Page: ...
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the all-new, shiny thread for fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts anywhere in Ireland.

Our community started coming together a few years ago, and it's grown to include people from all over the country...

If you are new to poi or staff or spinning stuff and want to meet up with any of the Irish spinners, please post in this thread, introduce yourself and feel free to come along to the workshops, gatherings or events that get talked about.

Also, if you'd like to be on my mailing list for fire gatherings and other juggling events, please PM me your email address and I'll add it. The fire gathering takes place fortnightly in Belfast, but it's one way to keep in touch with everyone.

So welcome, and hope to see you soon wave

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

I run a poi workshop for the Crescent Arts Centre (now housed in City Church, Holylands - opposite the Spar), featuring occasional special guests when they visit… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly/Scratch bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £5 per week.

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet.

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

(PS:

DIT will meet...

24th September - 5th December 2007

28th January - 14th March 2008

31st March - 25th April 2008)

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

British Juggling Convention (April)

UberParis (June)

Play (July)

EJC (July)

Falmouth (September)

Clonakilty JC (September)

Bristol (September)

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

biggrin

weavesmiley

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1213212737)

Getting to the other side smile

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Good, good my plan is working....

This all reminds me of a time when i was younger, and took of my pants and waided out to a small man made island in the middle of Blackrock park...I sat there amongst the native duck folk, safe in the knowledge that no one could reach me. MAN WAS I WRONG. Those Park folk dont like having there breeding stock of ducks "interfeared with" by which i presume they mean "Being fed Tesco Luxury Finest Pumpkin Seed Bread"....bunch of SOur pricks.

SO may i suggest we best avoid this park for any future conventions involving afore mentioned activities.

SO whos coming to Cork? or is there a thread that has that list up somewhere?

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
No, I think somewhere near Jamaica.

There is another scene, THREAD. Sorry, I'm still stuck in play mode. Um, yeah there's another thread for the cork thing.

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

160 posts

Posted:
Do a little dance.....Make a little Love....Get down TOnight....Get down tonight....

THIS DAM SONG WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE....Ive been stuck listening to it for two weeks now...IN MY OWN HEAD.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
KC & the Sunshine band

i'm way too old, that's how i know these things...

tongue

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

160 posts

Posted:
Thanks Lisa : ) now i have a name for my tormentor.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hey guys been along time since ive been on here (or done any spinnning for that matter) hope everyones well (esp lisa and the bump). i have to force myself to get off my lazy butt and go to the tues night gatherings esp cos ive just bought a new set of fans and ive had them for like 2 months and they remain unlit lol (bad fire spinner spank )

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Whoosh.
I'm currently in the Laboratory making new fire stuff but will be along for monday nights for the forseeable future.
Anyone else around these days?

160 posts

Posted:
im around , but not all there due to work : (
Next week im on early shifts though, so will be doing a full week of juggling to get me self warmed up for the cork weekend : ) !!!!!!!

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Just to let people know that pre-registration for this year's EJC in Karlsruhe (2-10 August) has begun.

Online registration is possible at https://prereg.eja.net/register.pl

Preregistration prices are: €95 for 16+'s, €55 for 10-15's and free for 0-9years old!

Dee

PhoenixOnAStickBRONZE Member
I Live With A Fiery Passion
27 posts

Posted:
Huzzah for EJC! Hoping to make it once again, but sadly living the life of a student now so unless auntie Helen decides that the EJC qualifies as a field trip(i am studying circo-arts) then it shall be a bit of a struggle.
Hope all are well and spinning like lunatics

New years resolution; Lay-off the "yo mama" jokes

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
as some of you may or may not know. theres now a juggling store in dublin city smile

all details are located on EC with a map below

https://www.emeraldcircus.com/modules.php?name=Jugglin_Dublin

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
right really short notice...

dublin juggling convention is this weekend. saturday and sunday in Larkin hall on cathal buragh street (same as last year) and renegade is in DCU

fire show friday night in templebar from 8 or so...

wont be there myself but theres the info smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
rargh!

anything happening thursday night?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
not that i know of... bar the fact i'l be at home sleeping... sorry rob frown

Messy_hair_Clairenewbie
10 posts

Posted:
wow, its been so long since i've been here!!! wow

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
And good to see you smile

Hope you're well lady

hug

Getting to the other side smile

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, frown
looks like there might be very little happening at the fire show tonight unless the weather tidies up, it's pretty messy out there at the moment.
( V. gusty, with splats of rain)

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Indeed, according to Met Eireann: Very windy early tonight, winds moderating later. Occasional showers.

And I brought in my fiber optic poi ...

The cookies have been made (but are safely at home!)

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
Teeheehee,
all the old jugglers and poi heads, watch them crawl out of their nooks and crannies for a weekend of spinny fun!

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Just got a text:

Fire Show Cancelled due to weather conditions.

L.E.D. (+glow) show in the living room (Cathal Brugha Street)

(so bring your fancy glow toys!)
EDITED_BY: TheDee (1204310721)

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hay guys, im gonna be in dublin next week with college for 4 days, unfortuantly im expected to do loads of work so i dont know if ill have time to spin frown unless i run away.

but is there anywhere you guys can recomend we must go? smile cheers

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

KneelSILVER Member
journeyman
80 posts

Posted:
tuesday juggling session is on tonight,goldsmith hall right beside pearse station.

-Niall-

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Marked on the map https://www.tcd.ie/Maps/tcd_east.html from 7-10pm!

The train track is the dark grey line on the map. The entrance in on Pearse Street, not Westland Row.

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
ill be arriving in dublin on the 11th and leaving on the 14th, ill try make it next weeks? depending where my hotel is and if i can evade my tutor for long enough.

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Bad luck I'm afraid. Trinity Juggling don't run outside term time. Today is the last session this month (3 weeks holidays for undergraduates). The main problem is that there are exams on in the hall next week, so we aren't allowed to disrupt the tables in any way.

sorry I don't have better news.

Messy_hair_Clairenewbie
10 posts

Posted:
things are quiet round here huh?

so, who else is doing the Carvin/EJC combo?? if im not wrecked after EJC i may be looking for fun n frolics for a few days before i head back home, anyone got any suggestions??? biggrin

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
I can't go to Carvin because I've been invited to give a talk to a Statistics working group in Seattle that week... (yippeeee!!!)

As for my travel plans - I've already booked my flights with Lufthansa (€90 return including all taxes, charges and bags + an extra €35 return on the train still makes it cheaper than Ryanair to Karlsruhe!)

KneelSILVER Member
journeyman
80 posts

Posted:
hey,im wondering who's going to EJC? im lookin to come back with people,and yeah im with claire on the 'fun n frolics' wil the be any?

-Niall-

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Carvin - EJC yes please! biggrin
With a possible warm up down south at Festiflam.....mmmmm

I think we shoul have a comptetition to see who can find the funkiest thing to be doing in the week in between
ubbrollsmile

Summer is coming! (i think its gonna be a good one)

bounce sunny bounce

ps grouphug from holland to ye all nana

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
come back to dublin for a week ronan and install all your knowledge of poi and everything on me biggrin

thats the funkiest idea ever!

Page: ...