Forums > Videos > Ju spinning @ DragonCon 2008

Login/Join to Participate

justmajorsGOLD Member
bleeeeeeeeep
10 posts

Posted:

Glowsticks on my friends poi at Dragon Con 2008.

EDITED_BY: justmajors (1223655887)

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Don't tell me they have a rave at Dragon Con too!?

I guess Comics, Roleplaying, Furries, and Cosplay makes a perfect transition to raving.... *shrug*

You know, despite having been to tons o' cons I've never been there, how is it?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlay
I guess Comics, Roleplaying, Furries, and Cosplay makes a perfect transition to raving.... *shrug*

well yeah it does. do you think the characters you play as in rpg's wanna sit around in a room or go out to some rave and get liquored up, perfect way to unwind after a days exploring n fighting.

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

justmajorsGOLD Member
bleeeeeeeeep
10 posts

Posted:
Overall the event is pretty fun...if you are into the scene. This was my first one and i'm not die hard into games, anime, etc, but some of the panels were interesting. It was fun meeting people, dressing, partying, etc as well.

The "rave" was ok. They played industrial goth style music which isn't my favorite genre of electronic music.

Overall the event was fun!

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: simta well yeah it does. do you think the characters you play as in rpg's wanna sit around in a room or go out to some rave and get liquored up, perfect way to unwind after a days exploring n fighting.

That's funny because of how many "bar" scenes there are when my one DM runs.

"Ok, you finished your adventure and you head back to the Inn.."

heh

When I was at ConnectiCon there was a Rave... it was Ok music, and they had the glowstick vendor right inside the room, I betcha he made alot of cash.

All in all though, 80% of the ravers were under 15, 10% were over 50, and the other 10% were somewhere in the middle.

I'm not even going into statistics about who was clearly selling, and who was clearly ON something.... *rolls eyes*

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Oh, I don't mean to sound like an ass with the age thing, because I don't care how old you are as a rule.

You're only as old or as young as you feel and all of that...

All I'm saying is that it was kind of creepy with a bunch of 12 to 15 year olds dancing and a bunch of weird old guys standing around watching.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: meshunderlayOriginally Posted By: simta well yeah it does. do you think the characters you play as in rpg's wanna sit around in a room or go out to some rave and get liquored up, perfect way to unwind after a days exploring n fighting.

That's funny because of how many "bar" scenes there are when my one DM runs.

"Ok, you finished your adventure and you head back to the Inn.."

heh

When I was at ConnectiCon there was a Rave... it was Ok music, and they had the glowstick vendor right inside the room, I betcha he made alot of cash.

All in all though, 80% of the ravers were under 15, 10% were over 50, and the other 10% were somewhere in the middle.

I'm not even going into statistics about who was clearly selling, and who was clearly ON something.... *rolls eyes*

id say that problem is because of the laws surrounding alcohol in the states. its easier for these kids to get access to those things.

im not saying 15-yr old kids in the uk dont take drugs. recently a friend of mine went to a festival that he said was amazing apart from the fact that there were too many teenage kids on drugs.

the problem is that its nigh on impossible to be able to think/talk about those issues without your personal prejudices shaping what you see.

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
True enough. My personal prejudices are.... weird though.

I think certain drugs are better even than drinking alcohol.

I've never been a fan of drugs or alcohol though, but only because I like to be in full control over my mind and body.

Plus it makes juggling a little shakey. =)