Posted:
fascinating, but not to have of course!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
DOOD. The pain from those things is likened to childbirth...

I have had one tiny baby one and that hurt like hell.We have a family history of them and all I remember from my childhood is either my Poppa or my Dad doubled over in pain and getting shots to help.

I am sending so much healing for you...get better soon... and wicked picture!! LOL

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Oh no!! OUCH!

Hope you feel better soon Malcolm!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Ouch boss!! Rest easy! Is there anything you can take to lessen them, make them smaller or whatever?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
ouuuch!! just looking at that picture causes great pain in me

best best wishes from over here although I'm afraid it won't take the pain frown

so sorry for that silly question, Malcolm, but what exactly is one doing with a kidney stone after "giving birth" to it? are you supposed to give it to a doctor? or do you just keep it (now that's the rather silly question I suppose grin )?

/e: ah ok, so it has to be analyzed
EDITED_BY: duvan (1227615555)
EDIT_REASON: I see

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Yikes !!!!!

But just think, after the doctors done analysing it, a bath in alcohol, a little shellac, and you'll have the ultimate piece pf personalised jewelery.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Jeepers! Congratulations Malcolm!!! xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ouch!

Many hugs! I hope you have no more!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: ValuraDOOD. The pain from those things is likened to childbirth...

That's an outright lie that medical professionals spread for their own amusement. Either that or a man made it up.

I've had both, and Valura, it's so much worse than childbirth I can't even begin to tell you. I had one about 4 years ago and I would *much* rather have ten more babies than one more of those.
Dead serious.

How odd they didn't ask you to keep it Mal. I had to, they gave me a little potty seat with a net in it and everything. lol
Mine was protien based, but my dad's was calcium based.

Either way, they sucks massive rocks (pun intended).

Sorry you have to go through that Mal. Word of advice, Vicodin makes the pain, and everything else, go away wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PeleOriginally Posted By: ValuraDOOD. The pain from those things is likened to childbirth...

I've had both, and Valura, it's so much worse than childbirth I can't even begin to tell you. I had one about 4 years ago and I would *much* rather have ten more babies than one more of those.
Dead serious.

I keep telling people that but they always say that I don't have kids, so I can't say. I met a woman with kids with larger heads and heavier birthweights, said she'd rather go into labor again any day

I get little tiny k/s often.

sorry to hear you had to go thru that Malcolm

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
nah, just scrolling over the title of this thread and seeing that picture gives me da creeps grin

Ry_CanuckMaster of Mediocrity
25 posts

Posted:
I just saw given birth to my first and thought it was gonna be something happy and upbeat and exciting thread...... Man, it turned out to be even more then I had hoped for!!! Whooo!! I have never had one and by the looks of that one I hope never too

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: duvanso sorry for that silly question, Malcolm, but what exactly is one doing with a kidney stone after "giving birth" to it? are you supposed to give it to a doctor? or do you just keep it

in high school a guy who had his legs crushed by a boulder and amputated came in and gave a talk, a kid in my class asked if he kept his legs. laugh3

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
eek

Dear Lord/ Jim,

Please can you fix it for Malcolm to never again piss rocks.

Thanks,
from UCoF.

Side note: This thead contains some excellent quotes:

Originally Posted By: MalcolmI went for a piss and out it came. I dived into the toilet to get it out. I did not have to, the doctor did not ask me to save it.

laugh3

Originally Posted By: MalcolmI have to go to a special clinic to talk about it in a couple of weeks

"Hi everyone. My name is Malcolm, and I piss kidney stones."
"Hi Malcolm"
*round of applause*

You make it sound like an AA meeting wink

Originally Posted By: PeleI've had both, and Valura, it's so much worse than childbirth I can't even begin to tell you.

I wonder how it compares to catching your willy in your flies? grin

In all seriousnesss though Malcolm, I hope you never have to go through it again, but if you do, I hope it is a painless as possible smile hug
EDITED_BY: UnscrupulousChavOffersFoot (1227693952)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wow malcolm.. hope thats the last time that happens to you for a while, thats no fun at all!

gotta say though, your other child is much cuter than this one smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PeleOriginally Posted By: ValuraDOOD. The pain from those things is likened to childbirth...

That's an outright lie that medical professionals spread for their own amusement. Either that or a man made it up.

I always assumed women made stuff like that up, so they could call men wusses- after all, they're never going to really find out if you're lying.. wink

Whichever way.. Ow. Hope they can get it fixed, even if collecting a few for matching jewellery would be sort of cool..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
crikey. ouch. so where does it hurt actually? in the kidney region when or along the exit bit? Or all of it? I'm trying to visualise there the most nerve endings are but its getting rude rather than medical. And for how long? Please explain.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
newgabe - it hurts in the kidney as long as it blocks the tract, then it hurts it all the way down and finally when it scratches forward through the final urinal tract, because at some times you have to wank it out... eek redface no there ain't anything pleasurable in it... because yupp, it has a "lotus surface"... meaning, it's eternally ROUGH... rolleyes devil

As a man we can't really take the distinction what is more painful, childbirth or kidneystone... the girls can. Certainly the result gives different satisfaction to the parent in the long run.

Also their origins are vastly different... I'd sign up to prepare the former... the latter comes from not drinking enough (water that is) (*insert dodgy joke about the former sometimes originating from drinking too much (alcohol)*) and not giving enough space for the body to remove toxins... hmmm, when thinking about it... there are different kinds of kidney stones, I was referring to the Calcite ones...

Besides: Malcolm hug cong-cratz, errm congratz wink (sorry, Anglo-german joke) and welcome to the club. 3mm is quite a nice bugger. I guess you couldn't have a larger one... However, half a year back I offered assistance and some help to ail your condition. The offer is still valid. Your call.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Newgabe, from the girl perspective (since it's the only perspective I can give) mine started like a bad lower back ache. I thought I pulled something. That went on for three days until I could barely straighten up. Then the third day is when I started throwing up and couldn't stop, and spiked a fever. I went to the emergency room and got morphine and a vicodin prescription.
Then the fun started...
I double dosed on vicodin for a show I had to perform in and even that didn't stop the pain for long (and it was a really interesting performance that I don't really remember, thank goodness all I was doing was Go-Go dancing! wink )
Think of feeling white hot razor blades moving from your kidneys down through and then pissing it out and you come close to how it feels.
Mine took about 2 weeks to move all the way through from the time the pain started until I gave birth.

I had my son sans any pain killer and was fine. I can take pain and that was the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced. The only good thing vs. having a baby, no diapers to change.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
Ouch they say these things are the equivalent to women giving birth?

Glad to hear you feeling better - the next one may not be so big *trying to sound positive*

Good luck and hope your ok! wink

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
So malcolm, where is said baby stone now? Have you discarded it or have you started painting a new room in blue or pink?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PeleThe only good thing vs. having a baby, no diapers to change.

And that you can put it in a small box for a very long time

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
When one of my colleagues at university had one we stuck it through the x-ray diffractometer to find out its mineral composition. Turns out it was a cholesterol-based one and therefore had no economic value.

The fun you can have with multi-million dollar machines.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pele[quote=Valura]

Dead serious.

I have had women say it was as bad (they had hard births). I have had many women say that it's anywhere from "worse" to "a LOT worse."

I've never had a woman who said it was "not as bad."

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I didnt know you had had that many women doc!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
More than any gay boy deserves, Will.

My guess, Malcolm, is something based on calcium oxalate. Definitely calcium, though.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wow rough. watching my Dad go through this, I decided to avoid being dehydrated ever again.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Page: