Page:
ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
What do you Dream about?

Do you remember your dreams?

I must admit, its not often I remember my dreams. When I do they are usually vivid enough to stay with me for a few days or years. I think there are a few reason for this. If I smoke before I go to bed for instance, I usually wake up groggy and with no memory of my dreams. If I dont get enough sleep, or indeed to much, its the same deal. I guess it also has to do with your sleep cycle. If any of you guys would know more about this I would be very interested to find out.

Im very interested in lucid dreaming also, and have had some experience with this, it seems to me that there is some kind of link to astral projection here too though I dont know alot about it. I was facinated when I read Carlos Casteneda and the Teachings of Don Juan. There are other methods and I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this?

What do you dream about? Are they recurring? Is it the same dream or is it theme that is recurring? Are they always different or ramdon? Any particular dreams stand out?

For as long as I can remember I have had flying or floating dreams, it usually involves me running to or from something. I may be with a group of people or running from a group of people or maybe even alone. The destination and content are very variable, some are scary, some are fun. The theme is always the same though. Running, jumping, bouncing, floating. Over buildings, off the tops of high stairs or walls, black flips and somersaults, always in slow motion always with a sense of adventure, good or bad, and a journey into the unknown. I was never caught either.

I used to dream about conflict where I would get into a physical fight with someone and would be unable to hit them. My fist would just slide off in ultra slow motion before it connected. Very frustrating. This went on for years until finally one night I had a dream about man driving a car that nearly hit me. He got out of the car and started shouting at me, I promptly floored him with a good solid punch, I also woke up at that instant and shouted Yes! and I was so happy I threw my arms up in the air. I havent had a dream like that since.

Last week. I dreamt I was a super hero. I didnt think I was a super hero, but I had a sidekick.. I was creeping around a very large ruin looking for the bad guy. I saw him just before I woke up. Straight out of a marvel comic. It was at night, all I saw was his dark outline. I wasnt scared either. I was hunting.

More than any other dream. One that I had about five years ago has stayed with me more than any other. I dont really remember what I was dreaming about. I was in bed with my - then - girlfriend and I woke up screaming. I didnt just scream though. I was lying flat on my stomach and I jumped clean out of the bed and curled up in the corner in a ball. A complete quivering wreck. I wouldnt let anyone touch me or so come near me for a long time. Pure terror, it took a ages for me to calm down and recognize the people in the room enough to get back into bed and I didnt stop shaking until I fell asleep. To make matters worse, when i woke, the rabbit got out of its hutch downstairs and decided that would be a good time to go for an adventure. He was scratching on the bedroom door and every time I heard it I nearly jumped out of my skin. All I remember was that I was in a forest and was approaching a big tree. I was looking around the base of it. Thats it. Nothing in my life has ever even come close to scaring me that much.

Please feel free to share your dreams here. We dont need to interpret them for each other, I think that is something personal for all of us.

Love is the law.

SezzieSILVER Member
journeyman
54 posts

Posted:
I always want to remember my dreams but rarely do. If I do its just bits and bobs! But I have had the common dreams quite a lot - the one where your teeth slowly fall out one by one which I hate and the other where you realise you forgot to get dressed and you're in a public place. Apparently it means I'm scared about stuff and insecure!!

Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it!

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
i used to have these dreams whe i was few years younger:
i used to see something that i didn't like close my eyes for a few seconds imagine tht it wasnt there open my eyes and it was gone!

wish i could have done tht in real life

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I just had my first nightmare ubbcrying

[censored] awful it was too.

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
think the teeth falling out is some sort of castration anxiety well if sigmund fraud is to b believed.my dreams r always bizarre i blame the magic paper but also thank it. my friend merran used to die in all of her dreams poor girl such a moan bag though

spudmonkeyGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
aimee you dreamed you had a cock you sure you were dreaming

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I dont often remember dreams either. When I do they consist of horny dreams and nightmares (the bad ones involve teeth and nukes frown)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

... Aimee: you dare to tell your partner? umm wink Would be interesting to see the reaction, no?

No..I don't think it would have been interesting at all...

Considering who I was with, and whom I was with in my dreams...
Would have been quite disaterous!

Written by: spudmonkey

aimee you dreamed you had a cock you sure you were dreaming

Was that supposed to be funny?

When I was very small, and suseptable to the odd nightmare I used to be able to wake myself up from it.

Reading this thread made me remember I had the ability to do it..

It must have been whilst I was half sleeping and half awake, as my mind was detached from the dream that was happening, almost as if
I were watching a film.
If I blinked really really fast and thought "wake-up wake-up wake-up" for a few seconds, I would smile

I can't do that any more though frown

I've had a couple of dreams that have been worrying me recently..
When I left school I left on a bad note with quite a few people.
I've had dreams 3 nights in a row, which involve either me or them apologising, or us chating as if we were friends again.

Which is really weird as I have no intention what-so-ever of speaking to them again. They're not part of my life anymore and havn't been so for the past year and a half!

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Plane crash last night. An interesting variation on my current crop of falling-to-death dreams.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hahaha! amiee! i had a dream a few weeks ago that i had a penis too!

although in my dream it wasn't so much that it was part of my body, i just had one. it was fun to play with... anyways...

um, yeah, lucid dreaming. i do that, though not intentionally, sometimes i'll just be having this nice dream and then i'll realise i'm dreaming, and i'll start being able to make things happen.

It would seem that i have really vivid dreams, cuz all you guys are talking about vivid dreams that you can remember for days or a couple of weeks. i can remember dreams i had weeks, months and even years ago.

also, i'm fairly sure my sister lucid dreams aswell, cuz we've talked about when you're dreaming and you start making things happen, i didn't know there was a name for it untill recently.

also, i remember my sister and i had the same dream on the same night once, i can't remember what it was about but the next morning she started telling me about this vivid dream she'd had that night and i was like "woah, i had almost exactly the same dream last night"

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
For the every nuight for last couple of months my dreams have been really freaking me out... I've started lucid dreaming.

confused

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
I haven't had a dream for years. What's with that? Should I be worried? confused2

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
@ CM: did you not have a dream, or do you simply not remember your dreams?

Allegedly at least one art out of every order of mammals do dream (please excuse me for not knowing the correct biological terms...) and a so called REM phase can be recognised. Exception is the "spiny anteater" - a mammal that lays eggs. It's supposedly not dreaming, but that may be due to it's small brain.

Also dolphins seem not to dream. Scientists only notice deep sleep, but scientist were surprised to discover that dolphins only sleep with one half of their brain. After one or two hours they wake up and continue sleep with the other half. In the meantime they are giving an impression of being pretty awake and swim around like normal.

Funny, no?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
Lots and lots of dying. Falling, drowning, asphyxiation, eaten alive even instant death from being toutched.. ive pretty much had them all. Almost equal to the amount of helpless slow motion dreams where you cant seam to move.

Recently though i killed someone.. that was a first. I felt really guilty too. Woke up and realised i hadnt really done it, much relief.
EDITED_BY: Twiggy (1161705439)

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Last night I dreamed I had a baby - not giving birth or anything, just carrying this little thing about with me everywhere. Woke up feeling a bit paranoid hoping I'm not pregnant or anything!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
i dreamed i ran out of petrol on my way to work...

no mystery there, the fuel light came on on my way home yesterday...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

cubeman372newbie
6 posts

Posted:
I often dream of my first cat who died when I was 5.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I was going shopping with a lady - for groceries and somehow I (accidentally) slipped the cashier with my entire cart... I tried to get back in the queue, but it was a hastle and in the end simply couldn't be bothered anymore... she paid hers and whilst she was pretty relaxed, I had lotsof paranoia and panick... go figure

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Tea Fairy

Last night I dreamed I had a baby - not giving birth or anything, just carrying this little thing about with me everywhere. Woke up feeling a bit paranoid hoping I'm not pregnant or anything!

Keep us posted

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Last night I dreamed I was elected by poll to be official mistress of a dwarf Hitler look-alike who was hiding in a library.

I have no idea what any of that means.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
cats (kittens) all sleeping on me and my dog running away and my bfs birds pooping and biting me
and then snuggling with bf who turned into ex and then i woke up

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Last night I dreamed that my boyfriend was going to a party with another girl as I was trying to safe the bathroom that was being flooded.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
I keep dreaming that my wedding vows (that we're writing) and pants, and I'm feverishly writing them at the last minute. And that all the people coming to Thailand for our wedding hate it and have a cr*p time, and it isn't sunny and no-one's happy.....
help

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
i dreamt yesterday afternoon that dave knox and cheyne (space cowboy) were in our kitchen calling me matilda, then cheyne steped up behind me and at first it felt like he was just blowing on my ear, but he was sucking the cold air out of me and breathing warm air back into me. it was a lovely safe feeling.
...not too sure what it means, but it was a great dream ubbangel

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Its amazing to read a little of what goes on in other peoples worlds.

Since the start of this thread my dreams have become so much more vivid. I woke up in a huge bed this week so happy that I smiled all day.

Love is the law.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
I had a dream...

It starts where I'm on this Island and everyone I know is there. I start walking to the other side of this Island while everyone follows me, and when I reach the end its this beautiful scene of a beach and an amazing sunset. The water is a silver colour but there is no sand, just green grass. The waves are crashing but so gently. I stand there and watch it with such peace, and then I turn around to someone and say "this is where I want to be one day" and I jump into the water.

When I woke up I started crying because that was the most beautiful dream I've ever had. I didnt want to wake up at all. I havent forgotten about it ever since.

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! I can finally post something in this thread! I laid down last night sometime just after 9pm, I think, telling myself I was just going to rest a lil while... and I woke up @ 5am when the alarm went off... so I got a *LOT* more sleep than usual...

and I remembered 2 parts of my dreams!

1. in the 1st one, there was a furry red, singing and dancing numberplate... (this may sound a lil strange?) I don\'t know what it was singing, but it was reminiscent of a jingle... it was singing and dancing around in a sort of a bouncey fashion... very cool, I liked that one

2. in the 2nd, there was a rally car... came screaming round corner into view... got completely sideways, round heavily cambered corner round the back of the building (I was standing out on the verandah)... moments later, it was coming back round the same corner the opposite direction... while sideways, continued to drift further around heading straight for another car... drift continued till travelling in reverse, directly alongside the other car, which had also reversed direction, the two cars now travelling at speed around the next corner backwards...

I have *NO* idea if the 2 parts were related... and I\'m not @ all into cars, so who knows why I dreamt it? but hey... I remembered!! wOOT!!

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! See...you're even dreaming in colour!!! Major progress!

The first seems to indicate that there is something that you are feeling happy and bouncey about.....

The second could be that you've been feeling a bit out of control and things have not been going in the direction that you would prefer...(do they ever)...maybe you are now trying to back up and regroup so that you can go forward again.

Put them together and you could be heading for a new and possibly smoother faze in your life.

I hope so...you need it!!! hug

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

oO_Hell_Fire_Oonewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I dreamt that I went to school and it had been changed, it looked half like a concentration camp and half like guantanamo jail, with the same orange pyjama-like clothes. I was really glad to wake up, only to find that after all school is a bit like that... shrug

Hermana_del_absurdoBRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
I had this really weird dream once and have had it a few times since.
It's where a group of my friends and me are playing in an old English street then we pull away some posters from a wall and walk into this purple room. I guy in a white suit, throwing his tophat up and down. We walk past him into an empty playground area and walk into a glass elevator. We go up to the top level, which is a room full of TV's playing scary bits from movies. We run out then go back down a couple of levels and go down this slide, which has holes big enough for us to fall through. We run out and try to get out the door but it's locked. There's a button on the door and I press it, then the wall disappears and the posters fall off around us. Then we see this hobo, throwing a deflated football (Australian) up and down. A fox in a tux is standing next to him.
Then I woke up. o_0

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I dreamed that someone had stolen my toothbrush. confused

Page: