4LeafCloverSILVER Member
Never confined to a single belief
32 posts

Posted:
No, this is not dirty in any way. So anyways, I was watching Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and Gene was doing a promotion for his comic 'Dominatrix' so he was actually taken to a dominatrix 'place', whatever they are called. He was taken to get the full experience, and in one of the clips, it showed a dominatrix-person doing a Two Beat Weave with whips on his back.

I was pretty surprised to see poi moves familiar with strippers, I guess we have some sort of a connectionhttps://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/grin.gif

I know of poi moves with yo-yos. But if there are any strippers here ([Old link])are you familiar with moves like these? Also, has anyone ever seen poi moves outside of actual poi?

By the way. I will try to find a video of that Gene Simmons clip, 'till then, faretheewell.

May the Centrifugal Force be with you.

::Ignorance Is Bliss

YayuToasty Monkey
19 posts

Posted:
The way I see it, as long as you play with two swingy things you'll eventually get to stuff like this. A 2bw is basically 2 figure 8s (and spins if you wanna add that in), so if you know how to do a f8 in each hand than why not with both?
Nunchaku, whips, bastons, babies, small umbrellas, I've seen it all done. (well not really)
Stamp me wrong but I doubt poi is the first thing people have swung in pairs in the history of man. wink

Oh and just to add, a long time back flipping through channels I saw a stripper with some club/stick poi. (correct me if wrong please) She's not the best I've seen with them but that was a combination that I've thought I'll never see. laugh3

Ryan Started The Fire! It Was Always Burning Since The World's Been Turning!

4LeafCloverSILVER Member
Never confined to a single belief
32 posts

Posted:
Oh, I know poi is definitely not the first form of similar moves. But it just makes me wonder, do strippers actually know that as a 2bw or no? It does not surprise me that other people swing things around, but rather that they are actually doing poi.

May the Centrifugal Force be with you.

::Ignorance Is Bliss

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: YayuStamp me wrong but I doubt poi is the first thing people have swung in pairs in the history of man. wink

Strong call but possibly so. Unfortunately the records can't be dated exactly, so it'll never be certain whether it's been Poi or weapons like the Nun-Chuck... You'll get away with it wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

YayuToasty Monkey
19 posts

Posted:
Haha my guess would be a pair of cavemen clubs but it's about as good as yours.

Originally Posted By: 4LeafCloverdo strippers actually know that as a 2bw or no?

I'm sure this one does (No actual nudity ahempastiescough and m...e been warned.)

heh, sorry if I sounded like I was belittling your knowledge. I tend to get carried away grin

Ryan Started The Fire! It Was Always Burning Since The World's Been Turning!

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I'm sure none of the people watching her in the video cared one bit about what she was doing with her hands. Buncha perverts!

=)

I think also, when you go to college to become a stripper, one of the courses you need to take is Poi - 101.

You know, the basics. How to spin both poi forward at the same time, and how to spin them split time, etc etc. =) hehe