo69it's disappointing that natural selection hasn't prevented people like that from breeding...

Which ones? The parents or those boofheads who actually registered the names for the children... umm

wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_Son
Natural selection and as such human evolution is at a standstill because of the welfare system

there's many more reasons than welfare being the cause of a standstill. i can think of many cases of people that are gainfully employed that shouldn't be allowed to pro-create. i can also think of people that are born of welfare parent's that i am glad exist in this world.

natural selection being at a standstill has more to do with premature babies being able to be kept alive, baby monitors that warn parents when babies stop breathing and all the other medical technology that can keep alive people that previously would have been too weak to survive.

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
The fact that Wall-Mart has offered to make the cake makes me smirk to myself a little bit.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomOriginally Posted By: Pogo69it's disappointing that natural selection hasn't prevented people like that from breeding...

Which ones? The parents or those boofheads who actually registered the names for the children... umm

wink

*chuckle* ... excellent point... tongue2

Originally Posted By: simta
natural selection being at a standstill has more to do with premature babies being able to be kept alive, baby monitors that warn parents when babies stop breathing and all the other medical technology that can keep alive people that previously would have been too weak to survive.

couldn't agree more... I can tend to come across as a lil bit of a neo-luddite regarding the perils of modern technology, but let's face it; we keep more and more people alive, that once would not have survived, and we keep them alive for longer and longer; but it does very little to improve anyone's quality of life. *polishes caveman badge*

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i don't think giving the finger to natural selection through technology is a bad thing. i've got friends who wouldn't be here if it wasn't for medical advances in saving premature babies.

what i do have a problem with is the ridiculous obsession with cleanliness in things that don't really need it. obviously hospitals should be as clean as possible, but parents who get freaked if their kid gets muddy is just wrong.

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
ye, I agree that on an individual basis, the advent of assisted reproductive technologies for responsible prospective parents, who would otherwise be unable to reproduce, is a positive thing. but that doesn't mean that it's doing the human race or the world, any favours; one thing we do not have a problem with, as a race, is reproducing. in fact, we're already doing **WAY** too much of it.

but ditto on the obsessive hygiene thing; that doesn't just extend to the physical, either. modern, western society is becoming rapidly more obsessed with "protecting" children from negative physical, mental and spiritual influences; so, how are they to build any kind of defense mechanisms?

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: simtathere's many more reasons than welfare being the cause of a standstill. i can think of many cases of people that are gainfully employed that shouldn't be allowed to pro-create.

To me that just is sending evolution in a different direction, especially when you start noting who is successful and who is not.

People with physical beauty...

People with low ethical standards.

Often enough it is people with higher intelligence, but rarely do we nurture compassion, selflessness and awareness.

In the west it seems to be the opposite. Ignore the plight of those overseas, even fear them.

hug

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
I saw this and wished I could just smack the bejeebers out of these parents! Do they actually think these names are not going to cause problems for their children once they start school? It won't be just teasing, either. They'll be lucky if they live to make it thru to adulthood.

Some people are just plain stupid, but the laws here do give you the right to name your child whatever you wish. There are exceptions, such as, no numbers, unless it's at the end of a name, such as II, III, etc. No symbols for names and things such as that, but as long as it's a valid name, you're allowed to name your child as you see fit.

The only other exceptions that I know of are that some states make you give the child your husband's name if you're still legally married. I wanted to give my son my maiden name, but because I was still married at the time, I had to give him my husband's name...even tho he was not his real father. If I'd been one of these idiots like the parents in this story, I'd have named him Killer Liller, just to #&%$ with them! Might as well, cuz that's basically the moniker they've labeled their children with.

And I want to know how anyone can deny the existence of the holocaust? It's historical fact, all the way down to the pictures and films that were made at the time.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt, folks!!!

Ignorance just runs rampant, doesn't it?

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogThe fact that Wall-Mart has offered to make the cake makes me smirk to myself a little bit.

Like I needed ANOTHER reason to boycott Wal-Mart?

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
A link dropped from [Old link] thread might be appropriate... NZ Judge orders 'odd' name change.

hug

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
laugh3 at Durbs, its so typical that your fat little brain came up with something like that... (btw have you got any pie you can send me??) wink

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
yep yep, so glad names can be refused registration in australia.

the irreparable harm those stupid parents are going to cause to their children by giving them those names is akin to abuse. its like putting your child in a tiger pit and telling the tigers to play nice.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: simtai don't think giving the finger to natural selection through technology is a bad thing. i've got friends who wouldn't be here if it wasn't for medical advances in saving premature babies.

And a girlfriend whos here because of it wink

I just feel so sorry for the children..theres nothing that can be done to help them until they are old enough to change their own names frown

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
"And I want to know how anyone can deny the existence of the holocaust? It's historical fact, all the way down to the pictures and films that were made at the time."

A good documentary on the subject of why nazi's believe the crazy things they do (like the holocaust is a fabrication) is blood in the face, the title is derived from a skin head belief that black people don't blush because they have no blood in their face...

Anyways, the documentary just lets scores of various white supremecist types talk and makes no attempt at contention, it just lets them feel confident in blathering their beliefs onto film, and it becomes quickly obvious most of these people derive their beliefs from heresay or just contrive them out of thin air. It's the most powerful piece film makeing agaisnt racists I have ever seen, and they do all the work to shoot themselves down.

The really dangerous ones are the ones who are well educated and intelligent, but I honestly don't think any of them truely believe the holocaust never happened, takeing a position of denial is just a convinient position for them to backup their rhetoric.

The less people know the more they believe

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
"You don't see grisly bears mating with other animals"
Wow....just wow......

Let my words, dear friends, be treasures. Weightless golden butterflies that hang before your eyes for seconds, then are gone. But the dust of truth and beauty that their wingbeats leave behind will settle on your soul and make you happy. - Edward Monkton

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Actually, Railspinner, I'd prefer not to watch things like that...it would just make me want to jerk the idiots out thru the screen and smack 'em silly...it's amazing what some people will come up with to justify hatred.

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I wondered how long it would be for this to hit these boards. Took longer than I thought it would. tongue2

The parents are losers. This we've determined. If we haven't, let's examine that the child in question has a freakin' mullet. That is child abuse no matter where you go.

I don't think anyone should have the right to tell me what to name my kids. I don't think parents should use the childrens names as a venting ground for their personal beliefs or as a statement for how creative and unique they (the parents) are.
(side note: my friends and I "collect" stupidly odd made up names and have huge laughs, while feeling bad for the children. Isn't that the point of birthing announcements?)

Anyway...The store was MASSIVELY stupid in this one.
Yes, they have the right to refuse service but for legitimate reasons, them not liking a name, not legitimate.
It's a name.
That's all.
They weren't holding a party in memorial of "the" Adolf, it was a child. It's just a name, and a name can only have the power we give it.
By refusing service to the family, they gave them *alot* of power, and the 15 minutes of fame that the degenerate parents obviously wanted. How the store could have not seen this coming is a mystery.

If I lived in the community I would have made the kid the cake, because I think kids should get a birthday cake, but mostly just to shut them up. Not that it would have stopped them. Southern, US white supremists don't go quietly...ever. I can't speak for any others, I don't know any others.

After looking at photos of the children, they need some food anyway since the 'rents are prolly selling what they get for cigs and guns and their big black boots with red laces *shivers at the thought*.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PeleI wondered how long it would be for this to hit these boards. Took longer than I thought it would. tongue2

To be fair...it might have been taken as being anti-American were it posted by a non USian, and yep, it's an "old" topic as far as discussion boards go.

So if you've seen the bit about the mullet, you'll have seen the bit about where the parents were investigated by The Department of Children and Families when swastikas were spotted on the family car.

I was figuring that these children were going to be home schooled, but I see that's not the case. So what do you figure ? is little Adolf going to end up being a bully, or a suicide statistic ?

I side the 15 minutes of fame idea.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
What I wonder is why the parents didn't just ask for them to put 'Happy Birthday Adolf' on the cake...I'm sure they don't call him Adolf Hitler on a daily basis.

You're right, Pele. They got what they wanted...attention. On any normal day, they'd blend into the woodwork. I feel sorry for the kid, too...he needs a haircut and a new set of parents that will change his name for him. Don't get me wrong...nothing bad about a kid with long hair, if that's what they want, but a mullet??? Come ON, people...the 80's were over a looooong time ago!!!

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Stout, I actually thought they were going to be home schooled as well BUT there is a new movement amongst the American Neo-Nazi's to integrate and then dominate from within, so it makes sense they would go to public schools.
Besides, there is a large number in the south that support these types of ideals, so it's not like they are one isolated family.

There was recently a documentary on the Military/History channel about the developement of the current Neo-nazi movement in the US. It was as fascinating as it was frightening.

Did you also read that the investigation of the swastika on the car was thrown out of court because the family threatened to sue based on a violation of their Constitutional Rights? They were 100% correct in that they have the right to display what they want on their car and that it is not enough to prompt a child abuse investigation.
I believe, however, the mullet is.

I think he'll be raised by his daddy to be a bully. He'll probably earn his red laces in kindergarden. At very least, he'll be one of those school shooter kids, using daddy's AK of course. People that full of hate for others, and that much misplaced pride don't resort to suicide. It's weak and it's letting "them" win.
(there needs to be a graemlin whose eyes roll so far it makes it's head roll. I'd use it right now.)

Bek, I think they are not as stupid as people think. They are ignorant, undeniably, but not stupid. I am quite positive that them asking for the full name was a complete power play for attention on their part...a well calculated one. They could have gone to larger bakeries that will put anything on a cake. They could have made it themselves. Instead they went to a smaller store knowing it would cause a stir.
I give them credit, it was well played on their part. It's all I'll give them credit for.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
That's an interesting idea, that integrate and dominate from within. I wonder how much "success" they'll have with it given that being a neo-Nazi is about the toughest 'sell' out there. I'd put them just slightly above pedophiles on the social respect scale.

I have no idea how "large" the neo Nazi movement is, I've never met one IRL and they only exist as media items ( more like caricatures ) from my perspective. I'll spend some time on it.

I'm all up for Children's Services checking these guys out because they decorated the family car with swastikas. I'll support their right to display their preferred icon because even the most severely disenfranchised should be able to express themselves, but that act in itself I wouldn't classify as "abuse"

An indication of possible abuse, for sure, but not actual abuse in itself.

Mullets are a "problem" ?? whistle wink

My guess is that these kids will end up runaways if they refuse to drink the kool aid. School shooters ? maybe, but i figure it all hinges on whether mom and dad are sowing the seds of hate in fertile ground.

The Campbells seem rather reclusive ( not to big a neo Nazi population in New Jersey ? ) and this might just be an attempt to "reach out" to other local sympathisers.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pele
Did you also read that the investigation of the swastika on the car was thrown out of court because the family threatened to sue based on a violation of their Constitutional Rights? They were 100% correct in that they have the right to display what they want on their car and that it is not enough to prompt a child abuse investigation.
I believe, however, the mullet is.

clap I agree on both counts.

I wonder sometimes, however, if Germany's philosophy is right.

Should we REALLY be able to say whatever we want? Aren't there some things that are universally wrong? Isn't advocating violence towards others, whether or not you do it, inherently wrong? This is one reason why German has banned this sort of speech as not included as falling under freedom of speech. The German philosophy is that such speech is so at-odds with the agreed-upon goals of the society that it is a form of violence in and of itself.

Then again, they *still* hold a deep-seated nationalized guilt for the Holocaust, even though very few Germans alive today were born, let alone old enough to be voluntarily involved, when it happened.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Stout
I have no idea how "large" the neo Nazi movement is, I've never met one IRL

Haha... yeah, they mostly exist on the internet and on Xbox live. Anoymity is a powerful thing.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
while we're a signatory to a united nations treaty, affirming people's right to free speech, we have no constitutional rights to freedom of speech in australia; I'd suspected as much, but just went and looked it up:

https://www.aph.gov.au/library/Pubs/RN/2001-02/02rn42.htm

however, there are, apparently, certain "implied" freedoms of speech arising from various high court decisions relating to specific free speech issues. conversely, there are several constitutional impediments to freedom of speech arising from defamation and, of relevance to this discussion, racial vilification laws (YAY, australia!!).

the downside, I think though, relate to some rather disturbing tendencies towards censorship here in oz; while I agree that there are certain topics that are best left out of public consumption, some of those censorship laws are starting to sound suspiciously like book burning. the recent introduction of internet censorship laws are amongst these concerns, as they're starting sound all very "big brother".

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Doc LightningShould we REALLY be able to say whatever we want? Aren't there some things that are universally wrong? Isn't advocating violence towards others, whether or not you do it, inherently wrong? This is one reason why German has banned this sort of speech as not included as falling under freedom of speech. The German philosophy is that such speech is so at-odds with the agreed-upon goals of the society that it is a form of violence in and of itself.

As much as I'd like to support what you're saying, I just can't... In this case there hasn't been any implication of violence in anything he's said... If there were restrictions on what we could say... how long before it would decline into a form of political control? *Points at Pogo69*

hug

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_Son

As much as I'd like to support what you're saying, I just can't... In this case there hasn't been any implication of violence in anything he's said... If there were restrictions on what we could say... how long before it would decline into a form of political control? *Points at Pogo69*

That's my concern. But it hasn't been an issue in Europe yet...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: