Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Charity Event, Manchester uk - POI PEOPLE/FIRE EATERS ETC PLEASE HELP

Login/Join to Participate

GEMS83stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi all

I am an Events Management student at Manchester Met Uni. As an assignment we are putting on a charity event in aid of Marie Curie. Our theme is the Weird and the Wonderful, we are going to have weird and wacky props to decorate the venue, we have 2 well known dj's confirmed and a local "weird" band so far. To make the event even more spectacular we are looking for some poi twirlers, fire eaters... to attract punters and to make the event exciting. Unfortunatley we do not have a budget for the event so everything is being sourced "organically" in other words everything must be FREE! 100% of proceeds are going to the charity. If you feel that you can spare an hour or so showing off your amazing talent, please please get in touch, your help would be greatly appreciated. The event is going to be held at the end of March 09. Exacte date TBC.

Thanks for reading. Look forward to hearing from you.
Gemma - please contact oracle_events@hotmail.com if you can help.

EDITED_BY: GEMS83 (1229453148)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Wow! This sounds well meaningful! I am game if the Manchester crowd is interested.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'm up for it, get in touch, put a drink in me and i'll juggle for hours but put to many in me and my balls are on the floor!

I'll pm you my mobile

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Psykotik2912newbie
26 posts

Posted:
I'm still around Manchester these days, and may be for some time if I don't get round to moving out tongue2

Anyway, although my poi-spinning ability is negligible, I do have a camera thats dying for more usage. If you'd like some pictures to document the day, just give me a time and a place. I'll see what I can do.

R

Artwork that is only about wanting to be famous will never make you famous. Any fame is a by-product of making something that means something. You don't go to a restaurant and order a meal because you want to have a ****. - Banksy

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
im up for this as well smile spinning for a good cause - always
smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm definitely up for this...

More please...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock