Forums > Help! > Buy on the Sunshine Coast

Login/Join to Participate

pumpingmarleynewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I am looking to buy some new fire twirling gear (i.e. short staff) and was wondering if there were any places on the Sunshine Coast (or close by) that I could go to.

Thank you.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
is the sunshine coast CA? ill tell you, the MOST effective way to find shops in yer area is go to google and type in Juggling or Fire twirling or something along those lines then add yer zip code, or city, or state. But i can guarentee you they will not have the customer service that the HoP Shop has.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

ubbrollsmile

HOP Rocks.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Pumpingmarley,
I suspect you are on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane, Australia. It's a really good idea to put where you live in your profile by the way (as in UCOF lives in Whales rolleyes and Poje lives in AZ(which is a bit of USA,) Because this is an international website and the answers to questions often depends on where you live.
I don't know of any shops on the Sunshine Coast. But Gooble Warming is in West End Brisbane. They also sell wick if you want to make your own stuff. If they don;t have what you want, Three Worlds are on the Gold Coast.
Cheers
gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I know of 2 on the sunny coast, one in coolum called the wishing well, or sorroco at the sunshine plaza. Markets sell them too.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Points up, yeah what she said. Alternatively HoP is awesome!!

Hi Leah!!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hiya Pauly!! hug

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

nayhaisthebest1GOLD Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
i live on the SC. make your own, i saved about $60 by doing that, and i could make it exactly how i wanted grin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep I'd agree that making your own staff is really easy and recommended. I don;t recommend making poi yourself though as the connectors/wrapping techniques are harder and there's more bits to fly off in a flaming type manner.

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Dont get me wrong, I love making my own tools. But I encourage folks to buy their first fire toy from a reputable dealer/manufacturer first. Not only do you get a quality tool, but you get a feel for some details you might not have foreseen on your own.

For example: I bought my first poi then figured out what I liked and disliked for creating my own custom pieces (especially the handles)

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
I would agree that buying these ready made toys helps incase they come flying off or arent secured properly etc etc... however...

I only just started buying my toys this year, but so saying i had a friend who made my fire staff and my fire poi (with my help :)) so i was conifident to use them.

My staff to this day is still the only one i use and my poi - well needed to replace the dowl but i got a good year before they started to wear through smile.

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Flame, your signature is hilarious! (here tis in case you change it)

I'll go with him!
Reminds me of a 'joke' conversation that goes:

Kid: Dad, why is this called hip hop
Dad: I don't know, son, why do you ask?
Kid: cos hip hop sounds like something you'd want to play.

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
LOL I know it was the cutest convesation

It started because i had gone to xavier rudd a couple of weeks before and he was very disappointed he couldnt come but then he knew i was going to pink and then the questions came 'can i come can i come!'

But yeah pink are girls at the moment and blue are boys. hehe

StormCrow13BRONZE Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
there is an awesome shope in brisbane on roma st called threeworlds. you can get everything and have a great shop in brissy while you are at it.

HOP Newsletter