Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Rightyho and off we go.

i managed to steal a rather nice contact staff off some manky kid that was using it to chase and hit other kids across a field with...so i walked up to him, grabbed the staff and walked off. At this point you are probably horrified that i stole a nice contact staff of a poor defenceless child- fear not..he was not defenseless (he had vry bad breath), it was not actually a contact staff, but more of a nice round stick..well not stick in terms...more of a pole, wooden in contsruction if my Design and technology GCSE serves me correctly.

the problem is that it is rather warped...any ideas how to straighten it out?

at the moment its floating in my bath..

any other ideas?

its about 4 foot 9 or 10 inches long and i think is made of pine.

anyhelpgivenisgreatlynoted...oh,itapearsthatmyspacebarisntworkinganymore oh wait...false alarm..its working again.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i wanted the same thing for my juggling clubs jon (silicon spray) but i think we're pretty much buggered - it doesn't seem to exist!
i looked pretty hard but found nothing.

and as for the moral bit of the discussion, i think charles may have taken ucof's joviality slightly the wrong way.
i think the cheeriness of the deed was initiated by the fact that he disarmed someone using a (randomly found) weapon and rather than just disposing of it or rendering it useless (burn it!), he is actually making good use of it.

for example it's like stopping someone going round hitting people with a rock, confiscating the rock and taking it home to create a sculpture from.

surely the karma balances in the first act alone, regardless of what he uses the stick for afterwards - the theft of a weapon against preventing others coming to harm seems quite balanced to me.
must admit i'm not a massive subscriber of karma but i do believe in it to a certain extent.

stealing is bad.
but then again so are drugs...

*wanders off just as confused as everyone else*

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
There is a substance you paint on and when it dries it's a grippy rubber coating. You can apply as much or as little as it as you want for your desired thickness. You can find it at hardware stores, it's used for putting handles on tools. Another option is to get the grip tape they use for tennis rackets. Hockey grip tape gets really sticky and ink runs out of it when kero+heat touches it.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I find hockey tape works fine (Can you tell I'm a Canuck?). The tape for tenniss rackets sound like a good idea too though.
On the subject of silicon spray... The only kind I've ever seen is a lubricant sold for X-Country ski's. Also that paint on stuff is rather spongy when it dries. Now correct me if I'm wrong... (I've never used it on a staff before) but wouldn't it fall apart with heat and Kero added? not mention act as a wick it's self and roast your little fingers.
I still stand by my opinion of The Streets (only one good song)

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
actually, unbelievable as it sounds, i don't think Jonny Ucof wants to set fire to the stick at all.

its just going to be a grippy stick for purposes of playing with, no wicks (or strings) attached.

my personal recommendation for grippiness is bicycle handlebar tape, cos its lovely and grippy and soft and bouncy. but tennis racquet griptape is good too.

wonder what a staff covered in felt or baize (the green or blue pool table cover stuff) would be like to use?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
and The Streets has done at least TWO good songs

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
bicycles yes, but I'd use inner tube any day
any was its all academic now.. A bit like UCOF's exams

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
wernt exams always academical?

and i only want it for contact..

no fire or stuff..

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
jon - go back to bed!
you are obviously far too confused with the world to deal with a friday so late in the month.

first the balls/stick misunderstanding and now complete confusion over the exams are academic pun.

i think the lack of has degraded your sanity. skin up, quick.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
no..its doing be really good actually..

i managed to do a maths problem that ahad a 12 in it somewhere...i think it was 12x6..and as i have never needed to do my 12 times tables..i did it in about 3 seconds i think...which is very very quick for me.

im doing really well about the no weed at the moment...tomrorrow will be the big test though

*coleman..im placing you in charge as my supervisor...if you see me taking a spliff off anyone...you have my permission to kick me square in the nuts..and that doesnt include you....if you offer me..i get to kick you in the nuts*

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wicked

if anyone does offer you a spliff though, to save you having explain the whole 'no smoking through exams' thing over and over, just take it say thank-you and give it to me.

"i'll roshambo you for it... i go first."

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Dark Pixiemember
47 posts

Posted:
Am I hallucinating or do most twirlers enjoy an occaisional partaking of the heathen weed?

Roman candles that burn in the night, yeah you are a shining light

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
indeed they do.

BOLLOCKS!!! i didnt give the pole enough time to totally dry out... its now more bent than mre lightning..

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I don't think it's heathen at all. I think we all enjoy an ocasional partaking in getting blitzed or high as a kite. Even my dad... All though he shouldn't cause me old man doesn't hold his weed well.

And whats this about the streets having 2 good songs. The Irony of It All and ???????????????

Don't drink and drive get high and fly (I had a squadron commander who took that a wee bit to seriously though)

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Stay Positive

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
huh? I was being possitve.... huh? I wasn't being bitter at all. I posted with humor...
I'm confused

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
no you spanner..

thats the name of the song!

stay positive by the streets!

DUH!!

lol

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
What kind of hockey tape did you use? I used the old fashioned fuzzy sort of stuff and it was absolutly horrid once heat and kero touched it.

Also I forgot about the paint on grip stuff that turns out spongey. The stuff im talking about turns out smooth and gripey.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
oh ok.... I've never heard stay positive

Astar I use Renfrew Hockey Tape. It's about a dollar per meter. Works really good, and comes in two exciting colours: Black and (you guessed it) white.

[ 04. June 2003, 11:55: Message edited by: DJ Dimples [Frost] ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
see mine isn't made in renfrew, it's probably made in quebec or something. that's what I get for buying crap hockey tape. Everyone knows renfrew makes the best.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Yes it is the best.

I use it for handles on practice swords too. And it stands up to heat, and kero very well. It also make a good surface to grip/hold when your hands are wet or the handle is wet.

Page: