Forums > Technical Discussion > Concentrate C2 light settings

Login/Join to Participate

callan_concentrateBRONZE Member
hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys, we are putting a call out to all to give us some feedback on the settings for our C2 light units. As they have been out and about now for while we are interested in refining the different modes and adding new ones. The current modes are:
1. red, green , blue- fast alternating
2. red, green , blue- medium alternating
3. red, green , blue- slow alternating
4. red, green , blue- supper slow alternating
5. fast strobe
6. medium strobe
7. red- constantley on
8. blue- constantley on
9. green-constantley on
10. red, green, blue constantley on
11. fade in/out red, fade in/out blue, fade in/out green, burst red,
green, blue.
12. fade in red, fade out red with fade in blue, fade out blue with
fade in green, fade out green with fade in red etc.
13. fade in red green blue, fade out red green blue
14. red green blue fade in, fade out blue then red then green
red green blue fade in, fade out green then blue then red
red green blue fade in, fade out red then green then blue
15. random cop sirens

If anyone has any ideas and what we should try or what works for them and what doesn't then let us know.
We are also considering making units with different LED colour combos so the modes dont have to just be restricted to the red green and blue combo.

peace, love and LED's

Callan

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
how about colour bounce fades?

like red to green to blue to green to red
or
red to blue to red to blue fades?

if you have the opposite ends off timed the clolour looks as if it bounces up and down the staff.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Not sure how feasible it is, but a unit with one of the colours as UV would be great. You can create wonderful effects by wearing UV reactive clothes, with the colour changes on the staff making your entire outfit "strobe".

Apart from that I've really liked the settings on the current staves smile

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Will check out UV LED's to see if there is a high quality one available. If so, we will do some testing and let you know

cheers

hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think we can definantley work on the fade settings. You can do some cool stuff with having separate electronics. The fade setting where they overlap (no 12 i think)can be maybe a little slower giving a larger spectrum of colours. Will play around with the "bounce idea"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Are these the current LED units inside your staffs?

Only mine also has white (i.e. all LED on) which isn't mentioned in the list above umm

In terms of additional settings:
More colours - without going over-the-top, just more "basics" e.g purple, orange & yellow/
"Bounces" as mentioned above - e.g. strobing different colours but repeating x-colour alternately (e.g. red-white-blue-white-green-white)
Strobing single colours (r/b/g)
Cool noise when you turn them on/off grin

Personally I don't use any setting that fades out, especially if it then fades in again - it's just too long without bright light...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Hey Durbs the question is in regards to the current units inside the staffs.
The white setting is listed as no 10 r,g,b constantley on.
I will play around with different colour combinations by both adjusting the LED intensities and also with different colour LEDs.
The fade settings can be played with so there is more overlap giving less dull patches.
Interested in the noise your unit is making when it turns on and off. Havent heard of that before. Glad it sounds cool though

Also thinking about producing another unit more desinged for performance that pumps out a lot more light. This obviously will drain the rechargable battery life from about 4hrs to about 1.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ah no, as in a nice addition would be a cool noise when you turn it on/off smile

The reason I asked about the white setting is that I find that with setting 1. white appears in the colours, where as setting 2 it doesn't which wasn't mentioned...

I found that the rechargable batteries it came with lasted 20 minutes tops, where-as new single-use batteries haven't run out yet. Maybe i got a dud set?

I much prefer rechargable units, so i'll try another set of batteries - unless you fancy a subtley re-designing the unit to be wall-chargable? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
good to hear the noise was only a suggestion. I take it you re-charged the batteries after they went flat? We trickle charge them before they leave the factory but sometimes it can be months before they are actually used. We originally designed the unit with a built in circuit that charged a rechargebale aaa but ditched it as it made the unit larger. Using a permantley fixed smaller battery was an option but it meant the unit was restricted by the life cycle of the battery. We wanted to keep it as small as possible so it is modular with the poi (which are now on the market and going well) the swinging club (soon) and the juggling club (in the pipeline)
Just decided to head over to common ground on the weekend. managed to get a ticket that was spare.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
See you there then, Callan. smile Do you have the swinging clubs at all to bring and have a show? (Even if they're just prototypes for a squiz.) grin I'd be interested in seeing them, I've been interested in getting into clubswinging.

hug

hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Cool will pack the set of prototype clubs in my kit for you to checkout.
c ya there

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Oh damn it! I didn't hunt you down about those! Sorry, chief. I thought you wouldn't have brought them...

Damn. I saw the new poi, though and had a go with the concentrate doubles... very nice... I'll have to pick up a pair once I've got the cash for it.

hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the new light settings looked beautiful.
the strobes have a very distinctive light trail but it was the gradual color blending modes that really took my eye. yum.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always