Page: ......
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Throughout the world of poi there walk a breed aside from other moves. Many have claimed that they don’t exist, or that they did, but that they died out with some long lost tribe of poi masters, and now they are “just legends”. But, they exist, and not just in the fairy tales we tell young poisters and poiettes to make then scared of the bogie poi that live under their beds.

The Jedi set are the most technical of the most technical moves.
The Jedi set are the poi swinging moves which defy the known laws of the physical world.
For everyone of them, at the moment only a handful are known, is utterly a Jedi move.

Until recently the easiest known move in the the jedi set was a 5 beat weave to reverse 5 beat weave behind the back, preferably done in the wall plane. And yet some exciting new discoveries uncovered using the latest state of the are technology in archeopoilogy. New additions have been threatening to join the ranks of the Jedi set, The Eight Council of Poi demi-gods are currently in congress to determine the place if any of these exciting new finds which include 2 air wraps within the Jedi set.

Not everything is known of the origins of the Jedi set. But it is much hinted in pagan folklaw, that in days of old back in martober two mysterious men, possibly of a tribe of orangeness denoted by their attire met in a misty field in Clay-pham a small village near Londinium. And lo, One of them who may have been the legendary Jedi Tony Touch spaketh unto the other, (the ugly stupid one with poor personal hygiene) who is, it is rumoured to be a distant forefather of the author. (alas the lineage has never been proven).

“That move is utterly Jedi.”

And to the sounds of trumpets from between the legs of a chorus of angels, the Jedi set was gently placed by a large crane amongst the meeting of poiers.
And the quest began...

That was many moons ago, and little remains to document what happened in that original quest...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Does he mean Frank Oz perchance?

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
wicked bender
nice one.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Sith my friend,

btw is slang we use for by the way

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I thought it stood for Big Tittied Women, Damn y'all, I told ya I wus back woods....!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*sever*

quote:
Originally posted by glass:
The Jedi count is made with fire, not with stripy sox poi.
now what i want to know how many beats of isolation you can do with fire? cos i managed three on friday night and ended up with fairly scorched hands!

like i said earlier in this thread, i thought this may happen but i couldn't sustain them long enough to test it until now - anyone else managed to do them without getting hot mitts?

[ 28. November 2002, 01:26: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RaverShokmember
17 posts

Posted:
I got a suggestion for a jedi move that I've been wanting to post, a perfect one handed 3 beat weave (w/2 poi in one hand, Reverse and Forward), I think that it is possible but incredibly hard. What do yall think about that one? glass?

peace, shok
SP

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
surely thats a meteor move aint it?
double meteors erm nice... good move though its real nice but the crossover aint easy..certainy hardcore enough with fire. maybe that retard santanatwo might be up for trying it. (big titted women) hahaha tard!..kidding

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:

[ 27. November 2002, 23:16: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:

[ 28. November 2002, 03:42: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

3,638 posts

Posted:
for Coleman + Santanatwo

[ 27. November 2002, 23:11: Message edited by: fluffy napalm fairy ]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

sooo i wonder what Jedi move Tjoni is performing in that photo.

yes, my half arsed attempt at subtlety has tipped over like a one legged elephant. with an itchy bun.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

3,638 posts

Posted:
for Jez

[ 27. November 2002, 23:12: Message edited by: fluffy napalm fairy ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*RRRRRRIP*

[ 28. November 2002, 01:27: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

6,978 posts

Posted:

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
nice art work bender! ***gives groovy hugs to all*** especial FNF

[ 28. November 2002, 07:53: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
well, PK, GOOD CALL! I actually have already tryed to do a three beat weave with one hand. to be honest, a two beat is very easy. And the only way I could reliably do a weave with more beats was to let one poi start to wrap around my hand then move them both over to the other side. It is possible to keep them in split time when doing this, but difficult. It flowed so much better than trying to do a three beat, that I just learned the wrap version. And I actually submited this for COL2, but malcolm didn't put it on there, not that I could blame him, it was kind of sloppy at the time. But I haven't really broke down what I'm doing with it. I think it may be a four (or maybe five beat), but I'm not sure. All I know it I don't think it is exactly a three beat. but I could be wrong. I can also turn with it, do 360's and stuff. I'll bet dangerboy would know....somebody should email him...Anybody got his e-mail adress on them? don't post it, but email him and find out for us, OK?

(edit: I should metion that I was just using regular poi (arm length), with just holding them in one hand. And yes, I have done it with fire....it's the only way to fly.)

[ 27. November 2002, 05:51: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
I can vaugly do a three beat weave one handed with meteors... I start by doing a one handed four beat, letting it wrap about halfway around my wrist for the extra beats on each side, then, when you want to drop into a three, instead of trying to pass the meteors across my body, I leap sideways and kind of twist my wrist so the chains unwrap from my wrist and almost wrap each other, and my hand passes across my body palm up. looks hideous and not in the least bit smooth...
I keep thinking that letting go of the chain for half a rotation on each side, and rotating my wrist in the opposite direction, so i grab it with my hand the other way up would mean that it wont wrap my wrist, but I can't do it quick enough... Did mean i learnt a no handed four though, by wrapping my wrist into the chain for the cross beats, and letting it spin freely around my wrist for the side beats...

Ben

[edit: I should note that my meteors are about 7'6" and made of heavy chain... They are quite slow, but fairly unstoppable, and there is quite a lot of 'hang time', where you can let them spin freely in the air without touching them. means you can do a two handed three beat weave, and then add in an extra beat by letting go, turning your wrists over and grabbing the chain as it goes past...]

[ 27. November 2002, 05:07: Message edited by: tenticle ]

6,978 posts

Posted:
An eclipse of the sun is when all the glory and love in the world is blotted out by a small spot of darkness. But it's only temporary and the light again shines on us as the moon/star Destroyer moves on. We are left to contemplate that all that is nice about the world was all still there the whole time, even when it was dark.

There was an eclipse of the thread just now, but all it's Jedi goodness was also still there the whole time!
Now to build a bigger, more powerful death star!!!
mua ha ha h ah aha ha *coughs* ha ha hah aha ha ha!

TrunkZmember
16 posts

Posted:
Hey Glass i got a Jedi question..... Going from a forward behind the back weave straight into a reverse behind the back weave but without turning your body but by staying in one place and the poi and changing direction? Is that JEDI

TrunkZ

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
with a wrap? or by just slowing down to poi to a stop and reversing the direction while in the midst of a btb weave? (i'm not sure if there's a name for this)

"airstall" maybe?

[ 27. November 2002, 11:25: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Were all jedi's, all moves are jedi, its just what ever stage your at in your capabilities, even the 2 beat weave was jedi back in my learning days. See what i'm saying, moves are within you, bring them to the surface and share with us your skills and knowledge.
We dont declare moves to become jedi they all ready are.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
BINGO
quote:
Were all jedi's, all moves are jedi, its just what ever stage your at in your capabilities, even the 2 beat weave was jedi back in my learning days. See what i'm saying, moves are within you, bring them to the surface and share with us your skills and knowledge.

maybe just maybe theres a chance for this thread yet. Still thinking.......

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
me too drew me too... so hey man we was talking the other night in the pub... we all recon you should move up here or at least come stay for a while! beieve us its a good idea man!!! hint hint... :packs drews suitcase for him:

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
well for me the highlight is santanatwos fucking wicked inside hyperloop (hey kiddo, you got any other variations, I still am hot getting any with more that 2 beats more than once in deathstar artificial moon.
and PK's 8 beat corckscrew and philosophy
and hikotage's pisstake sith thread, and general playing along with silly jedi jokes
and bender
and a post by Ros and another by coleman on page 4

[ ]
Drew

[ 29. November 2002, 15:13: Message edited by: glass ]

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
leaving only a healthy topic of cruchy fibre and on-topic bran

If this works I'll post a little video.

And not long now I expect Dr Benderstein to leap into this thread shouting "
MOOOHAHAHAHAA My Monster is alive"

oh and one last thing.
I bet that I forgot to mention it before. The eighteenth council of poi elders declared that the hardest known member of the jedi set is ....

The 2 beat weave.

I'm not joking, ok then....
Go on. Spin a perfect 2 beat weave.
I can't.

Glass

[ 29. November 2002, 15:15: Message edited by: glass ]

6,978 posts

Posted:

Jkaremember
19 posts

Posted:
Jkare enters with a giant fire extinguisher, grasps the saftey pin and pulls. Grasping the trigger in one hand, and the nozzle in the other, he leans back and lets her rip!

*** *** ** * **** * *** *** ** * ** * * **** *** ** ** **** * * * **** ** * * *** ** ** ** * * ** ** ** *** ** * * * * ** * **** *** ** *** *** ** * **** * *** *** ** * ** * * **** *** ** ** **** * * * **** ** * * *** ** ** ** * * ** ** ** ** *** ** *** * *** ** ** * * ** * * * *** *** ** *** **** * * **** ** **** **** ** ** *** * * ** * * ** *** * * *** *** *** ** * *** *** *** * ** *** ** *** * *** *** * ** ** **** * * * **** ** * * *** ** ** ** * * ** ** ** ** *** ** *** * *** ** ** * * ** * * * *** *** ** *** **** * * **** ** **** **** ** ** *** * * ** * * ** * ** *** ** * * *** * ** *** *** ** ** *** ** *** * *** ** ** * * ** * * * *** *** ** *** **** * * **** ** **** **** ** ** *** * * ** * * ** *** * * *** *** *** ** * *** *** *** * ** *** ** *** * *** *** * ** ** **** * * * **** ** * * *** ** ** ** * * ** ** ** ** *** ** *** * *** ** ** * * ** * * * *** *** ** *** **** * * **** ** **** **** ** ** *** * * ** * * ** * ** *** ** * * *** * ** *** *** ** *

As the mist settles, there is a calm over everything. All of the flames have been extinguished. There are people, covered in dust crouched in the corners and against the walls. The dust all evaporates away and we have a nice clean, sanitized thread!

Jkare
It's Time

Salama mpira wa moto

3,638 posts

Posted:
The cleanup operation begins. (Jez and I started last night before this post )

I replaced my posts with hugs - is that ok?

I like hugging....

[ 27. November 2002, 23:14: Message edited by: fluffy napalm fairy ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*sews up his bit of the thread and washes his hands*

sith has obviuosly left us
can a mod delete his post cos it says and does nothing.

to you all

[ 28. November 2002, 02:58: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:

Page: ......