Fruitbasket#1 Bender Fan :D
133 posts

Posted:
So, Recently I have just been balancing my clubs in every way and I have gotten pretty darn good. So I come today asking, am I just looking stupid or is this some skill? If anyone out there has information please post it.

Happy HoPing grin

ANGER IS A GIFT.You have the right to demand better!

Originally Posted By: Mr Majestikhear the news about the guy in adelaide on the weekend who walked stilts 20m high? broke the world record by taking four steps.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Balancing is definitely a skill in it's own right, but doesn't need to be limited to clubs.

Also, it would take most people several lifetimes to balance any item in every way, so there will always be new ways to balance and push the envelope.

What balances have you got down pat now?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

133 posts

Posted:
Well on parts of my body I can do both hands, both forearms, chin.

I'm working on balancing on my nose and forehead and the top of my feet. What i'm mostly doing it going into the balances like, Spining the club half way and balancing the top part of the club on my hand. From that i can flip it, From top too bottom. I can pass hands while balancing. With the forearms I have not worked on any tricks. With my chin still I just can balance on my chin. I'm working on balancing two clubs at the same time.

Uhh.. that is pretty much it for now. I'm working on some ideas. But thats it for now.

Originally Posted By: Mr Majestikhear the news about the guy in adelaide on the weekend who walked stilts 20m high? broke the world record by taking four steps.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
to make it as simple as possible it takes work, I don't have alot of interest in learning club balancing although I've worked on it alittle and I see it as any other trick it simply takes time and as much work as you'd put into any other trick.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
these guys are good at balance:

https://juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php...amp;category=mr

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
can you balance two clubs on different parts of your body? Its much harder. I've got a friend that can do it, but its pretty tricky!

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Oh i tried that the other day and yeah it is mega hard even just doing one on each hand is hard.

At the moment I'm practicing doing one club balanced on another club balanced on my hand which is pretty fun.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Man, I had a go at one club on each hand last night, it is sooooooooooooo much harder!

I'll have a go at the stacked clubs thing though, could be a good one thanks smile

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

133 posts

Posted:
I still cant get two at the same time. Ive become more able to balance one on my foot. Must still practice!

And thanks mcp for all that wonderful balance footage :] its giving me mega ideas. Would love to share if anyone wanted to know.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
once i can balance them will i be able to catch them in a balance trick like i see in so many videos? I wish i could...

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Poje, I feel your pain. That is one of my favorite juggling tricks too but i can never seem to get it and just end up hitting myself in the face. Youch!

I have been practicing chin balancing hoops though, Talk about tricky especially if you put them up and down your face rather than across it. Looks Rad Though.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />