RandomHiJynxstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know what I mean by this? I mean the balls that you see some performers stand on and move about... I'm not sure what it's called, though.

I am looking into getting into this type of play, and would love to know either how to make or where to possibly purchase one. Any ideas?

-Jynx

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Walking Globes.... you can get them off many websites such as Firetoys and oddballs although i havnt checked them out in a while maybe dube as well

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

RandomHiJynxstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Awesome! Thanks. grin

-Jynx

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
yeah saw some awesomebess in circque du solei dralion last week - also saw a guy do it on a bowling ball at melb fringe a few weeks ago, which was rad.

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yup it is called a walking globe. You can buy them of a number of circus equipment websites around the place but unfortunately they cost a lot of money to ship because they do not collapse and to make matters worse as a beginner you want a larger globe as they are easier to use.

here is some usefully information about learning.
https://community.simplycircus.com/tutorials/equilibristics/index.htm

Though i would really encourage you to try and find a circus school that teaches walking globe before you try and teach yourself. Firstly it will mean you get a chance to try it out and see if you like it before you blow all that cash on a globe but more importantly walking globe is actually a really dangerous thing to learn. It can and has resulted in many broken bones and having and experienced spotter or even a safety to help you will greatly reduce your risk of being hurt.

Good luck and be safe. smile smile smile
Blue!

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

RandomHiJynxstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the info! I do log-walking, and love it so much. Hell, I almost got fired from work because I was running it all along the ware house as I was working. I also do stilt-work, so I am used to taking hard falls. >.<

Circus schools are difficult for me to try and get into, mainly because my parents disapprove greatly of my love of fire and circus-y arts. frown

But thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to heed it well.

-Jynx