• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Richee
BRONZE Member since Jan 2002

HOP librarian

Total posts: 1841
Posted:All right, I've borrowed this images from different theory I'm working on
right now, anyway here we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1] Snake (half/full)

Non-Https Image Link

This is a clean snake, or club swinging snake or elbow isolation
or what so ever. More, a bout snakes can be found here:

-Lesson 14

2] Snake Eye

Non-Https Image Link

"Simply sad, cat eye in snake motion."

Deeper, cat-eyes are clockwork technique, not a static figure.
I'm implementing this tech into another. Very hard, almost ...

-Cat eye

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I.NEED.1.PAIR.OF.SOCK.POI!)

I can recomend to slow mo, and frame
by frame investigation..

you can burn,

:R

hug

EDITED_BY: Richee (1228527486)

POI THEO(R)IST

Delete Topic

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:Ahem...

Video wink

Again, I slightly grasp what you mean, but a video made with that funky video camera we bought you would be a great help... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

pineapple pete
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

pineapple pete

water based

Total posts: 5125
Posted:i understand what you mean, and its a great idea..

but i have to agree with ed, a little, quickly made visual example would be great... especially for those who dont quite grasp it from the description.. nothing fancy, just a quick demonstration smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

Richee

HOP librarian

Posted:Also I've found that is better to distinguish between master
and Poi path, by different type of line, that would make dia-
grams more readable.

----------------------------------------------------

I want UPS Smartslot serial expander.

mmm..expander,

hug

EDITED_BY: Richee (1228527989)

POI THEO(R)IST

Delete

GOLD Member since Jul 2005

I cant think therefore Im not

Total posts: 291
Posted:Oh I did not now that the "get Richee a camcorder project" worked out smile
If you got a videocamera its time for explanations the visual way and not only theoretical one.

Please, some of us or at least me have only understood tiny fragments of all the stuff you write, but it sounds awesome. Doesnt matter if you or anyone cant do the stuff perfectly, I would just love to see some ideas explained visually, I want to be with you in the ideas and thoughts and not only sit next to you and not being able to understand a word of what you are saying, it sounds to good to miss out on tongue2

"I dont like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Snakes with poi?
Ouch....
Sounds like fun though. Will give it a whirl....

How you do a cat-eye like this I dunno. But then, not being able to do cat-eyes cleanly fails to help I think....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

pineapple pete
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

pineapple pete

water based

Total posts: 5125
Posted:well.. your hand will be moving in the same direction as doing a normal snake, but the poi will be spinning in the opposite direction.. since your hand is doing a circle, poi in the opposite direction, this will make a cat eye, but your hand will be going in the path of a snake.. snake eyes smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

AlienJon
GOLD Member since Mar 2002

AlienJon

enthusiast

Total posts: 290
Posted:Originally Posted By: Learning_To_CookAhem...

Video wink

Again, I slightly grasp what you mean, but a video made with that funky video camera we bought you would be a great help... wink

Originally Posted By: pineapple petei understand what you mean, and its a great idea..

but i have to agree with ed, a little, quickly made visual example would be great... especially for those who dont quite grasp it from the description.. nothing fancy, just a quick demonstration smile

hug

Originally Posted By: NevisoulOh I did not now that the "get Richee a camcorder project" worked out smile
If you got a videocamera its time for explanations the visual way and not only theoretical one.

Please, some of us or at least me have only understood tiny fragments of all the stuff you write, but it sounds awesome. Doesnt matter if you or anyone cant do the stuff perfectly, I would just love to see some ideas explained visually, I want to be with you in the ideas and thoughts and not only sit next to you and not being able to understand a word of what you are saying, it sounds to good to miss out on tongue2

I concur! Video! spank

I mean damn, if you guys want motivation to buy me a video cam (which I don't have), I'll start making my posts waaaaayyyyy more cryptic... and for simulation videos, I'll start posting clips from the 'psychedelic screen saver' as poi moves! (seriously, if anyone wants to buy me a video cam, I'll make videos wink )

But seriously, I know when I'm in the deeply conceptual realm of poi, it's hard to get my head straight to even make a simulation sometimes! So, it will be a process for Richee to learn his workflow with the camera. Plus, what type of computer setup are you using Richee? I seem to remember you don't even have a mouse, which leads me to believe you may not be on a system optimized for convenient video editing. Have you run into any complications getting video off your camera and uploaded to say, youtube, where you can do simple editing and annotations online?

So Richee, is there anything we can do to help in your video endeavors? hug

-Alien Jon

+Alien Jon

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:Come to Melbourne, Jon and you can use mine.

My poi are in the car... so I can't try this out, but I think I understand it.

hug

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:I DO understand it, but I cannot do it, my poi are being very silly. I'd love to see a video to see step by step where the poi go.

hug

Delete

Richee

HOP librarian

Posted:I can't do them clear either, I think they are possible
with havier socks if you woun't smack your face
with crystal ball.

Ther are bit odd, I din't saw them in mirror, but they
are nice in theory, but that doesn't meen they will
be practicaly nice.

They tend to shift to outside, that makes them looks
like wall plane unit circle ,but they are not that
simple, cause you need to insert them into snake.

but snake is hard itself,

hug

POI THEO(R)IST

Delete