Page:
ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
What do you Dream about?

Do you remember your dreams?

I must admit, its not often I remember my dreams. When I do they are usually vivid enough to stay with me for a few days or years. I think there are a few reason for this. If I smoke before I go to bed for instance, I usually wake up groggy and with no memory of my dreams. If I dont get enough sleep, or indeed to much, its the same deal. I guess it also has to do with your sleep cycle. If any of you guys would know more about this I would be very interested to find out.

Im very interested in lucid dreaming also, and have had some experience with this, it seems to me that there is some kind of link to astral projection here too though I dont know alot about it. I was facinated when I read Carlos Casteneda and the Teachings of Don Juan. There are other methods and I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this?

What do you dream about? Are they recurring? Is it the same dream or is it theme that is recurring? Are they always different or ramdon? Any particular dreams stand out?

For as long as I can remember I have had flying or floating dreams, it usually involves me running to or from something. I may be with a group of people or running from a group of people or maybe even alone. The destination and content are very variable, some are scary, some are fun. The theme is always the same though. Running, jumping, bouncing, floating. Over buildings, off the tops of high stairs or walls, black flips and somersaults, always in slow motion always with a sense of adventure, good or bad, and a journey into the unknown. I was never caught either.

I used to dream about conflict where I would get into a physical fight with someone and would be unable to hit them. My fist would just slide off in ultra slow motion before it connected. Very frustrating. This went on for years until finally one night I had a dream about man driving a car that nearly hit me. He got out of the car and started shouting at me, I promptly floored him with a good solid punch, I also woke up at that instant and shouted Yes! and I was so happy I threw my arms up in the air. I havent had a dream like that since.

Last week. I dreamt I was a super hero. I didnt think I was a super hero, but I had a sidekick.. I was creeping around a very large ruin looking for the bad guy. I saw him just before I woke up. Straight out of a marvel comic. It was at night, all I saw was his dark outline. I wasnt scared either. I was hunting.

More than any other dream. One that I had about five years ago has stayed with me more than any other. I dont really remember what I was dreaming about. I was in bed with my - then - girlfriend and I woke up screaming. I didnt just scream though. I was lying flat on my stomach and I jumped clean out of the bed and curled up in the corner in a ball. A complete quivering wreck. I wouldnt let anyone touch me or so come near me for a long time. Pure terror, it took a ages for me to calm down and recognize the people in the room enough to get back into bed and I didnt stop shaking until I fell asleep. To make matters worse, when i woke, the rabbit got out of its hutch downstairs and decided that would be a good time to go for an adventure. He was scratching on the bedroom door and every time I heard it I nearly jumped out of my skin. All I remember was that I was in a forest and was approaching a big tree. I was looking around the base of it. Thats it. Nothing in my life has ever even come close to scaring me that much.

Please feel free to share your dreams here. We dont need to interpret them for each other, I think that is something personal for all of us.

Love is the law.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
wolfie... that's just weird...

ok, i had a really scary dream this morning, my dad (the biological kind) who i haven't seen in years was engaged to his long-time partner (who's evil, even in real life) and they were having a party for said engagement and the partner invited me, she seemed to be being nice about it, so i went, only when i rocked up it just ended up that they were chasing me and some random slave-girls around the house, and torturing the slave-girls in some pretty grousome manners... well when i think about it, they weren't really that grousome but they seemed it at the time...

err, they were gonna put rubber-stamps on one of the girls tummies... so i put conditoner on her tummy and told her not to scream cuz it would hurt less that way...

ok, that's weird...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Ok, I had to bump this up, and for good reason, because, last night, I had the weirdest dream ever.

I dreamt I went to this abadoned bar, only, it wasn't an abandoned bar. See, zombies were spotted, and people were hunkering down. Me, I just had to go get babyfood for some reason. I went out to buy a case of Buckleberry Cobbler from Gerber and got stuck out when everyone locked down.

But, there was this great building on the end of a corner. The signs were all weird, but there were people at the door calling me to come in, sit tight, have a pint, and wait for this whole thing to blow over. So, I did. They let me park a white Hyundai Sante Fe in the back in a fenced in lot with a steep-as-can-be incline.

Then, we went inside, which looked less like an abandoned bar and more like a frat house, where I was introduced to someone going by the name of Doc Lightning who looked 21, with blonde hair, and was completely the opposite mental image I've had of Doc Lightning. But, he knew me, and knew my forums name, so I figured all was good.

We watched football games in what had once been a downstairs bar but was now a living room. When the zombie attack was over, Dream-Doc-Lightning invited me to go the aquarium... so I went. Dream-Doc-Lightning was trying to explain a universal theory of poi relating to otters when I woke up.

I went to work this morning, still thinking about it and scratching my head.
confused

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I had a dream that the society had collapsed due to a cataclysmic disaster I can't remember. No government no police, no electricity just chaos. But from out of the chaos, a large group of superpowered humans or mutants emerged from the wreckage of the world to proclaim their offer of helping fix the world and make it better place including advocating 60s-style 'Free Love' (presumably to repopulate the earth.

I myself developed the spider-man's organic web-shooters and took full advantage of the free-love movement.

Until I discovered that it was a select group of mutants who orchestrated the natural disaster in the first place and the preaching about free-love quickly turned to highly degrading sex-slavery.

It ended up with me teaming up with another group of mutants who didn't believe in the emerging dictatorship so we planned bring the ruling party down with a combination of our powers and using sex-slavery as infiltration to bring down the superpowered despots...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
er, neon sir... that's a little disturbing.......

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Tell me about it! And that's the stuff I COULD make sense out of and dared to remember...

I'm sure a shrink would have a field day with me...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
wow... that's cool, neon! I want your dreams... biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If you want to wake up an hour earlier than planned and a nervous wreck afterwards then go for it!

Another dream/real life blur was that I told myself that when I wake up that I shouldN'T accept 'reality' as real but a projection by the mutants to keep me sedated...

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i want to sleep so i can dream

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I had a wierd one this weekend, while I was having a nice lie-in.

I dreamed that I went home for christmas and my mum, my sister and one of my aunts was there. My mum and my aunt wanted to score some weed and my sister said she knew someone we could pick up from. We had to go down through a sewer system/underground tunnels to get there, but we got lost, so we kept re-emerging to the surface in different houses and everything looked a bit like Victorian times. Then I woke up. Wierd.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
I dreamed a cat bit my big toe and wouldn't let go, so i had to kick it against a cabinet till it died... It was really graphic and freaked me out big-time!

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
total nightmare last night, woke up screaming, scared the crap out of my cats, myself and my roomate. Took hours and hours for my heart to slow down again and me to stop shaking. I hate that dream.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
If you thought you were caught in a nightmare, what would you do to get out/wake up?

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Close my eyes. Always worked whan I was a kid. Now I manage to be lucid often enough to get out of half of the few nightmares I have, and not bothered by death enough to put up with the others.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Nightmares? I don't remember them when I have them, but my boyfriend looks for the light switch (in the dream), if he can find it and turn the light on he wakes up.

I had a wierd dream the other day that I was on a boat with some old friends I haven't seen for years, we were fishing and catching sharks and it was somewhere vaguely tropical. Then we cooked the shark meat and ate it with rice. I guess it wasn't really that wierd... I think I was stoned in the dream as well, people kept looking at me and saying I looked spaced out.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

3,556 posts

Posted:
i dreamed my car was on fire, but it was miniture and i was holding it in my hand...
today my car smelled funny

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

yashyamember
25 posts

Posted:
i dreamt i was teaching my boss about imbedded data in maps, and he didin't understand what i was talking about at all...

which is unsurprising as i work in a restraunt...

... learn to swim ...

3,556 posts

Posted:
i was buying tailed fire poi from a local merchant and my supervisor from work was telling me i was crazy

Faith

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Had one last night where I was in a big, glass-fronted house that looked onto a beach. There was some kind of party on the beach and a couple of mates from Uni were there. I think we were trying to score drugs.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I keep haveing this dream that me and one of the guys in my platoon are sitting in front of my apartment in Houston,TX getting drunk.(mind you that I don't live in houston at the moment.) While we are talking, The scene changes from the porch to the F.O.B. I was on in Iraq all the while my friend is still talking like nothing happened while I'm sitting there loking around bewildered(sp?).The scene changes back to houston. I get out of my chair and start yelling"What the "f" is going on." and my friend just looks at me like I'm crazy. While I'm yelling the scene changes back to Iraq.My friend then tell's me that I've had to much to drink and to sit down.While he's talking the scene changes back to houston then I wake up.
I always wake up wondering WTF!

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
When I was young I used to have nightmares about a monster in a cave and the common something's chasing you (usually a serpent or gremlin), but you fell like ur not moving fast enough.
Also recurring dream that I was a girl, all jokes aside, ha beat you to it tongue ; I've more recently wondered whether it could have related to past life.
Flying one, but had to take of on a slope like a hang-glider and couldn't gain altitude straight away.

died a couple of times, first 1 was after watching kill bill vol 2 and devils advocate in the same night, then dream't got shot in the head, second was from free fall, must've gone sky diving without a parachute or something silly.

Only had Lucid dreams a few times, something about a clock wasn't right, also another 1 that I don't really remember the details of but, something terrible happened, and I thought this is so not funny and if it's a dream I wanna wake up; and I did.

Havn't smoked for about a month and the other night after reading the first page of this thread n a couple Lucid dreaming FAQS, I dreamn't that i had a smoke and was then really annoyed with myself because it was going to stuff up my chances of dream recall n lucid dreaming techniques ubblol

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I just drifted off to sleep while trying to read... I awoke with a start about 10 mins later, and was in the middle of dreaming, so for a change... I remembered!!

...but now I forget... shrug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Been geting this one about 3 times a week now..

Am on the train tracks, for some reason or another, I've been pushed on there for example, or I've climed down there to pick something that I've dropped.

And then a train comes. And the amount of fear and panick I have is immense, its horrible frown

The train hits me and I wake up, with that feeling of "eurgh which way up am I?!" arms and legs flailing until I get my balance..

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
I have precog dreams smtimes although i dont relise it till it happens like strong feeling of de ja vú a few weeks back i had this long dream that i remembered all day freaked me out so i had to write it down because i have a strong feeling it may happen and i wanted to prove to myself that i had fortold it and more i wanted to disprove it cos my Grandad died in it i write it down in a load of bullet points here it is the whole dream seemed to be my journey to army training which i start in jan
Journey to Lichfield

Grandad dying waiting to c him
when I finelly get through hes happy we shake hands
a necklace with large square stones on it the string breaks
I find a textile store walls of rolled carpets workers rude I go upstairs and sit at desk
Women brings me a drink theres a hair and a power adapter init
I leave
Wood thrown down hill
Im on train it stops and I don’t have long to get to Lichfield
I have to go across the town to a different station
I walk at first but as the station comes in site I run
I notice im next a large coast theres a shelter above me like a giant bus stop
Im running along promenade
Almost at army base
Theres a lt corp I cant see his rank at first he has a pile of army clothing in front of him on floor he hands me a pile and says move along
I come across another checkpoint theres dotted lines on the ground im suddenly in a buiding an asian docter comes out a women she’s to do my medical
She takes me into a room it looks like my old school lab but its got machines I don’t recognise she tells me I need to go back and get something frm the lt corp
He hands me two pairs of socks
I go back to the next checkpoint theres now a load of recruits waiting there I walk past them all I know im first when I get to the end of line the asian women is back

Im back in a building Grandad is in the next room still there he dies theres people all around on platforms all are lined up perfectly a fanfare
25/09/2006 00:56:23
the time and day i write this down

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
a hair and a power adapter in your drink? if that happens, you know it's not deja vu.

baddersSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
I'm still reeling from a heartbreaking breakup and every night I dream about my ex and his new girlfriend even though I haven't got a clue what she looks like...

random and also really crap

I may loose people. I may even loose my mind. But there's one thing I never loose....and that's the beat!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
ja that's crap... hug's for badders

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
i haven't been having many good dreams lately, they've all been pretty vauge cuz i've been stupidly tired from working opens.

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
i dreamt the other night that a dog sneezed bright green maggots onto my arm.

not cool.

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
I had a weird one the other night. I was standing in a swimming pool with some other people I didn't know and they started doing that thing where you blow air out through your nose and sit on the bottom of the pool so I did at as well. I ended up laying on the bottom of the pool and I realised I could see perfectly normally underwater. I was watching what was going on above the surface from below and everything felt really peaceful until I started to feel like I needed to take a breath which was when I found I couldn't move my arms to push myself back up to the surface, they felt really heavy. I started to panic butthen the peaceful feeling came back and I swung between the two as I tried to get up from the bottom of the pool then woke up. The weirdest part was for the first few seconds I was awake I couldn't move my arms in the same way I couldn't in the dream. I could feel ny head on the pillow, the bed under me and the covers on top of me but my arms still felt heavy. I ended up sitting bolt upright and breathing hard with my arms and shoulders shaking as if I'd been doing a lot of exercise. Freaked me out for the rest of the day.

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
I dreamt christmas the other night. I got my clubs, i was happy. Now i get to do it all over again in 11 days biggrin

I had 5 dreams in 6 hours of sleep last night.

Woke up at about 5am and felt really awake.

Normally I sleep for up to 12 hours and still feel knackered.

So i went for a firey spin while it was still dark.

Its been a weird day so far.

confused
EDITED_BY: Twiggy (1166430182)

Page: