Forums > Social Chat > any one know where scotland is? NYC to reply only!

Login/Join to Participate

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
bluecat asked me to post this.

do chemistry teachers generally have no snese of direction or geography? simply for the reason you associate us as living in england.

we're in a different country. its north of england, got lots of hills and castles and loch's and a hugh amount of fire festivals including Beltane here in edinburgh.

as i read in your post somewhere on the board, that its expensive to fly to england?? thought i was about the same for internal flights in he US?

and if you do come we want you to bring girlie so we can watch you tango the night away on the meadows surrounded by 60 fire spinners.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
[Sarcasm begats sarcasm.]

Perhaps you should learn how to read before you write something.

I never mentioned Scotland. I never confused it with England. I never associated you with the English as clearly you have trouble both reading and writing in proper English.

Nobody ever PMed me and said they had room for me in Scotland or that they'd find a place for me in Scotland. Only the lovely folks in London did, which, if my geography is correct is in England.

Please leave me out of your nationalistic inferoirity complexes.

(Oh... and how much would a round trip train from Edinburgh to London run mid summer?)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
we just assumed you'd come and visit anyway(the space is there

(about £50-80) (depends on advance bookings
(cheaper to fly if you book early enough)

kind of like the fact that we have "hugh fire festivals"

who is this guy hugh?

just that we were sulking cause you kept mentioning england as a fiery mecca.... and we are filching them all to our loverley city....

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"You catch more flies with honey then vinegar"

I already asked who's got a place to stay. And got snubbed by Scotland in a previous thread. Maybe if I get a decent offer I'll reconsider.

And 1112, where were you a few months ago before you were back in Edinburgh? I forgot...

Still have an open couch in the greatest city in the world. (Though the #54352 greatest firespinning city in the world.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If you go to scotland say hi to my little sister Dibs? she's easy to recognise (and if you're pretty enough she's just plain easy).

And give nancy a hug for me? You'll recognise her her she'll be the one that thrusts a snake at you.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
yeah i know the title states
quote:
NYC to reply only
but I can't read. Ask Flynt if you don't believe me.

Meh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:

its true, he cant. i cant read either.
C@ntus can spell though!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bluecat:
we just assumed you'd come and visit anyway(the space is there )

how does that constitute not an offer?

would you like me to go down on my knees and beg? and where were you snubbed? let me go and rectify immediately....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
NYC can't read very well either.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK...

I'll consider myself invited. Unfortunately, the chances are becoming slimmer that I"ll be able to actually make it up.

Can't you guys all just come here? I'm sure we've got better pizza.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
BTW...

"Theoretically we technically have space if you do happen to show up"

Isn't the warmest invitation.

(Streching the quote only a little bit )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
HEY PUNK!!! NOW I REMEMBER WHY I THOUGHT YOU LIVED IN ENGLAND!!!

Because you did!!! You started the 'Sheffield' thread in Events and Gatherings.

Yeah, I know your signature says Scotland NOW but it didn't before.

And don't get me started about how many of you think that Pele and I hang out because we both live in New York (400 miles apart)...

I may be dumb but I ain't stupid.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mildly grumpy though aint he?

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
a brief history recapped:
poiinthepark, i started back in december 2001 when i was living in sheffield and just been spinning for a few months, then suddenly there was a whole big comunity gathering.
yeah sheffield is located in england, i'm origionally from leicester [unfortunatly for me] moved to sheffield to be with my now EX girlfriend Sarah, left here and my 4 babies, moved in with Mushinkato or just kato as some of you will know [col3 featured with jo derry] and also my girl nat and katos old house mate millie.
had to leave there, life was shite, te POOKa offered my a part in the refractions show so i took it, but along with that came the hassle of having to relocate.
my status for many months was sheffield and edinburgh, but since i left sheffield and now live in edinburgh its more appropriate to correct this as i no longer have to commute to rehearse for the show as i had been doing for 3 months.
now i live with Mineiro/bluecat or Rob as some may know him as, nat and also steve, steve is the crazy contact staffer from media such as messy, therees move vids that are not going to be put online so you wont see them unless you camer to visit.

so anyway cheer up grumpy pants, life cant be any harder than mine is right now.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'll be the last to complain about my life. Aside from the weather, a cold, and normal daily crap from living in New York, my life is awesome.

I liked this thread better when you all were just teaming up to call me geographically stupid.

Gotta run off and teach... Organic chemistry... how exciting...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
aaaah carbon!!!!!

(did anyone mention i have a chemistry degree?)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i like to teach organic poi moves myself, but props to the chemistry buff's [cat may be included]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
So your saying that a flight to England is like $150??? And where is your seat, in the wheel bay?

Do you need a cardboard box with holes cut in it or something?

Sorry, I just finally looked into this post, I still cant believe that you can get a flight there for so damn cheep!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think i would rather have inorganic poi moves... so much more variety(and i got better marks in this one)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If I could get a $150 trip to Scotland, I'd fly out this weekend.

Hell, I'd pay cash.

I agree with the Inorganic love... as long as it isn't P-Chem... cuz that stuff hurts.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]