ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Hello all!

I'm moving to Hackney mid December into a huge shared warehouse space.

Am thinking about having a weekly meet there and wondered if there would be much interest?

It would be free, possibly with a small membership fee. We would be able to smoke indoors (oh the novelty!), and a possibility of indoor fire spinning. It could also possibly be a good few hours, sit around and chill round a nice open fire afterwards.

The disadvantages would mainly be the location, just because, being Hackney, the closest tube is a twenty minute walk (Bow Street) however Hackney Wick overground is about five minutes away.

I don't know an awful lot of spinners in London but have heard there's a great community, so if I could just bring them all to me...

grin

Laaandaan!

Who's about?

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Smoking inside!!! eek

If I was nearer London this would be quite inviting. What do you want to move to London for? Bristol's where it's at right now. at least, this is where most of the London spinners end up, here or at work.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... could be an option!
I'm based in Bethnal Green (E2) so not too far for me! Check out Spinning@ on Heneage Street just off Brick Lane its on a Tuesday from about 19:00 - 22:00.

Theres a thread on here somewhere... a good place to meet east london based spinners.

Good luck with the new pad smile

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Ah yeah Chris was telling me about Brick Lane - The Rag Factory of sommat right? Gonna try to mae it to the Xmas party on the 12th so will be a good oppertunity to talk to people about using the warehouse too grin

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Oh and Ed, cos Laandan is where it's at!

Yeah Bristol might be the new Brighton but... erm... well. I've still never even been to Bristol anyway so whos fault is that HMMM?