Forums > Other Toys > fire eating/breathing with a pierced tongue?

Login/Join to Participate

nayhaisthebest1GOLD Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Umm, it might seem like a stupid question, but would it be possible for me to fire eat or breathe, both of which i may want to do in the future, if i had my tongue pierced?

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Well, I would say that you can always take out the piercing just before a show.

I would think that repeated fire eating may make the metal heat up and could injure the inside of your tongue.

Or, if you did it with a plastic stud, then it could melt and cause terrible damage, or the fumes from the molten plastic could be toxic and cause lung damage...

Fire breathing wise, apart from all the other dangers (go to see the thread if you haven't already), I wouldn't really know since I don't do it.

I know that once you get a piercing, it can take a while to get tongue function back to normal... so while you have to learn to speak without a lisp, it may also be harder to 'spit' the fuel and you'd have to take this into consideration.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i knew a guy who would frequently eat fire with a pierced tounge.. he (obviously) always used a metal stud, but never had any issues with it heating up.

fire breathing on the other hand, i cannot say.. and i would be much more cautious about this one

best of luck hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
As far as breathing fire with a piercing, 9 times outta 10 it's instant death. /shrug

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
I dunno try spitting water out as you would the fuel, if it interacts with your piercing in a bad way, don't do it. Fire shouldn't be IN your mouth while breathing anyway, so I think your only concern is the spitting.

Id also stick to metal jewelry when fire eating, I don't think most of it will heat up too quickly, that said you could always experiment by holding the jewelry near the wick, or on it etc. and just see how quickly it heats up.

Other than the obvious dangers of either, I don't see any extra concern for pierced tongues. I do wonder about large gauge "lowbret" piercings, I intend to get one, but I anyone else have the experience on that one?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wow poje, thankyou greatly for your learned and insightful view on the subject. highly appreciated!

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Not sure about other problems that may arise, but you would really want to be sure that you piercing is properly healed be fore trying either. I can think of nothing worse than an infected tongue peircing *shudder*.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

nayhaisthebest1GOLD Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help everyone grin

deadkenndys1105SILVER Member
journeyman
65 posts

Posted:
I am a fire breathing so I wouldn't suggest fire breathing with a tongue piercing. It might cause some problems with the pierced area. I don't think there there should be a problem with the physical part of fire breathing but it might just irritate the piercing.

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
Piercing shouldn't be irritable after being healed. The tongue is a very quickly healing piercing for that matter.

That said I think it would require you to take out the piercing though to clean any fluid out of the whole so you aren't left with toxic chemicals mixing in your drinks or food.