• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

FoxxyLove
SILVER Member since Apr 2008

FoxxyLove

~An elegantly bound book in a language you can't read~

Total posts: 43
Posted:I've watched the ONLY video I can find until my eyes are about to bleed and read through some old threads, but I am still having the same problem and am hoping for some new/better advice...

It really helped when someone compared the "Low Wave" to the "Mexican Wave" but I can't get the wrists upside down thing. I can get it going but as far as getting it behind my back I'm lost. Can you stand in one place and if so...how do you go about getting the poi from your side to behind your back fluidly? Eh? Eh? Anyone? Thankee sai!~~~Jess

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? -Alice

Delete Topic

FoxxyLove

FoxxyLove

Posted:Ok I've realized my main problem is I can't do it without some beats inbetween...I need to know how to go about doing it fluidly...[censored] it, I'll just beat the hell outta myself practicing haha. Advice would be great though anyway, much love poisters!~~~J

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? -Alice

Delete

FoxxyLove

FoxxyLove

Posted:Starting off, the right hand is going CCW-UP-Clockwise (making the figure 8)..........the left hand is supposed to be going behind your back and that wrist is supposed to be facing up...do I have that right?

And if so...someone please describe what figure my left hand is supposed to be making and how to get it behind my back with wrists up...GOD I'm confused and have hit myself in the kidney too many times lol.

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:You seem to enjoy talking to yourself alot ... You'll do well here wink

(I'd normally say "Do a search" but as you already have, but still posted a new topic, this seems futile)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

FoxxyLove

FoxxyLove

Posted:I don't enjoy it per se...just trying to talk myself through it I guess LOL whatever helps right? This thread is no longer necessary because I've got the move down so much thanks wink.

Delete

wandershroom
BRONZE Member since Jan 2008

wandershroom

stranger

Total posts: 16
Posted:I can use some helpful advice also

Delete

welshfairy17

stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:Me too...detailed instructions would be great. Please?

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/827301/1.html
br>
A low wave is just a name given to butterfly hip reels.

hug

Delete

=Flashpoint=
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets

Total posts: 2719
Posted:He has a point.

I have a tip, when transitioning into the move, try and keep your hips aligned with the planes of the poi, and try to curl your wrists as each poi goes behind you. Keep the hips straight, and transition out by, once again, moving your hips as well.

Might help?

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Delete