Forums > Introductions > cool in Corea...Maine...yeah, it's cold here.

Login/Join to Participate

GlitterTitsCorean Spinner
34 posts

Posted:
So i'm Tori and i live in Corea, Maine. I just recently graduated from the University of Maine in Machias and i managed to snag a degree in Recreation and Tourism Management with a specialization in Park Management...which is just a really long way of saying i've got a degree in board games and summer camp.
I enjoy belly dancing, whitewater canoeing, down home bluegrass music, singing, swimming, backpacking, throwing popcorn at people, moosen, building fires and ice fishing. I'm currently addicted to The Infamous Stringdusters, Barefoot Truth,and drumming my fingers on things. if i had to choose, I would pick Nutella (but i prefer crunchy natural peanut butter)
I started flinging poi (i didn't really know what else to call it till today...and it kind of stuck.) a year and a half ago, i was working at an FFA camp in upstate new york and a visiting advisor gave a fire dance show one night, it was the awesome-est thing ever and i decided i had to get me some of that. so i ordered a set of juggling ribbon poi off of ebay, and i've been plugging at it ever since. Everyone at the camp thought i was nuts and had a good laugh the first week, cause i must've lost about a trillion brain cells...but i did get better. I'm not great, i've never seen anyone one else fling poi and trying to glean stuff off the internet can be quite a challenge. But i'm getting there. I look forward to connecting with some other people who are flingin' out there!

So i'm a fairly down to earth, head in the clouds kinda girl, looking for some yoda master of poi to save me from whackin' myself in the head too much. hoping i can get some advice and some tips and meet some cool people.

excelsior!
Tori

Fruit don't talk...they listen...and wait.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Welcome Tori.

There HEAPS of info on here, and lots of people willing to help.

Try HERE for video lessons...

Does that help?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
hey tori,

whattheheck, a degree in board games and summer camps? that makes me jealous.. I mean REALLY jealous grin
and don't worry about the brain cells you might have lost during practise.. if you look at spinners like Thomas from Sweden (nevisoul) you will see that even a very stupid spinner is a happy spinner wink

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Hi Tori,
Welcome to HoP

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey Tori. Welcome to HoP. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Tori is one of my favourite girls names smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

34 posts

Posted:
thanks for the warm welcome ^_^

Believe me, if you're jealous of my degree, you'd be even more jealous of the fun i had getting it!! I had classes in everything from whitewater canoeing and sailing to hunting and fishing!!

and it's true, i suppose if i'm happy about spinning, than the occasional whack in the head doesn't get me down, but i tell you what, i hit my ass lately more than anything else!! at least i can't lose brain cells down there!!!

excelsior!
Tori

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Why do you shout Excelsior all the time? smile

welcome to HoP!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

34 posts

Posted:
Excelsior is actually what they call the fine wood shavings they used to use to pack things in. It has also come to mean achievement and victory.

and it's a cool damn word, yo!

so

Excelsior!

Tori 'GT'

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: GlitterTitsbut i tell you what, i hit my ass lately more than anything else!! at least i can't lose brain cells down there!!!

I'm confused. You DON'T keep your brain cells in your ass?

Where do you keep them, then? That's where I keep mine... duck

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I keep mine in a small jar next to the 'pooter.

Along with my sex drive and my sense of propriety.

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

34 posts

Posted:
haha, my brain cells could be in my ass, but more than likely they're in my tits, keeping them in a jar would probably be the best way to go, than we could take them out only when we need them!!

yay!

Excelsior!
GT

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Why do you close your posts with the motto of the State of New York?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
So ive got to ask .... what made you choose your handle?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

34 posts

Posted:
haha, i'm a belly dancer, and i'm real big into costuming and crazy shiny things in general. some of my costumes are fairly revealing and my friends think it's hilarious, i actually inherited the name from my belly dance instructor and it just stuck.

and my tits, they're glittery...duh.

jk...^_~

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
the plot thickens!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

34 posts

Posted:
dude, it may as well be molasses on a cold Maine mornin'!

for a little while the other day it was warm enough to go out and spin some, but then of course the weather changed and now we're getting a load o freezin' rain...>_<
i might as well just store the poi away and admit that they're up for the winter, cause it's only the beginning and it's only gonna get worse!!