Forums > Videos > Videos Removed by Poster

Login/Join to Participate

Charlie FoxPLATINUM Member
Burinating the village like Trogdor
156 posts

Posted:
Lesson learned by me, and all involved in producing the video, we had a great time, were and are hugely entertained by the experience, but sadly (for us) our entertainment does not translate to that of others.

I am truly sorry to those who felt like the videos were a waste of 30 mins of their life.

EDITED_BY: cpjfox (1229014212)

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
- Anon (I think)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Errrr, don't really see why you didn't use the two most widely known (as far as I know) powders for this... namely lycopodium and custard powder.

It wasn't very scientific in that you learnt how to breath the powder as you went on... one of you catching on quicker than the other... and it would have been better to see some overlays of the breath since you had them all on video...

Plus blowing powder actually out of your mouth isn't really the best way to breath powder, so I wouldn't say it was a particularly great comparison to a normally fuelled fire breath.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

156 posts

Posted:
Lycopodium is not (in my searching) readily available down here in NZ.

Fair Call on the Custard Powder, we didn't purchase this as we thought we had some in the pantry, it was on our todo list though.

Essentially we set out to improve on the currently available media on powder fire breathing (as far as you-tube is concerned). I agree that this is certainly neither scientific or perfect, but neither of those were our intentions.

Overlays are a little beyond my video editing skill on Vegas (note the complete lack of transitions), but as the format of my camera is Mpeg 2 we couldn't use Adobe or WMM which I'm more familiar with.

I appreciate your comments though.

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

- Anon (I think)

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
You just wasted 30 minutes of my life and I want it back....
I think I'll stick to using ultra-pure

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

156 posts

Posted:
top post amended.

- A.A. Milne

- Anon (I think)

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I really don't know what to say to that above... I'll leave a "Hmm..." on the subject and leave it at that.

Originally Posted By: cpjfoxLycopodium is not (in my searching) readily available down here in NZ.

Overlays are a little beyond my video editing skill on Vegas (note the complete lack of transitions), but as the format of my camera is Mpeg 2 we couldn't use Adobe or WMM which I'm more familiar with.

My camera uses Mpeg2 and I use adobe premier, or if my computer is less functional, windows movie maker. I think to do it for Premiere I had to get an extra codec pack... on WMM, I dunno... it just works. WMM 2, perhaps?

hug