Forums > Meet Others > kingston london spinners

Login/Join to Participate

squatterGOLD Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
hi,

i've just moved up to putney vale (between kingston and roehampton/putney, and would love to find out about any regular meet-ups that are happening around the area. there's stupid amounts of greenery around where i live so i figure there must be some spinners lurking somewhere! i'd also be interested in getting involved with some performances.

here's a couple of links to some vids of me if anyone's bored or interested:

recentish doubles practice
burn from a year or so ago

i mostly do double staff but am starting to learn contact, poi and juggling.

hope to see you soon,
cheers.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hiya

There are a couple of people from kingston who spin because I remeber posting because I used to go to school & live there, but I can't find the thread at the moment (at work) may be in the gatherings thread or a few pages back in the meet others can't be more than a month ago when I posted in there last wink

Double staff.. wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PJB21experamentalist and chucker
21 posts

Posted:
heya i live in hook/chessington quite close to Kingston and i know another member, durballstar, lives in surbiton, ive done a spin with him a few weeks ago down by the river in Kingston.

i personally do alot of chucks, and also do staff (my fav fire toy so far) poi, rope dart, balisong ( Filipino knife), sword, ive been working on juggling recently (like the past week)and am going to be looking into the more circus style object manipulation (after doing alot of martial freestyle) but yeah, im quite a sane guy really and im more than happy to meet up. hopefully we can get some others involved, have a little meet up soon.

only problem is i dont have any fire equipment (except my mouth, i forgot i can fire breath (as stupid as it is))

but yeah if you want ill happily send you my number and hopefully we can arrange something =)

PJB21

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
I'm based near Putney Heath (the other side to Putney Vale though)

as far as I know there are no meets around here, but there should be!

the nearest meet for me is the one I run at the Synergy Centre in Camberwell (easy enough to get to via Vauxhall).. see [Old link]

I'm a wimp for outdoor winter spinning but would be happy to swap some poi moves for some staff moves if we can meet somewhere warm or next spring..

Frenz_brstranger
7 posts

Posted:
i just moved to richmond wich isnt that far from kingston.
didnt realy bring any materials from brazil when i moved here (ie. poi, and fire poi) but i would love to start spinnign again..
anything just hit me up on here and will set somethign up..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
lol I know where Hook is grin I used to live in Chessington too laugh3 I know Chris wink lanky git to be fair your only 1 hours drive away you should come to Southern Lights this year dude, you can get plenty of equipment there and then lol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PJB21experamentalist and chucker
21 posts

Posted:
hey all, just so you know this guy has moved, however im still around, check out [Old link] for info on a meet im organising soon =)

(i know, no replies in that thread, however ive contacted people elsewhere haha)

PJB21

squatterGOLD Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
hey, sorry guys thanks for replying! i thought i'd be getting some kind of email confirmation through when someone replied (i'm probably doing something wrong) so just figured noone had said anything and didn't bother checking.

yeah and as PJB21 says after much malarkey i've moved, so now i need to find some people who spin in chichester (or brighton, which shouldn't be too hard)

take it easy.