Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Haahaha leg stilts.
Thats why you're so tall!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
this coincides with sunday twirling, but flame was thinking we could have twirling here instead. i'll be driving, if any non car type people want a lift, cos i'm not sure how easy it is to get to by public transport.

Written by: flame

Hello fellow twirlers
You have all been invited by the many local re-enactors group to come and help be part of the celebrations for the new royal baby of our Australian princess: Princess Mary. They will be having lots of festivities through out the day but at 5.30 they will be shooting fire arrows out into the ocean with a big bonfire on the beach with the hope of being followed by some firetwirling . I am told there will be big media coverage of this event with nearly every channle coming to shoot it. If you are interested please pm myself and i can pass on Sandy's information who is organsing alot of the vents on that day or just rock up at:

177 Beaconsfield Parade
At 5.30

hope to see u all there!!

1,803 posts

Posted:
Ive fallen in love again!
With myself.
Those who were there last night know that now i have to be completely self obsessed because i'm a *MODEL* mwahaha
So i insisted:
"My penis is bigger than yours"

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
arg! i be a mighty fine pirate...
you're all out playing and having fun, and i'm still at home. exams are evil. but maybe if i'd started studying a little earlier than say, um, today, i could have come spinning. but next week i shall be free. free i say FREE!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Hey all... Are sundays Still on???
Where are they again?
How do I get there?
I know (before you all say it) I could look around about I'm just posting wuickly amidst my tight VCE study regime... I hope to rock up to quite a few gatherings after my exams have ended...
Cheers devil

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey moka.

sundays are on every sunday, across the road from the 'spiegel tent' and arts centre, look for the three palm trees and the hammer throw statue. we start around 7-7:30 ish.

you can get there by catching the train to flinders st. then walking over swanston st. bridge.

on a less happy note, i may not be able to come this weekend frown

hug hug hug

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone! Haven't seen some of you in AGES! Stupid year 12!

My last exam is on the 14th but unforunately it's a Monday so I can't come next week! I should be there on the 20th (and i'll stay for ages this time!)...but be warned...I might just take my video camera and make a lovely lil' sunday twirling video (because I'll have nothing to do after exams!) so everyone be there and everyone be prepared to be on camera! smile

Miss you all hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
oooooo video yaaaay! as long as im not on it im sure itll be good hahaha ubblol

hug me!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
looking forward to seeing you roar smile have you got accommodation for the night? depending on what time i'm working the next day we can maybe work something out if you haven't organised anything smile

a few of you guys might remember (i know you were there talex) a few weeks back there was this great conversation at the end of the night about bringing a communal spin off can. cos i live so unbelievably close to public transport, and i'm there most weeks, i can bring it, if someone makes it. i think there was talk of a tarp being brought too, but i may have made that up. i was just looking at fire blankets from juggleart, and that wouldn't be a bad idea to bring too.

just wanting to open it up as more than a passing conversation smile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
You too hun!

I've mentioned it to my brother and he doesn't really know what he's doing that weekend. I'll keep the offer in mind and get back to you closer to the date. Thanks miss myco! smile hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i have a fire blanket at home which i can bring, im there most weeks too.

unfortunately, i cant come this weekend, exams start monday.

see you all soon hug hug

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
any chance of a monday meet on monday 28th november, lex and i shall be in melbourne after melbourne earthcore for monday before heading off to brizzy on tuesday

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
the 28th isnt looking all that good for me, is it possible to reschedual this earthcore thing?

i may be able to come, but not till late... stupid school

hug

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i cant wait to join this thread i should be working in victoria next year biggrin

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Exams are all but over...
I'm gonna be there on either the 27th or the 4th (or maybe even both)... Counting the sleeps!

Cheers, Moka

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
I still plan on attempting to make a spin off can (following these instructions: https://www.thevenue.org/fuelandenvironment.htm
) , i shall do it in a week after all my exams are over (woohoo). If someone can organise a tarp that would be great, 'tis time to stop killing the grass.

An extra meet on the 28th sounds fun, two nights of spinning in a row ubbrollsmile

Roarfire: A video sounds awesome smile can't wait to see you again. hug

Lauz: Join the thread now, but please bring us brownies smile and tell us more about your trip down under.

Moka: damn school like things, keeping people away from fire meets. cya soon smile

In other news, there will be a pillow fight at fed square on sat 19th Nov at 2pm, BYO pillow (more info here: https://groups.myspace.com/pillowmafia
) Come if you have time to waste smile

tAlex

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
just to follow on from talex's pillow fight info, we're attempting to get the world's largets ring a rosey game happening this saturday 23rd at kallinda primary, kallinda rd, ringwood. its starts at 2.30, all you have to do is show up. We need at least 2000 people to get into the record books!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
tAlex: i've got a spare tarp that could become the spinning tarp, but i don't like the idea of carrying around a smelly slippery tarp every week. even if it had a really good carry bag i'm guessing it'd still smell rank on the train.

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
27th and 28th... My first gathering(s) would be a double nighter... *thinks quietly to himself*

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
DOes this still happen? AM in Melburb! smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

1,803 posts

Posted:
Yes
I will be at twirling this sunday and i will be STUDYING FOR EXAMS!
So there wioll be a plain-looking, working, stressed out Sakura scribbling notes down while perv..i mean watching everyone :P

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
How long are you in Melbourne for DSS?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: DeepSoulSheep

DOes this still happen? AM in Melburb! smile

wooop woop woooop! seeya soons bro!!! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
See you all tomorrow! hug

And I don't know about the whole video camera thing happening... I don't have editing software! Unless I go to school with would be silly because I graduated last month!

But I can stay for ages too! I can't wait! smile

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
bring the camera anyway, i have some free (open source) software that works (although isn't great) which could do the job smile

wooo, tomorrow should rock ubbrollsmile I'll try to make and bring brownies (i really mean it this time)

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
maybe i should bake something scrummy too, just to give you a bit of healthy competition talex wink

i also need to clean my house to make it almost presentable for when you stay over roar, so tomorrow may turn out to be a very domestic day *starts humming 'sadie the cleaning lady'*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Talex, cool! We'll see...I think by the time I get there it will be darkish so it might not be worth it.... hug

Haha myco, you don't need to clean your house for me. It's not like I'm the Queen of England or something ubblol hug

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
So is this meet up on monday happening?

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave hi all! so...i know everyone may be a lil hungover...but is there gonna be a meet on new years day...night...???? tongue cos i'll be in melburp!! biggrin *squee* i'd love to come & check out the melburp spin!! if not...then i'll just have to go to leaning house to play instead!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Written by: clarence_quack

So is this meet up on monday happening?

YES...

Page: ......