Forums > Social Discussion > Keith from Guildford (Burnt Toast)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Sadly, Keith Stower who many of you know passed away lsat night.

We wasn't a regular on here, but I know several of the UK spinners knew him from various meets.

Details to follow, but for now please send your thoughts and hugs to Em, his family and friends.

We're having a special Thursday night meet in Guildford tomorrow, and anyone who knew him is welcome to join us.

A true friend and a wonderful man.

I tried to find a suitable photo, but there wasn't a single one when he wasn't doing something un-suitable.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Keith was such a beautiful soul - fantastic and lovely and funny - and this news has been such a terrible shock.

Keith and the gorgeous Em had been living in Dublin for the past couple of years and during that time made friends in the Dublin spinning community (I know Cameron is gutted).

This has been in my thoughts all day... that someone I was in contact with yesterday is not here today. It's unreal. Terrible. But my love and thoughts are with Em...

I'm sending love and support to her today and for each difficult time in the future... you know we're here for you if you ever need us.

Since they've been in Ireland, Keith and Em have done some fire work for me too (Keith was supposed to be performing in the Guinness building tomorrow), and they led the Dublin St Patrick's Day parade in March - I have a good pic of that which I'll try to upload soon - he's not being too inappropriate smile

We have all lost such a lovely person, and a great talent frown

Best wishes for your meet on Thursday... I'll be thinking about you all.

Take care,
Clare
X

Getting to the other side smile

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
This is really sad. Couldn't have happened to anyone less deserving.

You will be sorely missed, Keith.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
On the few occasions where I had the (mis)fortune to meet him he was always very nice and accommodating when I was travelling through. He was lovely and pleasant. Shame really, I feel like I've missed on his, full-strength java c*ntiness which has now passed into legend. smile

I actually feel quite sad that I don't think I'll ever get the chance now. frown

Last time I saw him was at PLAY festival. He had a warm glow and was nice. peace (again. Dammit I'm missing out!) mad

Affectionate use of a certain four-letter c-word wouldn't be the same again. frown

Peace mate. (Give 'em hell up there devil)

hug hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
frown Such sad news I met Keith a few times and he always made me laugh, my thoughts are with his friends and family hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
cry

See you tonight. I'd give anything for the circumstances to be better. This week is f*cked up. or maybe I should say c*nted.

frown

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
very sad to hear. Never a kinder guy have I met. He will be very sorely missed.

i have a pic or two from just before the paddys day parade Clare that I will try and dig up.

Mark

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
frown Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. He was such a lovely person!

hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

KneelSILVER Member
journeyman
80 posts

Posted:
i only just heard the news and im sorry to say i didnt no him better.ive seen him at the dublin meets quite alot but i really only properly spoke to him the other week. lovely man,my thoughts go out to emily,the family,and anyone else who knows him.
its a true loss and he will be missed

-Niall-

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I've typed and erased paragraph after paragraph..
nothing seems right to say..

my life has lost a part of it's richness..

Keith (you c*nt) you will be in my heart forever - I shall never forget you.. - bless you and your bendy arms..

Em - I'm so sorry, words fail me.

all my love - Niki

https://www.burnttoast.co.uk/gallery/Fire12.jpg

EDITED_BY: _Stix_ (1225360057)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
frown gutted. I love Keith. he's awesome, so funny and bright and caring! How is emily doing? frown

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
My thoughts go out to Em, Keith's family and everybody who is gonna miss a really nice kind gentle sarcastic amazing guy.

frown

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

em, me and keith after the big burn at the secret garden party, one of the happiest times ever smile x

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I've just added a pic of Keith to my gallery.

He looks a bit unimpressed with carrying a large flag the entire length of Dublin... I think you know what he would say smile

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19768

Getting to the other side smile

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
A familiar face, though not someone I knew.

Very sorry for all who knew him frown

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Massive love to Emily, his family and all the loved ones mourning his loss, the ripples spread wide from only a small stone dropped into the ocean of life, especially true for Keith. Generous, loving and genuine, one of life's true lovely people who deserved to have so many more years to enjoy himself in.

cry

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
I really cant believe it..........

like really cry

See you guys 2nyt.

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
cry grouphug
i won't be able to make it tonight but i'm hugging you guys in spirit, and smoke one from me, in honour of keith. hug cry

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
heres a pic as i always remember keith smile smiling smile

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/2987301646_d15654e867_b.jpg

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
My god i cant believe it!!!

Please any news on how this happened? I will be coming tonight

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm confused by the whole thing. I dreamt of him just last night and, realising I hadn't seen him for ages, looked him on on facebook today. I sent him him a friends request just hours ago. Then, not long ago I got a message from FNF telling me of this...

I'm really stuck for what to say. I was very fond of Keith. Didn't see him any where nearly as often as I would like to. He was clever and witty and always made me laugh. I had a whole lot of things I wanted to say but my mind isn't coping very well with the news and I've forgotten all of it.

My heartfelt hugs to all.

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Oh no frown

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Im so sorry to hear this. All our love from Brissie to Keiths family, his partner Emily and of course you guys, his friends.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm speechless
It shocks me how often these things happen frown

Bamsiclenewbie
38 posts

Posted:
For all of those who didn't make it to Guildford last night, it was amazing. It was so fitting and the spirit and atmosphere would have done him proud. We had a massive burn off in his honour, and there was loads of lanterns lighting up the whole river.
I know this is a horrid time for all, and the pain will not go away quickly, but I hope that everyone takes solace from the fact that he was adored by many and last nights events proved that beyond belief.

I don't try to be strange, stuff like that happens naturally...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Indeed

Huge thanks and hugs to everyone who was there either in body or spirit.
A suitable amount of abuse was dealt out, we played some metal, floated some lanterns and had a good size burn - though there was still definitely a Keith-shaped hole there.

hugs

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
..poignant moment for me..

.. watching a floating lantern that was going up stream on it's own.. against the law of nature..

whilst the others floated towards each other and slowly set off down stream together..

love to you all.. we may not see each other often - but you are always in my heart.

Go Toast - you wonderful bunch of slackers.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
last night my toast burnt- even in my posh new toaster will got for me which makes sure your toast doesn't burn. I reckon it was a sign from keith burning my toast tongue2 hug xxx

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
It wouldnt surprise me that he's still orchestrating mischief Jo laugh3.

I will put up the pictures of last night on facebook bit later on

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Pics are up https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38906&l=3c844&id=500122678

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
the pics love lovely will, thanks for posting them. I wish I could have made it frown

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Page: