Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
did a search but nothing came up.
so, i feel really weird now so i wanted to post this to see if others also have these kind of dreams

the dream I had last night was about the old lady next door. I dreamed she had died.
When I told my Mom this morning she gave me this really weird look.

Ten minutes ago the doorbell rang and that old lady's great grand son was telling me that she was in the hospital, in case his mom was looking for her.
I was like is she alive? and he said yeah, she just broke her leg.

Thing is, i very rarely remember any dreams i have and now this. At least she's (still) alive (in the dream i was so bummed because i really wanted to see her again).

Has anyone else dreams that you then recognize in real life?

Why?

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
constantly...
ok, not constantly, thats an exaggeration. ive actually noticed i get them when im stressed and agitated (lately: during a move from my life-long home across the ocean)
ive tried to read books and figure it all out, but it faded once i got comfortable and i feel less interested. it kinda freaked me out..
hope she feels better!

It aint broke...It just lacks large amounts of duct-tape!

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
another one just like that -
was supposed to see a friend (and go to harbour and pick up my crate of stuff) and this lumbago hit me very painfully today so i wasn't up for a five hour drive and shlepping 381 pounds of stuff so i left her a message that i won't make it today.
she just called me back and told me she had a dream about me last night where she called me and it said on my (nonexistent) answering machine that i wasn't able to make it today.

well, it's just these communications across the ether. happens fairly often with people one's in tune with but something like today just hasn't ever happened before.

Don't know how the great grandma is doing now, this only happened this afternoon but i definately gonna go see her when i can.

Why?

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I get those dreams sometimes...Mostly in dejavu(sp) forms. Sometimes I will get a hunch about something or a feeling (spider-sense in the words of Dio). Most of the time it turns out correct but sometimes it doesn't. It really depends on how in tune you are with your innerness. I listen to the lil voice in my head when something is up. I can't really think of a specific thing that came true at the moment, so I will have to get back with yall on that.

Most of my intuitions are ways of letting me know if there are cops out running radar and where they are, weather specially if it goes severe I can feel it and sense if it will be bad in my area.I also for some reason had a dream about working for a siding and windows business, and coincedently I have a job interview with a window and siding place manana at 10am! I just got the call a few minutos ago. This may mean I have an opportunity to apply and don't get the job, or I do get the job. Won't know exactly what the dream means until after my interview.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I usually do find that dreams have some relation to my waking life... freaky. Especially when stuff happens later...

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I have dreams that come to pass about a year after I have them usually. It's weird, it's happened multiple times now, and only in the last few years. Like I had a dream about a cookout at a friend's new house, a year before they got it. I know where my next speeding ticket will be, probably this coming Fall semester by my University. And I've also sort of been guided into some of my interests by them too... for instance one time I had a dream where I found a work shirt with a name badge on it with the name "GARDNER" engraved. About a week or two later while at work I was reading a Wiccan book someone lent me to kill time and came across the name as an author of one of the first published Witches Book. Led me to read quite a bit of the subject because of that dream...

Which I really hope means the dream I had about levitating last night is a premonition too.

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
that's really interesting. really love hearing about other people's weird dreams.

have you ever been recognized by people in who's dreams you've shown up? that's really strange.
I like what the Aborigines (sp?) have to say about dreamtime and such. any Ozzies or Kiwis who know more about that?

Why?

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
'lil report on great granny - she's out of the hospital and doing fine, no broken bones.
but she says she wants to die finally (she's 98, her sister 103!). can't really blame her, her family is not really taking care of her properly so the neighbors drop in to take out the trash and cut her fingernails (yikes).
tellin ya, no fun to be so old when your caretakes don't give a damn.

Why?

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
apparently death in dreams isn't ness. a bad thing it can mean birth and renewal, like your starting a new faze in life.maybe you should pop round and see her you may have something to offer eachother, and thats what the dream was all about?!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
i did, she doesn't recognize me. i still pop in tho.
got a nice connection going with her great grand children.
death/rebirth-yea

Why?