Forums > Help! > Still no Play refund..

Login/Join to Participate

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this- but the truth is, I'm getting a bit fed up about this- I've emailed, PMed and even send texts to every address, name and number I had for everyone who seemed to have anything to do with the festival- but I still don't have my refund- in fact, I've not had a single response of any kind.

Am I the only one? I mean, it's October.. it's getting a bit silly.

So... can anyone help? Am I missing something? Does anyone know who I should be talking to, and how I'm supposed to get in touch, if the reciept reply email address and the one on the Play website don't seem to have anyone answering?

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey champ, i recognise that you are having difficulty in communicating with PLAY - but is naming and shaming them on a public forum that they don't control gonna get them to pay you sooner?

this sucks, i hope this all sorts itself out soon, mate!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I've tried every method they gave me of getting in touch, and had no response- but I know some of them do use this forum, plenty of people know them- and so far as I know, they don't even know there's a problem. So yeah, I do think it might speed things up.

I could have posted it in the Play thread, like the other people 2 months ago who hadn't had their money back- but I doubt anyone would bother checking a thread for a cancelled festival from over 3 months ago, so I started a new one. shrug

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure i got mine back...will double check and get back to you.

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I got mine, but only after having to back someone up in the other thread by admitting I hadn't had mine either.

It's sad that we have to resort to this to get it back, but it did work for me and I did get my money. I hope this is sortedout soon for you.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
I never got mine back, but I had kinda assumed by now I wasn't going to, as I'd rather lose my £35 this year in order to play to happen next year.
That said I may give them an e-mail and maybe see about getting it back

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Turns out i didn't get mine back.... frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello Everyone

I want to put this to rest asap.

There are around 10 people yet to receive refunds. They are all people who we can't refund by the (stupid f*cking) paypal system. I sent out an email some time ago requesting bank details for all those affected of which most replied and refunds were made via direct bank transfer.

Admittedly I haven't been into my email for a few weeks and looking today it seems an old filter has put lots of them into spam (my computer illiteracy once again and I've now killed them all off....I hope! lol).

I will send the email to the few remaining non-refunded people again today, if you can reply with the details requested in it I will send the payments asap. If you didn't receive it in the first place I'm at a loss on that one unless a detail was keyed in wrongly into our system.

The last thing I want is disgruntled patrons, we love you all far too much for that!

p.s. anyone using 07974494991 as a number won't get through as we've lost the sim card but we're currently battling with Orange who aren't being very helpful in getting us a new sim on the same number or letting us transfer the number to a new account or even putting it on forward to a different number. (grumble grumble)

Dunc
xx

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
wow! super quick response.....1 done already! smile xx

I love that banks send money direct instead of the bullshoot clearance system. The money was in their account before I'd even hung up the phone! Ain't technology marvelous ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
We all still love you Dunc hug

You just better have a festival for us next year or else! censored

wink

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
Hey, don't know how regular dunc checks HoP, i know i am far from regular. But can anyone who knows him better then me ask him to get in touch with me as i am still waiting for my refund for 2 tickets.

I have sent him my details in a PM but again im not sure how often he checks here so if somone can poke him for me i will owe you some hugs.

huggles
Spike/jay

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
BUMP anyone

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Someone can help this chap out surely! Waiting from what, July!! to November!! for a refund would be terrible.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: newgabeSomeone can help this chap out surely! Waiting from what, July!! to November!! for a refund would be terrible.

yep i know, its getting a bit silly now. I appriciate all the hard work that went in to play, and the effort it must have taken for them to sort out refund. but i need my xmas money so i can buy presents as im short this year.

Spread the word and somone give dunc a kick up the arse

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I've dropped Dunc a text so I'm sure he'll get back to you soon enough smile

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SeyeI've dropped Dunc a text so I'm sure he'll get back to you soon enough smile

cheers mate.

hugs

I have tried the numbers i have for him, but i know he had sim card issues.

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly