Page:
(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
Hiya,

i saw X men 2 last night, and thought it was great, i just have one question...

what was the shape in the water of the final scene???

the very very last scene, a shapey\shadow thing was in the water, i couldnt make it out cause my eyes were tearing over the ending...

umm, and did she die? im thinking that was what the shape was all about....

does she die in the comic???

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I asked this a long time ago but got no response, so maybe I'll have some luck this time.

Is anyone familiar with a website where artists will take pictures of swimsuit models, nudes, etc, and use graphics editing software to airbrush them superhero costumes? I have been looking for this site forever and have been very frustrated with my lack of luck.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
what are you locos on abot? did i see a different film?
that was crap, yes it had its moments, but it jsut didn't work as a film. and thats because it should remain as a comic. some comics can transfer, but this is too fantastical, too marvel 1950's morals to work in modern cinema.
The openning scene with nightcrawler could have been done so much better if we HADNT SENN HIM, look at Alien, that scared the crap out of me, why? because we dont get a good shat of it until the last 10 minutes when its already killed everyone!
i do give praise for the script writers, in some respects for the fact they did a good job transfering to film, i tried once, but it failed half way through. Someone on here mentioned humanising the charecters as a good thing, maybe, but they are super heroes, lets not forget that this is fantasy, and i was hoping to see some sweet kickass scenes with charecters other that wolverine (cyclops, iceman, rogue, what happened to the flying? why couldnt she have done the super sapping before the movies?) also, why didn't ice man freeze the lake? or Xavier use his power too help?

Sorry but i was sorely disapointed, the best thing about that trip was the Matrix: Reloaded trailer.

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
The characters are at different stages relative to each other than they are in the books. Yes Ice-man in the books could freeze a lake. However, Ice-man in the movie is only now learning to use his powers so he couldn't.
Prof X does not have any powers to help with the water at the end. Telepathy is his only power and water isn't influenced mentally.

They showed Nightcrawler at the beginning so we would know it was him. They weren't going for spooky, they were going for special effects.

I agree about seeing someone else fight. I would've liked to see someone do something during the SWAT invasion. Maybe Kitty Pryde phasing, then punching or something. Use Ice-man to freeze the bad guys. Rogue to steal some gun skills then shoot the other SWAT members. Heck, they had a school full of mutants. They should've kicked the crap out of that little SWAT team.

Heck, the only person Cyclops shot was Jean.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Well true fans are never going to be satisfied, as we would like everyone else to be able to explore the full range of the story line as we are familiar with, but that can't be done in a 2 - 3 hour time slot. The good thing about X-Men is there is such a plethora of stories to pull from, where do you begin to introduce new comers to an entire UNIVERSE that exists across MULTIPLE comic lines? Remember, we are dealing with the Marvel Universe, not just one comic series. In theory, even Hulk, Spiderman, and all other Marvel comic movies tie in too at one point or another.

Rouge had to kill (Well, put into a coma) Ms Marvel while under the influence of Mystique to gain her awsome powers. She seems a little young for that right now. Give it a movie or two. The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants has basically already been hinted at with Toad / Sabertooth, and now we have Pyro (Blob, Avalanch and Quicksilver next maybe?). If they are going to do Phoenix, I would suspect they would introduce the Hellfire Club. More than likely we're looking at a Dark Phoenix movie, and then the fourth would be one of the cooler options for badies, say Apocolypse (Oh I want to see that one) or a Mr. Sinister / Cable / Havoc & Cyclops story. Brood and Lilandra is possible, but again, we're looking at movie going audiences... that storyline, though important to the comics, will most likely be skipped for lack of interest.

And now that we have the beast introduced, will we get to see a Virus (Forget the name, its been a while) movie? But that means they would have to cure it in the movie... or maybe the realease of the virus could be a consequence at the END of one of the movies, as a sort of "lesser evil" type of sacrifice?

So many possibilities... I'd love to see what they have planned. Oh and Nightcrawler was sweet, I don't care what you say, they did that perfectly. That is the way he works in the comics too. I liked the forshadowed moment between him and Mystique too... wonder if they'll reveal that next movie...

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Personally I think they should introduce the Sentinels. Watch the XMen work as a fighting team. X2 was a bunch of plot and Wolverine fighting. If they want to do that, then have a Wolvy movie. I want to see Cyke blast a hole, I want to see Ice man freeze, I want to see Colossus throwing a car at a giant robot! The Sentinels are one of the most dangerous villians in the XMen. How cool would it be to see those on the big screen. Cars breaking under steps. It would be cool.
Besides, if they go with the Cartoon into of Jubilee, it may be a cool scene. A Sentinel ripping up a mall, Jubilee getting introduced, and the seasoned XMen kicking some metal butt.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Xirtammember
37 posts

Posted:
Well I finally saw it. And I loved it. I wanted a fun movie and it was. The quick peeks of other mutants, Colossus, Beast etc. just had me bouncing up and down in my chair hoping for more or to at least see more of them in another movie. Also Peter Wingfield aka Methos turning up as a bad guy soldier made my day. (Sorry I'm a Highlander geek and Methos is my favourite immortal) And I did like that they brought Nightcrawler's faith into it. That's the way he was in the comics wasn't he? He lived in a monestary right? Sorry, I never really read the comics, just watched the cartoons.

And Daddy! They took my boot!

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
DUDE.....
PYRO, WOLVERINE, NIGHTCRAWLER ARE THE SHIT!!!!!!!
nightcrawler is so cool...
*makes teleporting noises in a vain attempt to re-create the illusion of nightcrawler teleporting*
i loved the first part where he attacks the pres.
and ripps it down hard on the security ass!!!!!
then pyro going all kik ass on the man...
*makes an "en-flaming" noise, and waves hand in a cool motion pretending to be pyro*
and then wolverine doing the whole beserker attack on those wussy infiltrators!!!
*Pretends to whip out claws and proceedes to performing wolverines "Berserker" finishing move.. and it rocks ass*...
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
that movie makes me want to visit "alkali lake"
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
My favorite part is still (after seeing the movie 3 times) when Storm and Nightcrawler are speaking on the plane and she says to him "sometimes anger can help you survive" and all he says in reply is "so can faith". I found that to be a very profound statement.

Has anyone else observed the overt comparisons this movie makes to events that have taken place in the last couple years?

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
BTW did anyone else notice any other teasers put in the movie.

Aside from the Beast on TV and Remy Labeau in the computer,I also noticed the names Tom Cassidy and Jamie Madrox in the computer as well.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
that was a good part...
the storm/nightcrawler part...
but my favorites have got to be all the wicked awesome fight scenes,
i.e...
nightcrawler against the pres., wolverine against those people breaking into the school,
Kittie Pryde running through walls (she is so awesome) ...
and pyro against the police..
i also like the part where the little kid sticks his tounge out at striker...
i wish i had a tounge like that...
lol...

[ 12. May 2003, 04:37: Message edited by: LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan) ]

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

chilipeppermember
85 posts

Posted:
Going to watch Xmen 2 for the second time 2nite...it really is a good film...going to watch it with my mate this time...last time saw it with the scientist and trippy...i like watching movies more then once, u get to see all the parts u missed the first time!!!

Chili Pepper

High Class Hippy #5'One day i WILL own a VW Campervan''i'll sell a liver, u can live with just one, cant u?'Jebus...Jebus

Page: