Forums > Social Discussion > Melbourne, Australia rentals?

Login/Join to Participate

Ry_CanuckMaster of Mediocrity
25 posts

Posted:
Hey, I am in Melbourne and looking for a place for me and my girlfriend. I know of Gumtree but does anybody know of good places to find apartments and such to rent. So far all I get from Gumtree is people from Africa with much gladness, who are all pastors and the keys to the flats are in Africa answering. I will get around to renting those flats just as soon as I finish sending my money to all the Nigerians who will deposit millions in to my account and I get to keep a good percentage. For a small fee of course...
Thanks,
Ry

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Have you tried www.allhomes.com.au
They seem to be pretty good and have lots of good search features.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey ry, i have had great success at the rental noticeboard window "Readings" bookshop, Lygon St, Carlton. It's a pricey neighbourhood but in my experience you have a chance there of finding share-house savvy professionals (25+ Yrs)
good luck and lemme know if u help mate.
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hiya!

As a long time local here, and having goen through the process of renting a new place just recently myself... I'd have to say it's a pretty tough market.

Notice boards you can check if you want to share house:

The Veggie Bar - Brunswick Street
Friends of the Earth - Smith Street
The Fruit Pedlar - High Street, Northcote.

If you are looking for a place on your own, your best option honestly is to go into the real estate agents, and ask for whatever keys they have to open properties. After six months of house hunting through realestate.com.au and most local agencies, I got offered for 2 flats, both of which were ones that I had collected the keys for and filled in applications straight away.

Best of luck to you! smile

Flynt

Currently on the right side up of the world.