Forums > Social Chat > Terrorist Attack on Melbourne????

Login/Join to Participate

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Apparently someone stabbed 2 people on a Qantas flight this afternoon while attempting to crash the plane shortly after taking off from Melbourne!!!

All I've read is whats on ninemsn, does any1 know anything else??????

[ 29. May 2003, 20:50: Message edited by: BurningByron ]

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Yikes thats scary, I know we just got put on alert and liberty secured man something aint right here folks.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
There was a bobmb scare beside me on Friday. reckon there will be many more of these, some of them not just scares

Expect a lot more now that the Americans have revealed Sadaam may not have had any weapons of mass destruction, terrorists will think they are vindicated in attacking.

If you do see a suspect package or someone acting suspiciously, get help.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Do you think this event is isolated or what????
Last time there were definately more than one planes hijacked.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well... the thing is, is there are not more "attacks" or threats, they are just more revealed to the public.

Iraq is a pretty big country, I bet you I could hide a cruise ship in the middle of Iraq and you would never find it!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It's not actually very big, about the size of california and a high altitude plane can photograph miles of country side at a time.

It's not that hard to find stuff.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
from what i caught on the news last night, i dont think it was a terrorist attack, just some nut job.

i'm sure they'll be plenty of info online about it now tho!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Some nut with sharpened chopsticks.

I guess they get through metal detectors!!!

So much fire, so little body hair...

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
So does this mean they wont let people use chopsticks to eat food on planes now!

BAN THE CHOPSTICKS!!!!!!!!!!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ban planes. That'd fix their terrorist ways....

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
but then I wont be able to see your fuzzy fraggle face c@ntus!!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
does C@ntus have a fuzzy face??

I actually heard today that the attack was made by a disgruntled Qantas employee.

Thats rather sad actually, because the two ppl that got seriously hurt were also employees.... seems wrong somehow.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
yesh that whole terrorist on plane thing today was scary. heard it on the news as i was pulling into work.

when i came home flicked on the news and there it was... one poor fella with his head all sliced open with many stitches... and a girl who had been bashed.

the guy was tryin to get into the cockpit but the 2 flight attendants stopped him... with a wooden stake as a weapon.

also, he wasnt a qantas employee... he worked sumwhere else... dont remember where, (mebbe they are connected to qantas? i dunno...) but hes facing life imprisonment (and so he should!) and is goin into court today or tomorrow...

kinda scary really...

thats all i know

[edit] i jus heard on the news after i pushed post... that the terrorist went to court today for attempting to hijack a plane and 2 assault charges... and he will go back in august (why so long???)

and he was an I.T dude... btw

[ 30. May 2003, 23:53: Message edited by: SpArKiE ]

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
apparently the IT dude had alotta personal probs in the years and months leading up to him.
Apparently he was a real nice guy before he quit his job.
I doubt that he was a part of a terrorist organisation - his company's name wasn't 'Microsoft'

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Funny. It's not reported on CNN.com but on BBC it is.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I thought they said they were modifying planes to make the cockpit unaccesible from the passenger compartment? After 9/11 it's absolutly disgusting that they haven't done this yet. It's bad enough they didn't do it before 9/11 let alone now. I get so pissed off when governments would rather take away our civil rights but won't do anything about actual security. 9/11 could have been prevented if they didn't slack off on security after the 70's when the hijackings stopped happening.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
you gotta remember that this is Australia (I think it was even a domestic flight, but I am not sure). Australia has not had terrorist activity on its soil. As a country, we are incredibly naive and inexperienced when it comes to these things.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...