Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Ministry Berlin 2009 - KataMoMben the second

Login/Join to Participate

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Oh hello... grin cool

Remember last year, The Ministry gave the workshop of the contact juggling year in February? Maybe you were there, and had an amazing time, learning so much information in five days? Or maybe you were sat at home, kicking yourself, thinking how cool it would have been to hang with us and a plethora of other crazy contact jugglers in Berlin...

So we're giving you another chance. Yes, once again the Ministry of Manipulation are teaming up with the JonglierKatakomben to give you their biggest workshop ever! Only this time it will be bigger, better, even more nutritious, and in the easter holidays. Behind the scenes, manipulation ministers have been working hard to bring you even more allocated teaching time, and spaces, more in-depth and a wider range of workshops along with extra curricular activities, which last year proved to be such a success.

Whether complete novice having only just picked up their first ball, or seasoned professional, we will fill your head with so much information, it'll be close to exploding. grin

Alongside the all star MoMcast of Jea9, Colin and Myself to teach, we also have two special guest teachers. We have Das Supertalent that is Kelvin Kalvus (www.kelvin-kalvus.de) added to the line up, who proved to be such a hit last year, and one other special guest teacher, Who I'm not going to name just yet. He is confirmed, and oh my god, *I* want to learn from him! I'll let you guess as to who it is for a little while... wink We've all been working hard to bring to you the best teaching, and the best techniques to help you get the most out of your manipulation.

Keep an eye out in the next couple weeks for some more announcements, including things like cost, dates etc.

I got so much out of last year, that I can't wait to do it again! See you there?

(edit) for those that want it, here's a reminder of some of the occurrences of last year. smile https://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/blog/ministry-berlin-the-evidence/

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Dates man, we need dates!

I shall staunchly remain a maybe.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
You can buy them at almost any supermarket or healthfood shop...
EDITED_BY: Charles (1227230682)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dates? Oh ok.

6-10 april inclusive.

Yes, I know about BJC... but really, norwich over Berlin? pah! wink

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'm just about to send promotional information to the Katakomben...

grin

I'm excited already!

Be Water My Friend.

dawndreamPLATINUM Member
The answers lie on the horizon
35 posts

Posted:
I'm going to do everything in my power to be there.

foolosopher at your service!

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
i cancelled a trip to Germany in March so i can go to this grin

see you lot there

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
An update:

Ok, there have been some changes to the line up for the April workshop.

Unfortunately and with great regret, I must announce that Mr. OM is no longer going to be making an appearance at our workshops in Berlin on the 6-10th April. But fear not. Taking his place on the team is once again Emanuele ‘Moon’ Marchione, who will be teaching Multiball, from small to very large numbers. Moon’s innovative style of Multiball will be a fantastic addition to our line up, and we’re all very glad to have him with us once again.

Jeanine has also confirmed some workshops in Club and Staff Contact/Manipulation from Meghan ‘MCP’ Pike, which I am quite excited about. With the success of her tutorial website, DVD and highly technical spinning ability, I feel that Meg will be quite an asset at the workshops. Be prepared for some brain melting.

one other thing, last I heard, 43 places had gone already. that leaves only two places left... If you haven’t booked yet, I’d get it in quick.

This is gonna be pure mental. I can't wait grin

Be Water My Friend.

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Already booked my place and my ticket to Berlin...
I'm there!!! =D

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Learning_To_Cook I feel that Meg will be quite an asset at the workshops.
Yes, quite so. Furthermore I can happily report as well that after her sojourn in Australia she is now considerably harder, having had to train and teach through the rigours of suspected dengue fever, actual evil flu, honey coated arm wounds, WFF firstaid bosses, spiders, omnidirectional Facebook outings,ambient veganism, children and *shock* warmth.

This event sounds great!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
So thats where shes been

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: newgabeOriginally Posted By: Learning_To_Cook I feel that Meg will be quite an asset at the workshops.
Yes, quite so. Furthermore I can happily report as well that after her sojourn in Australia she is now considerably harder, having had to train and teach through the rigours of suspected dengue fever, actual evil flu, honey coated arm wounds, WFF firstaid bosses, spiders, omnidirectional Facebook outings,ambient veganism, children and *shock* warmth.

This event sounds great!

hahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa

That's a testimonial!

I enjoyed woodford even with the death paralysis ticks, giant primordial lizards that were set into their routines and spiders bigger than my head that I never saw.

I'm coming back to woodford if I can. Don't know why, cos I will probably die again of overheating. But well, good times don't seem so horrendous after they've finished and your in nice cool tasmania...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
It was an honor to be invited to teach at the MoM Berlin workshops and an exciting first visit for me to the Jonglier Katakomben. The workshops were amazing and the only downside was having to teach and miss out on the other teachers workshops.

The katakomben is cool, which was awesome for me, since I'm from scotland. And no wind and no sticky tree crap on the floor, which is awesome. they were exceptionally tolerant of all the contact jugglers and their stuff lying around which was ace of them. And their sandwiches and pastries were tasty are lunch time.

The workshops were epic, as was hanging out with moon and ed and jeanine and colin and decland and su and mark and mark and robbert and the french guy who taught me much about rolling around on the floor. I still can't believe I didn't manage to get to any of Kelvins workshops which I really wanted to go along to, along with head and foot by ed and jeanine - bit of a fail there...

Ed was particularly awesome for 'foot massages'. But mark turned out to be a good height for them too, even thou he should have been a total knot of muscle.

Berlin was a utterly beautiful city, after tin roofs and 1 storey buildings in australia. I love eastern european architecture.

It was brilliant to play with Jeanine, to take movement lessons from Colin, to do duo magnetic batons with Moon, and to hug him, cos he's clearly a giant teddy bear, I hope all is going well for him in Italy... and to talk muchos jazz with su and mark from the burgh and robbert. My only complaint was that I totally failed at keeping any australian slang in my vocab, which was dissappointing.

There was much talking of crap with colin and decland too and I felt bad I couldn't repay them more for letting me stay and stay extra in their flat.

So thanks for letting me teach, and it has reinspired me to learn some thing other than a chest roll and a thumb stall with a ball... grin

Meg

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
The honour was ours, Meg. smile

Was wicked to have you there to play with too.

the week was intensely brain melting, but oh so worth it!

There's a trailer up in anticipation of the official video for those that would like more idea of what went on...

Be Water My Friend.

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Learning_To_Cook
the week was intensely brain melting, but oh so worth it!

Intensely brain melting, thats an understatement...
My brains still not solidified =P

Was great to be there! =D Great to meet you all and will see you all again for more brain melting goodness... =D =P

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.