Forums > Technical Discussion > whats the deal here??! swivel placement and C2 modules

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dreadpoistranger
16 posts

Posted:
so im quite confused. As HoP being a pretty big and successful poi bussiness, why are they putting the new ball bearing swivels were there not even neccisarry..at the bottom and not at the handle...preventing superduperuber loops (or w/e you want to call them) to be done easily? I would think they would know better.

Also, the new LED glowstick things that are a ridiculous $160, has any one purchased them? Are they really worth that big of a chunk out of my loot? jeeze, i though flowtoys were expensive...

Sorry if this is coming across to you as complaining or spam, but im a bit curious as to what you guys have to say on this topic.

EDITED_BY: dreadpoi (1222745988)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
again poje, another highly interesting and thought inspiring post.. well done to you my friend!

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
confused2

errm - if I may umm

Here we got a newbie to the board and someone interested in a HoP product, raising a question to his concerns, hoping for assistance and hoping to eventually even make a suggestion to improve a product out on sale...

This sentence:

Originally Posted By: dreadpoiSorry if this is coming across to you as complaining or spam, but im a bit curious as to what you guys have to say on this topic. might have been subject of editing, still I can't find any hostility that would be worth replying to.

Swivels near the handles vs. the head - I feel the need to side his question: whatisthebenefitofthat? By the time I do one wrap with the chain around my hand - there goes all the swively benefit... a swivel (IMHOAL) should be either placed near the head - or on both ends.

To suggest a customer to modify his purrchased equipment (hmmm, once and then I like the little typos my lap is making... "purr-chased"...) is... slightly raising my left eyebrow - especially when there is no apparent necessity for a swivel near the handle.

Which is why this lad was asking a simple question... What's wrong with that? umm shrug

Callan did the only right thing here - suggest that they can place the swivel at the other end, if he requests so.

Dreadpoi - you must have caught the lot on the wrong foot, usually we're a very huggy and helpful bunch, when it comes to such questions... relax and welcome to the board beerchug

As to the pricing of products: if you're able to compile the components for a lower price at the same level of quality, you may opt for "make your own" - I personally found that by the time I experimented and finally bought equipment that is safe to use for a LONG period, I might have just as well have bought that equipment from a reliable supplier right away.

Of course it's not the same, as replying "I made it myself" - but after 12 years spinning and a few years making my own equipment I'm as proud to say: "I got it from the best!" Supporting spinners, who struggled many years to turn their passion into profession - and are now on the market with a commitment. Especially here, on this very site - which has been the first that made sense - and a difference.

If you choose to make your own, please kindly provide us with your experience (in the long run). I for my part am always keen on rendering my picture... but most just step in, 'complain' (pls note the '') and then vanish (errm, won't admit that their attempt to make it themselves or to purchase low-fi equipment, has indeed not been rewarded with long-term satisfaction... a good number ended up paying for their experience double the price they initially complained about)

[edit]So, again - welcome I hope you will enjoy this board as much as I usually do hug
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1222884027)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*surely* there still cant be an argument going on in here tom.. through some rather informative posts on the previous page (even if i do say so myself) the issue of where to put swivels has been resolved.. the reasons for the price tag of the C2's has been explained, the arguments have been apologized for, and apologies accepted by others..

surely to continue is to flog a dead horse..

but please, do tell me if i seem misinformed

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

dreadpoistranger
16 posts

Posted:
no argueing at all here...everythings cool.

FireTom, that was the exact post i was looking for. very much appreciated.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: pineapple peteagain poje, another highly interesting and thought inspiring post.. well done to you my friend!

hug

I go where I am needed, and do what i can smile

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I might add that I did see the concentrate C2 poi on the weekend... they are pretty.

hug

Page: