Forums > Social Chat > Silly things you've done for someone you have a crush on

Login/Join to Participate

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
We've all done some silly things to get the attention of someone we like.

I took up running last year and I hated it, but I ran because I could be reasonably sure that a guy I worked with and was 'crushing' on would be at the park at the same time as me (he was pretty athletic and he lived a few blocks away). I would run the longer route to the rivertrack (it was pretty much down a big hill from my place, 5 minutes down the road) But I would go through his neighbourhood which was a route where I went through 2 football fields, 2 playgrounds and it added an extra 15 minutes. It was a really silly thing to do because he turned out to be arrogant prick and I couldn't see how much of an arsehole he was!

I never saw him. And even if I did I probably would have been to shy to talk to him anyway in the state I was in (completely buggered!) But hey, I got fit pretty fast at least!

Another story, I once wrote to Seth Green professing my love. I was about 14. A couple of months later I got a signed postcard saying 'Thanks for your support!' I look back now and can't really understand what I was thinking at the time!

redface

Go on, I'm sure there are some crazy stories out there!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

DarkenAvatar of the Dancing Fire
59 posts

Posted:
I literally just threw my entire life away for a girl who lived with me.

I fought and lost for the girly.

And now im homeless.

But a wandering fire artist is an artist nonetheless, no fears.

Though the girly was like them all and dissapeared when it got hard.

Figures id offer my home and life to someone, only to find them to be severely immature.

Forgive the post. Im WAAAYYYY drunk, and i recieved very sad news RE my girly tonite. Ie, she is one of those smack-talkers i so avoid.

Fun fun.

If relationships belong on homeofpoi, boy do i have stories. "/

Love yall.

Night.

-Darken

"if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

-Golden Rule

"F*ck you. I spin fire."

-Darkens 3rd law

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I never did anything... I was always just the friend... always there, never chosen.

Now the girl I crushed on through all of high school crushes on me, but she's just a friend now. Funny that...

I did actually do a subject in year 12 I NEVER would have done unless it was for her...

I supported her through her relationship with a friend of mine (who happens to be a dick and he and I don't speak to anymore for more recent reasons) Other than her, I've never really had to chase anyone... been pretty lucky in that department... the girls I've wanted have just hurled themselves at me for some unknown reason...

I've never considered how lucky I was in that department...

I remember when I was 12... I was walking in a large group and a girl had a thing for me... I was unaware... I was walking at my own pace, which is quite fast... I've got long legs... and she was talking to me about how she hates how slow everyone else walks and how refreshing it was to walk alongside someone who walked at her own pace... She had to do a little jog thing every now and then just to keep up. That was funny.

When I was 18, on schoolies (I think thats spring break?) Its after year 12 was all done with and it was basically a drinking session down at the beach for a week grin

I wasn't feeling in a great mood one night and decided to relax by having a night in the dark in the hotel room with classical music cranked up quite loud... My friends went out and had met down at the foreshore a group of girls that were staying at the same resort as us, just downstairs, in fact.

My friends aren't really the type to make a move on a girl... But anyway... there was one girl, she was the loudest and the pushiest of the lot, had tried to get me to play a good number of drinking games that to be honest were quite dull, so I had opted out of the games and instead just sat drinking and talking... this aggravated this young lady and she was really quite getting on my nerves... but one of my friends was quite taken by her.

I had been playing with a stuffed panda that whole trip... I used to play with it in class, too. I could make it run, it actually looked pretty funny. So I was making it run around and jump off the couch and stuff like this and was having a cracker of a time.

This girl was later upset by one of her friends who was being a real bitch in a way that wouldnt make sense til you'd met her.

So I spoke to her and my heart softened a bit... Later that night she had begun to take a fancying to my panda... she named it "Geneva" (as I had forgotten what I'd named it... I have too many stuffed toys... and I tend to name ants, chocolate frogs and other assorted items I come into contact with)

That night she was sleeping on a mattress I'd hauled up from my room downstairs (Everyone wanted to crash in the same room just for fun.) And I was sleeping on a very uncomfortable couch... I did however make it look much more uncomfortable than it really was... thankfully I didn't have to endure it long, as I was offered half of her mattress.

This began a relationship that lasted two and a half years... and would have lasted longer if a series of events hadn't torn us apart.

Lol, sorry if that was a bit of a ramble, but I thought I'd extend it to "silly things I've done and other people have done in order to get the attention of the opposite sex."
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1224077109)

hug

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
i learnt to juggle.

grin

(didnt work)

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: roarfire

Another story, I once wrote to Seth Green professing my love. I was about 14. A couple of months later I got a signed postcard saying 'Thanks for your support!' I look back now and can't really understand what I was thinking at the time!

haha thats so wierd love, cos i did the same thing! and got the same postcard! but they sent me 2, and i could tell that it wasnt actually signed by him, just a run of postcards because the writing was exactly the same dot for dot - and there was a little cartoon seth on it too yeh? hehe, aaah celebrities. but hey man seth green is still rad.

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

MuckySILVER Member
Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
227 posts

Posted:
I took up poi! I'd seen some firespinners before, but I never really considered doing it myself, but my crush was one of those girls who's good at everything, does yoga, and all kinds of artsy stuff.... So I figured what could be more impressive than beautiful patterns of fire?

It worked!

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Can not think of anything offhand.

Toned down my nutsier side a bit I guess. Was not too bad a trade-off, even if other events conspired against us....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Add me to the 'took up poi' list..
Was staying in a hostel (for 3 months) run by a fire spinner who said he had a real thing for girls who span fire...

Hewas sort-of-just-about with another girl though, (who actually taught me quite a bit of poi) they were on the process of getting together when we met.. they have a kid now..

At least I got some l33t skillz out of the deal..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm sure my friends can think of some...

Not an invitation! laugh3
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1224112086)
EDIT_REASON: disclaimer

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Hahaha.. a few things I've done.

The latest is join a fire dancing troupe...
I had been invited into the troupe but was too busy with Medicine and organising a conference to put in the time... but after my friend joined and started fangirling about the awesome troupe leader, I had to go see for myself. Soon enough I was going to troupe practice anyway just to oogle, and I thought "well, I seemed to make time for practice, I might as well join."

He was dreamy... dark skin, dark hair, perfect height... gorgeous smile...

And it paid off! wink

Two years and going strong.

And I guess if we break up I can say he abused his 'position of power' and win millions in the sexual harassment case. tongue2

WiccanChicaThe wee little one on the block
147 posts

Posted:
laugh3 When I first met the guy I just broke up with I always had to be hurt somehow. It sounds absurd but he was the kind who LOVED to help everyone with everything and so I always had something for him to help with.. A problem with my family, a problem at school.. more often than not though it was a sprain... Ha ha I was such a hypochondriac smile

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
On a couple of occasions with people i thought could have been the "one" i gave away my wild side (drinking, drugs, partying) everything cause i thought that would seal the deal.....

It doesn't. By the way i now have the best woman in the world and i haven't had to change a god damn thing. That is true love! wink grin

Love you baby!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: keyarghahOriginally Posted By: roarfire

haha thats so wierd love, cos i did the same thing! and got the same postcard! but they sent me 2, and i could tell that it wasnt actually signed by him, just a run of postcards because the writing was exactly the same dot for dot - and there was a little cartoon seth on it too yeh? hehe, aaah celebrities. but hey man seth green is still rad.

That's crazy!! Haha. Yes! It was just a printed one and it had the sketch on the inside with a speech bubble...that's really bizarre! laugh3

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
"bought" them for a date with 2c found on the floor cleaning up after the party we met at... (I mean come on - that's pretty lame right??! laugh3 )

spent most my savings on air fares to go and visit her...

lotsa crazy, stoopid little things...

but something worked - she married me tongue2

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

CoRaySILVER Member
Hoopy Frood
16 posts

Posted:
Ha ha ha! Okay, so there's this girl that I've had a thing for for quite a while and I have a short list here of the things I've done.
1. As lame as it sounds, it all started with me making playlists of my music and giving them to her (I'm a HUGE nerd about the music I listen to).
2. Bought her a ticket to a punk show for valentine's day, but I just think that that is kind of awesome smile
3. Okay okay, the list could be huge, but I think that the funniest thing happened a couple of months ago when she told me that she was going vegetarian. Naturally I figured that the best course of action would be to go vegan, which I did, hahaha. Of course her vegetarianism lasted about a week! But I'm still vegan and happy about it, now I do it for the animals and not a silly girl.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Sherlock Holmes

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: CoRay(I'm a HUGE nerd about the music I listen to).

I dont think you have to be a nerd to make playlists for people... I love making CDs and stuff for people. I get a short list of songs they think epitomises their style and I put together a CD of what I think they'd enjoy based on that list. I do it for anyone, friends... family, family of friends, strangers I met on the train...

I LOVE my music and I love spreading what I believe to be good quality music.

hug

CoRaySILVER Member
Hoopy Frood
16 posts

Posted:
Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one, but it should probably be noted that I've made at least ten different ones for this girl, hahaha.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Sherlock Holmes

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Tens not a huge number, I've made dozens for some of my friends, depending on their interest in music and how well adapted to my tastes they are... obviously the amount of music I've got that they don't know of factors in, also.

hug

Ry_CanuckMaster of Mediocrity
25 posts

Posted:
I quit my job that I had worked at for one day because if I continued working they would have me work the upcoming long weekend. And it was her birthday and I wanted to go and visit her for her birthday. So, I did and borrowed a couple hundred dollars from my parents to afford the bus ticket out there for the weekend. Of course all her friends told her that I was in love with her and I got the yer jsut a friend speech. So, that kinda sucks but I convinced her that her friends were crazy and we are still friends so its ok. And some drunk girl tried to make out with me on the bus b4 she got handcuffed at the front for trying to get off the bus. At nite... in the middle of nowhere.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I remember I made a 'book' (a folded over bit of cardboard) called 'Aimee loves Gordon' when I was 6, with a story and pictures on the inside about our future life together, and gave it to him during handwriting class. He called me names and threw it in a puddle at playtime laugh3 laugh3 laugh3

Don't think I've done anything since then to try and win a crush over. I've never been much of a 'crush' person, especially as I've got older.
Most of ex's have been friends beforehand, with things happening almost by accident.
I learnt very quickly that crushes would almost always leave me dissapointed!

For my birthday last year before me and Simta had got together - he bought me the most beautiful leather bound sketchbook.
It was so lovely and had been exactly what I'd been looking for at the time! Perfect paper thickness and texture too ubblove
I knew he was crushing on me for a loooong time before I finally said yes to him, and feel so bad for not saying yes earlier as I was totally missing out!
Love you Sim kiss

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I stayed in Oxford, didn't move to London and a better job, didn't go travelling, all for a lady I had a crush on, just on the off chance that she could maybe possibly be a little bit interested.

Now we're totally in love and I couldn't be happier!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Interesting how the silly thing seems to work out reasonably well or is a complete pig's ear. And in about equal quantities too.

Is there no middle ground really? Or am I misreading and generalising horribly.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

BleddynBRONZE Member
Sure you can play with my big stick.
30 posts

Posted:
Awell time for a head bashing of the wall again.

My last girl was perfect, i mean she was everything i could have wanted and so so much more, anyway we had been together for 2 years and 8 months, she was 4 months away from going to uni and i made a choise, id spent the last 4 years training to do a job that i had 1 chance of getting but it would mean leaving her... so instead i took a job close to where she was going to uni and a month befor she goes to uni, she dumps me and hooks up with a mate of mine... i think its enuf to say i had a tear in my eye that day.

ever since then iv just refused out right to let a girl effect me that much again, and i feel sorry for any girl who ever want to cos shes got alot of work to do befor ill even let my gard down.... end line... relationships suc

"Is this the bit where you run off for a burn to calm down"
"Hello???"
"argh you have gona already"

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Oh i also wrote a song for a girl that i liked back when i was 17 i think. All 4 versus with chorus (to the tune of "longest time" by billy joel) I then sang it for her with 4 friends doing back up vocals for me.

grin wow

She loved it too!!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i was interstate and i posted an envelope full of balloons to her for her birthday, but she wouldnt blow them up til i was with her grin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

CoRaySILVER Member
Hoopy Frood
16 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr Majestiki was interstate and i posted an envelope full of balloons to her for her birthday, but she wouldnt blow them up til i was with her grin

That's not silly; that's just awesome!

-Sherlock Holmes