How we made JFF2008

100 nin Contact

Will make more viddeos soon!!

EDITED_BY: Yuta (1225091198)

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
finally!

after locking myself away for two days doing nothing but capturing footage and editing I can present you a little result. I'd call it a little JFF Flashback with some nice pictures you definitely haven't seen before. So go ahead and enjoy

[/quote]

I'll make a similar video for UberOz very soon, just need to finish capturing aussie footage first hehe

ps: thx for mentioning yuta smile
EDITED_BY: duvan (1222435099)

ShionFire monkey
72 posts

Posted:
Absolutely love this one Max!
Nice work brother!

The force is strong with you

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Woooh..too many video too fast...I'm still back on Thomas's entry smile cool which I've watched at least a dozen times and my back still hurts from watching that back bend with the orbital...I need to work on flexibility methinks as I wouldn't try anything like that unless I was within physical sight of the entrance to the hospital emergency room.

[ insert several thousand clapping smileys ]

It's going to take me a couple of days to catch up on what's been posted as I don't want to OD on videos.

max..I read your post on the JFF thread, cheers for that. So your a serious camera guy who did the filming ? For some reason, these videos look better when viewed full screen...maybe it's just me, but I'm hesitant to watch most spinning videos in that format because I mostly end up viewing a pixelated, unwatchable mess.

One criticism I do have is regarding that HUGE piocommunity logo on the screen as I found it transcended distraction and entered the realm of annoying.

Nice work guys and FSM willing, I might just attend the JFF next year..

248 posts

Posted:
thx shion, glad you like it

stout: as for the "serious" before cameraguy I don't know if you could say so but as I told in the Poi Documentary thread I intend to become a professional filmmaker.
as for the pixelage maybe that is because yuta used h264 for compression which enables you to watch high size resolution as well which is always good for youtube.. or maybe it's just the fact that I zoom in sometimes and the bigger the person in frame the better you can actually recognize the arms and poi.

YutaSAPPHIRE Member
138 posts

Posted:
Here is the last link from me!
Fire contest videos play list.
I uploaded 1st - 10th performer.
I am not sure if I upload more or not.

https://jp.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=757BB34704E822D7

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Mireneye, watched your JFF entry, brilliant, I loved it. ^_^

Those poi were still going hard at the end of the 4 mins. What are they??? Magical kevlar wicks?!

hug

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
It's the Swedish spirit channeling through the poi tongue2 Actually it's well soaked Isis poi from Salza in Sweden!

Thanks man, I had so much fun that it was crazy, I will continue to develop my routine to this song for sure.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info, Mireneye! I loved when you had the poi resting (??) on your back and you then did the plane switch into horizontal planes.

hug

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Hi max..es, it was your professional aspirations that led me to make that 'serious camera guy" comment. So it's the compression that makes Youtube videos actually watchable on full screen ? OK.
I tend to prefer dailymotion myself, as they seem to have a better fullscreen option...just too bad their connection rate is so slow...

I too just watched Mireneye's entry....brilliant.

But Max, I've got to add to your previous comment and agree that these arts are evolving in a positive way in the hands of not only the Asians, but also in the hands of the Swedes..

Yea, that on the back to horizontal planes was a nice touch....

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
GO SWEDES! grin

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
yeah! GO Swedes!

---go to CANADA and visit Andrea!!!!! ;)lol

Mireneye, that was a gorgeous dance!!!

So many things I have seen ,just even in these three vids, that i want to learn. Cant wait for an opportunity!
great job guys! TX.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

248 posts

Posted:
just a little promo without the artsy fartsy stuff I usually do
features mcp's staff

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Nice video there Max.

Great that you included the children smile

Makes me want to go next year

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Excuse me if that sounds scary in my demented mind...

I'm reading it that the children is why you would like to go next year.. Eww.. haha.. J/K. I think only I would ever perceive it as such.

=)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
No silly...if the children were the reason I wanted to go, then I wold have put the two ideas in the same sentence.

One of the reasons I want to go is the dates. Unfortunately most ( nay all ) of these conventions happen May-September and I'm running a small business that's tourist dependant, those months are high season so it would cost me BIG bucks to take time off then.

Mid Septemper's doable. date wise.

I don't usually associate these arts with children, and it's nice to see them involved

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Yeah man.. Sry for the silly-ness =)

Wow, hope you can come next year! It'd be awesome to hang out and spin.

YutaSAPPHIRE Member
138 posts

Posted:
This is Video from JJF (Japan Juggling Festival)

This is the guy who won JJF and also very famous juggler.
And a friend of mine. He changed Juggling and still discoverring new way!
Anyway you must watch it!

Komei Aoki,
https://komeiaoki.tabigeinin.com/
https://jp.youtube.com/user/komeiaoki

Page: