Forums > Social Chat > mIRC thru trillian, how do I set it up???

Login/Join to Participate

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
I've never used mIRC before, and I have the trillian program, can anyone tell me how to set it up for our IRC channel??

cheers

shaun

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Within Trillian, the grey button should be a free IRC channel. Roll your mouse over it to see (a label should come up).

When you click on it, a menu should come up with the option "connection manager" at the top. This opens a box with a list of files on the right. These are all the servers you can join (or at least the most common ones). If you click on one, it should show up in the left hand servername window, and give details of the port. When you have set this up and connected to it, you should click on the grey button again. This time choose "join channel" from the menu. This allows you to choose a particular channel within the server.

I don't have the full HoP details here, someone else can supply them, but it will allow you to create a connection to the server, then join the HoP channel.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
The details are server name: irc.newnet.net Channel:HomeofPoi

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
which port should I use? 6665 always fails, I never get a connection...

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
there, I cannot help you. 6665 usually works for me. Then again, I don't use IRC much

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
6667 is the default irc port, but most servers accept anything from 6660 to 6669. if you can't get it to work, use

server: irc.eskimo.com
port: 6667

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Thanks for this thread. It reminded me to install Trillian and then I learned to hook it up to IRC.
Cool!

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson